Install Arc
Options

BOFF Rewards

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My Level 6 BO did not appear in my tab, all others did.

I wrote to a GM about it, they didn't even understand what my problem is about, and they posted something completely stupid in return.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's definitely a bug. I'd say it happens about 20-25% of the times if I'm representative ... I'm about 3/4 on that, from 4 BO I should have received, got 3 (the automatic one at level 6 didn't work).

Not sure if it's the same issue, but it also happened with a reward from a patrol mission, I selected a kit and I didn't receive it. Feedback text mentioned my BO skill reward, my merit reward, mission completed, but no 'you received whatever kit' text that you usually get with item rewards.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I still havent gotten my BO rewards for the Azura Quest and the Vulcan Sector quest. Now I did not get the third one. I am missing the Uncommon BO from the Bridge Officer quest.

I have rebooted, checked inventory, and checked my assignments.

Nothing.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope all of you are going to the ingame Bug reporter and adding to the existing ticket for missing BOffs...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BO rewards are 100% useless

you can get a BO cjeaply and equally cheaply train ANY skill you want then to
    have at the BO trainer.

when they offer a RARE BO I laugh, I would rather have a regular ships weapon, at least I can sell that.

>>IF<< rare BO had skills you could not train, or races you could not make, maybe I could see
    it.......but they don't so...they are cheap...even the rares.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Out of the 5 times I *should* have received a BO as a quest reward and/or BO requisition, I have received zero. I have had to fill my ship slots with store bought BOs, and out of the 7 of those I've purchased, 4 have shown up in the Assignments tab. Somehow they're getting lost between the "confirm" button and the Assignments tab.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    AussieJohn wrote:
    I have lost 2 BOff candidates from the New Officer missions you get after leveling up.

Both time I noticed that the officer was not in my inventory or in the assignments tab.

I had enough room for either officer (Had 3 BOff's and room for a 4th.) but they were not being allocated to me upon mission completion.

The missions I did where the BOff was a reward and I had to select from 3 different ones worked perfectly and I got the officer I wanted. It seems to only be the New Officer mission that is stuffing up for me.

What annoys me is I've yet to get one of those that's actually useful. Failing to actually get them would be a plus for me, but I've never had that particular bug.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    ZippyZ gets +1 to Awesome for that post.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Sadly, also -1 because many of us know this, but are sending bug reports that Officers we get as "Offer to join your crew!" are not showing up in the Assignments tab.

And they're the nice Green and Blue named ones.

:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have this problem too. My first BO in the tutorial never arrived, and then the reward for the Azura I didn't get either. The next one that did work for me was the first sector patrol mission. Then I didn't get the officer from the second Bridge officer requisition mission I got by leveling up.

So I'm only getting some of the BOs rewarded from missions.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BO rewards are 100% useless

you can get a BO cjeaply and equally cheaply train ANY skill you want then to
    have at the BO trainer.

when they offer a RARE BO I laugh, I would rather have a regular ships weapon, at least I can sell that.

>>IF<< rare BO had skills you could not train, or races you could not make, maybe I could see
    it.......but they don't so...they are cheap...even the rares.

What is your point? You could "maybe see" what exactly? Are you seriously posting in this thread saying that it is okay for mission rewards to vanish into the ether? That you could "maybe see" the need for Cryptic to fix a major known bug from beta IF bridge officers were worth more to you personally?

You might want to take the time to read through the thread since its not just BO's but also "regular ship weapons" and other reward items that are not showing up in inventory.

Thanks for your helpful input.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    ZippyZ gets +1 to Awesome for that post.

Thanks,

Stormshade

wrong if you don't get them at all - 3 new officer quests 3 times i select rewards and got nothing
    this is a problem and instead of touting obvious posts - fix the problem

didn't get it at lvl 7 lvl 9 or lvl 11 all three i should have had but nada nothing zilch zip blank assignment page
    Fix the problem
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've had 3 officers lost in this way now, some appear in the assignments list, some simply don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have lost two rare blue BO a nice tact klingon one and a nice science one
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lantesh wrote: »
    I would also like to say that the few officers I actually did receive did not have the skills that were listed on the rewards page. For example my tac officer had High Yield Torpedo I. Upon commissioning him and assigning him to my tac slot, he did not have HYT and instead had Torpedo Spread I. Actually, all his skills were different than listed.

Had this one too, My first tac officer in the tutorial listed as high yield torpedo 1 but had torpedo spread 1 when she got assigned. Tried it out but don't like it. Not that it's not good or usefull, just doesn't fit my play style. so as soon as i could spent the merits to buy a skill change. And now I'm an LT Cmdr I've promoted her to LT,(as i had only recived my first 3 quest reward BO's and had at least 2 fail, posibly 3, as i'm sure i had a full BO crew by LT9 in beta) as my only tac officer and again had to train her out of the mines power that is next on that track as I'm not a mines user. In order to fill out my crew I have had to make purchases at the exchange, as by this point i didn't have the merits to buy one from requisitions.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yup, I haven't rec'd any of the BO's from 'New Officer' missions you get as you level.

Oh, and Stormshade - I know where to f'n look. So does everyone else in this thread. We aren't 4 years old, we aren't stupid. If you and the rest of Cryptic don't think this is gonna be a big deal come Tuesday - especially considering all the other issues this title has - then you're sadly mistaken.

Your mission reward system is broken, for a lot of people. You might wanna see to that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On a partially related note for this subject, I submitted a GM ticket for a missing quest reward I didn't receive asking if the item could be awarded manually as this isn't the player's fault to see what kind of response I would receive. The response I received in summary was essentially tough luck, we know things are broken but are doing nothing for our customers to fix the problems on the GM/customer service side.

Until the programmer's fix this issue, it looks like everyone that loses BO or quest rewards is out of luck and will not be compensated for any losses because of Cryptic's bugged game code. I can get by without the quest reward item in this case, but I will not even try to accept any new BO candidate rewards until Cryptic fixes this major debacle.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So far I have lost 4 uncommon "green" BOs. That is four out of Five. I opened tickets on each. The response has been to get a caned mesage telling me where to find them on the asignments tab, duhh - I know where to look for them. Now I indicated in each ticket that they didn't appear on that tab or anywhere. I don't think the GMs even read the tickets carefully. I know where to look for them and they simply fail to be properly awarded.

I have resubmitted two with no response so far.

The BO rewards are broken. I hope the GMs know this. To my mind the appropriate action would be to look at the account in question and if the complaint can be verified or if the account is missing BOs by quality type that are awarded based on level that the player's complaint should be taken at face value and a BO of the appropriate quality applied to that account.

:(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pyros wrote: »
    Some missions that reward you with a new BoFF -still- do not always give you the officer. It was the SS Azura mission that broke in this way right off the bat this time. And yes, its not in the assignment list.

Same. Didn't get my Science officer.

This game launches tomorrow. Missions failing to award items properly to this degree should not be happening.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On a partially related note for this subject, I submitted a GM ticket for a missing quest reward I didn't receive asking if the item could be awarded manually as this isn't the player's fault to see what kind of response I would receive. The response I received in summary was essentially tough luck, we know things are broken but are doing nothing for our customers to fix the problems on the GM/customer service side.

Until the programmer's fix this issue, it looks like everyone that loses BO or quest rewards is out of luck and will not be compensated for any losses because of Cryptic's bugged game code. I can get by without the quest reward item in this case, but I will not even try to accept any new BO candidate rewards until Cryptic fixes this major debacle.

Customer Service should be able to place these in your inventory while you are in or out of game. I got a similar answer and was pretty confused. They can see on your logs what quests you have completed and where the failure is.

Im up to 4 missing bridge officers now and made the sad choice of buying two so I could do some harder content.

/boggle
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Folks, I've read this in a few threads, I tried it and it worked for me -

When turning in BO quests, do so at the source. Do not click the radio button (dot) but click the DESCRIPTION itself. If this does not light up the radio button (dot) then BACK out of the reward and restart the conversation.

I have tried it, it works, and after 3 lost BOffs I'm finally getting my rewards. This SHOULD work for you if you've been having the same problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    my random bo's from leveling havent shown up either. i tried accepting them over the wire (ie hailing sf command) and returning to star base to accept them in person both times the bo i was suppose to be awarded ended up somewheres else other then my inventory.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This isn't a minor detail, we're talking about a total failure of the Mission Reward system. A functioning Mission Reward system is the backbone of any MMORPG; I'm hoping someone at Cryptic is working on this issue. Do they seriously think we'll keep putting in the time and effort necessary to progress in a game when the associated mission/levelling rewards are not provided? Kind of takes out the whole point of playing the game. We need more from Cryptic than lip-service to this issue and sarcasm from the devs. This issue wasn't even listed in their "working out the bugs in headstart" post.

Thank goodness I didn't pay for a lifetime subscription.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There is a ticket you can subscribe to and its status is "In Progress" - which means, that they are already looking into it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I couldn't find any official statement about this, except the one in the Sticky-Ticket saying "We're on it" ...
    Is it true, the BOs from the Mission Reward are better than those we can buy in the Station?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mr_Sparks wrote:
    I couldn't find any official statement about this, except the one in the Sticky-Ticket saying "We're on it" ...
    Is it true, the BOs from the Mission Reward are better than those we can buy in the Station?

Unless they added an option to purchase green/blue/purple level officers, yes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mr_Sparks wrote:

Very true - they come in various quality levels with higher tier skills in lower tier slots, sometimes superior racial traits, etc. To my mind these are more important in the long haul than green/blue/purple item rewards for the progression of your crews development as their effects on gameplay could last your captains whole career not just an equipment tier or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I realy hope, they'll give us a good replacement BO for this loss, after they'd fixed the problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well, they have less than a day to fix the boff bug. It's not going to be fixed in time. You count on that much! Azura isn't the only broken mission. Ive lost 2 boffs and some armour so far. Prepare for the groans of the crowds logging in from the midnight launch, doing azura and swearing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have not been getting my BOffs as apart of the random crew assignments. But have been successful when they've been rewarded as mission rewards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i have been having this problem when BOFF want to join and you accept he is gone and not there to be assigned. also some blue mod's i did not recieved, from missions Amd. Quin gave out. i put a tkt but no repose from STO.