test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are we being FORCED into pick up groups now??

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thibor wrote: »
    Or do you just get off bashing others who make raise a legitimate issue?

The irony in your statement astounds me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just typed /lfg and it turned off auto grouping. Never had an issue with it in ob or the 22 levels worth of missions in live.

As far as the argument about missions that require you to group, I have yet to see one in 22 levels. I have done every non fleet mission up to my current level and have never once been auto grouped. Sounds like a bug or the auto group setting got reset.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are now 3 options open teaming, allow team invites and block team invites. I set to block and still end up in a group of nubs that I have no intention of working with.

Agreed. If this is a bug it needs fixing with tonight's patch. If it's a purposeful change, even faster would seem about right. Grouping is great in STO, but not if it's forced.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Eturnity wrote:
    The irony in your statement astounds me.

Honestly, man, I'm sure you're a cool guy, and I'm not talking about you here. I'm purely talking about the post... this isn't an attack on you. You seem a decent fellow... but...

Someone posted that they cannot turn off auto-group, a potential bug in the game. They specifically said "If I want to group, I'll group with friends."

Immediately, another poster replied that they had the same problem, except they actually want to auto group, but can't.

Your reply came in and immediately told the first person to leave the game and go play WoW. Your reply in no way, shape, or form, addressed the issue OP pointed out. It didn't say, "I don't have that problem," or "I think that's how it's intended." You said those things later, after others called out your post telling him to play another game, because he pointed out a potential bug.

And you didn't even suggest it nicely. You said it through a metaphor about an 800lb gorilla, which I can only assume you were saying it was obvious that he should play WoW.

Do you genuinely not see how that could have rubbed people the wrong way?

Afterward, your posts changed their tone significantly, but that first reply was unrelated, rude, and completely assumptive.