test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

System/load screen disconnections

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
:mad:
more and more recently I've been getting disconnected from STO when i either change to a different system, go into another zone, beam up to my ship, warp in/out of a system. this is becoming an inconvenience seeings how I'm trying to get to Captain or above Commander rank and being stalled by this Disconnections. And it taking me at least 5-10 minutes to reconnect to my account character selection.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    :mad:
    more and more recently I've been getting disconnected from STO when i either change to a different system, go into another zone, beam up to my ship, warp in/out of a system. this is becoming an inconvenience seeings how I'm trying to get to Captain or above Commander rank and being stalled by this Disconnections. And it taking me at least 5-10 minutes to reconnect to my account character selection.

Same here, was just beaming down to a planet and now it gives me game server error.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im disconnecting almost constinatly, usually when i try to log on ill get a few timed out but mostly i just get disconnected from server, and usually if i get on its on for a short time and then ill randomly disconnect

is there any kind of resolution to this, this is the only game i have an issue with.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gotta giv it teh BUMP for life :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im disconnecting almost constinatly, usually when i try to log on ill get a few timed out but mostly i just get disconnected from server, and usually if i get on its on for a short time and then ill randomly disconnect

is there any kind of resolution to this, this is the only game i have an issue with.

I'm having the same issues. I tried opening the ports that cryptic says should be open but STO is already on my exception list. Nothing is working and I have been having this issue since right before Open Beta ended... I can't even finish a mission. My friends are not having this issue which led me to believe it was an issue on my end but after scouring these boards for help I have decided it must be their issue because I am far from the only one with these issues. I remember them saying they were adding new server this weekend but I haven't seen any mention of it since last week.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem on the player end? I hate just waiting for them to fix it I want to fix my own problem... Too bad it doesn't seem to be my problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same with me. How can I play if I am disconnected every 15 to 30 minutes?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I shall BUMP this thread because it is a "major" issue that the majority of players is having.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im having the same issue. I have a feeling it has to do with the que and how it can be bypassed. Im pretty sure people are taking my spot in the server when Im loading. Its just a thought but it might be on the right vein.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you get the error message "Disconnected from Account Server" repeatedly after pressing enter multiple times. Hold down the Enter key or put something on it, so it will keep trying. That's how I try and get past it, but it takes a while. It's only a temporary solution but it works for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And so I was disconnected from a group mission in the middle of it and haven't been able to get on since... which has been..... since 5:24pm PST and it's now 6:32pm, I try to reconnect but all I get is the message "Connecting To The Account Server..." :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bumped agian
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And so I was disconnected from a group mission in the middle of it and haven't been able to get on since... which has been..... since 5:24pm PST and it's now 6:32pm, I try to reconnect but all I get is the message "Connecting To The Account Server..." :(

I haven't been able to log in for more than 10 minutes since open beta ended... Haven't even gotten into the game for more than 2-3 mins since a week a ago.

I had resolved to wait until they added more servers and then figure out if the problem is still on my end.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You may want to try changing your proxy settings in the STO launcher under options.

Also try running these tests and see what you get:

http://pingtest.net/

http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I recieved a B rating from the first link. BUMP :(