What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOFF Rewards

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its nice that Cryptic is giving +1's to people who don't read the post rather than responding to the problem. Nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so are we still in beta o.o?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MingZ wrote:
    so are we still in beta o.o?

No, but this whole method of getting the new officers was introduced a mere few days before beta ended and was not tested sufficiently. During beta I had officers that vanished from the requisition officer, and now my SS Azure reward officer is gone post beta.
    Its nice that Cryptic is giving +1's to people who don't read the post rather than responding to the problem. Nice.

CS response to the ticket was very unhelpful, to boot. I stated that it was a reward officer, what mission it was from, that I checked my assignments and my candidate section...

And the CS response was to ask me if it was a mission reward, if I checked my candidate section, and if it was a reward to specify what mission it was. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have the same bug, completed asura mish, selected BO canidate, got xp, but no officer in the assignments tab. Bug was filed, saw that there were also 240 other logs of the same issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same thing happened to me, didn't get my new BO suit from a mission reward.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here no new BoFF not even in assignments from ss azura
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In beta both closed and open, when doing this mission i recieved my BO, but last night when i completed the mission (SS AZURA) in the headstart, i did not recieve th BO reward :(

What i'm thinking dont know if this is the reason tho, is the first few times i did this mission i went back to Sol and spoke to the adrimal in person, but last night i decided to hail starfleet on my communicator. Normal dialouge goes up and click your reward , BO of choice. But i find that it has not been rewarded to me by pushing K to goto my assignments tab, there is no new BO present.

Submitted a ticket as all do when think its a bug/issue and hope in time that it gets fixed, as at this stage in the ame, a free BO is a welcome addition to your ship.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    ZippyZ gets +1 to Awesome for that post.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Thanks for giving out points to awesome without actually reading the thread and understanding the problem, you get -1 point to reading comprehension.

The problem is not that we don't know how to assign the Officers, the point is that we aren't receiving them. But, then again I've also done 2 other quests tonight where I didn't receive the rewards I should have. So, as someone else said, this isn't a mere BoF issue, this is a general quest reward issue, therefore ZippyZ's post didn't help anyone in this thread.

EDIT: For clarification sake - I did receive my BoF for the SS Azura quest, I did NOT receive my BoF for the level 6 New Officer quest.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Look. You DO get the officer. Howeever, you have to go to earth starbase whee you buy BO's, you will get an option to see all the officers that want to join your crew.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    Look. You DO get the officer. Howeever, you have to go to earth starbase whee you buy BO's, you will get an option to see all the officers that want to join your crew.

Nope, well, i have not played in headstart to be honest, but when I did this in OB this did not help at all. I STILL didn't get my BO 100% of the times i did this. And by the shear number of posts iv'e seen about this i hardly think there has been any change att all. And NO they still did not show up in Assignments.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Penniegrim wrote: »
    Nope, well, i have not played in headstart to be honest, but when I did this in OB this did not help at all. I STILL didn't get my BO 100% of the times i did this. And by the shear number of posts iv'e seen about this i hardly think there has been any change att all. And NO they still did not show up in Assignments.

This hasn't been fixed since open beta and is still horribly broken. I'd currently call this the biggest bug they have that needs to be fixed ASAP, and ensure that everyone receives their missing BOs (or at least new equivalent random ones) and quest reward items. Cryptic has acknowledged the bug exists (according to the in game bug tool), but I haven't seen anything useful in the forums from Cryptic on the subject.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

While I appreciate that you are trying to help by giving this advice, unfortunately it doesn't work. I'm standing in front of the lady at Earth Starbase and the only option I have is to buy new BoF's. The Lt. 6 reward BoF just vanished.

This is not simply a BoF issue however - I've done a few quests now where the rewards never showed up in my inventory (not BoF rewards, I know to look in the Assignments tab for those). Therefore this isn't a BoF reward issue, this is a quest reward issue - and when I've just completed a very long multi-step quest and the reward is a significant upgrade and I don't get it...well, that's a problem for me. This really needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raiyna123 wrote: »
    While I appreciate that you are trying to help by giving this advice, unfortunately it doesn't work. I'm standing in front of the lady at Earth Starbase and the only option I have is to buy new BoF's. The Lt. 6 reward BoF just vanished.

This is not simply a BoF issue however - I've done a few quests now where the rewards never showed up in my inventory (not BoF rewards, I know to look in the Assignments tab for those). Therefore this isn't a BoF reward issue, this is a quest reward issue - and when I've just completed a very long multi-step quest and the reward is a significant upgrade and I don't get it...well, that's a problem for me. This really needs to be fixed.

This is correct, and it IS a big deal.

In OB I made it to Tier 3 on my Fed and I NEVER received an officer from the "New Officer" quests however I did get them from the normal quests early on but then it just seemed to break so no quests rewarded me with an Officer. I also failed to receive a rare impulse engine from a long quest. I bugged all of them and they were never addressed despite the specific order from the Devs to bug those issues.

Another wrinkle is that my Klingon made it almost to Tier 3 and I ALWAYS received my Boffs from the New Officer quests.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hopefully we'll get some update on this in patch notes (which are past due)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep i not only had officers poof now but a blue item quest reward poofed on me. i made it to level 11 with 3 officers only and i did all the missions. It seems to be random how ever as some of our fleet members got them just fine while others have also not been lucky enough to get the BO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

lol, doing the ostrich does not mean a problem doesn't exist. I dare say a great many of us are fully aware of where to find bridge officers in the assignment panel, or in our inventory. Yet, the fact that they do NOT show up when we complete the mission remains.

While ZippyZ is correct on where to locate them in the UI, it does not change the fact that they are not there. Is it possible for us to make this any clearer? Assuming we are incompetent and ignoring the bug is not a good way to approach the situation.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

You are wrong. The missing BO's and items are quest rewards that go straight to your inventory, at least that is what is supopsed to happen. Randomly they do not go into your inventory or your assignment queue or to the BO req officer (which is incorrect anyway, that is where you spend merits to buy BO's).

Thanks though for yet another piece of advice from someone who has failed to read the posts in the thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As mentioned the problem has been around since beta. It is possible to not receive a reward from any quest, not just the BO rewards.

While not a fix, it seems to happen less if you make sure nothing else is going on when you Call Starfleet. Also, make sure when you do not switch focus or open up any other windows once you open the quest reward dialog. Select your reward and finish out first.

It is very disappointing this issue has not be openly acknowledged or addressed. In beta it wasn't a big deal, as it was Beta. Now in retail, this can cause players to miss out on one time offers.

To add injury to insult a PR person is making a suggestion from someone who didn't read seem like the solution, while ignoring the actual problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

-6 for not reading the thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

I'm sorry to say this, but you are incorrect Storm.

I will add my name to the list of people who have issues receiving their officers. As others have stated they are simply no where to be found. They are not in my inventory and they are not on my assignments page. They do not exist.

In addition, when completing missions the chat log always says "you received item: <name>" or "you created <officer name>". Upon reviewing my chat log after the officers vanish I found that it was never recorded in the chat log as having received anything. I see it tell me how much SP and other rewards I got, but no mention of the officer at all.

I would also like to say that the few officers I actually did receive did not have the skills that were listed on the rewards page. For example my tac officer had High Yield Torpedo I. Upon commissioning him and assigning him to my tac slot, he did not have HYT and instead had Torpedo Spread I. Actually, all his skills were different than listed.

I had this happen in closed beta and in open beta. I know I've made some bug reports about it on the way. It's horribly frustrating missing out on your mission rewards.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Missing rewards haven't happened to me yet, but has anyone tried contacing an in-game GM to resolve this? I wonder if they will help with the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Do not purchase BOs immediately after the tutorial and when you first get to Sol.

If you do, the bridge officers you receive as rewards for the early missions will not appear under your assignment tabs. This is only the case for the first 2 you get after the tutorial.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well seeing as I hadn't bought any because I knew I was getting them free....

I wonder if this is related to the other items people have mentioned as being not as described?

Has anyone the time or inclination to do a clean reinstall, to see if this issue is from us using the old Beta client?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This has occurred twice to me so far:

Once after the SS Azuria mission, and a second time after a random BO offered to join my crew.

I know what the limit it is on BOs, I know how to see who's available. This isn't a player error or lack of knowledge: It was working before, but is not working now.

Reward BOs are simply vanishing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

You get a -1 for not realizing that is exactly what the thread isnt about. This is an issue and has been for some time you guys should probably look into instead of the cursary glance and ignore method you seem to be using here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gillysan wrote:
    Missing rewards haven't happened to me yet, but has anyone tried contacing an in-game GM to resolve this? I wonder if they will help with the problem.

Trying that at the moment to get an item I actually want to use.

First reply is the standard looking into the issue, refiled as a bug, blah blah. Which is a bit silly, I already filed a bug report. I want my item.

So if it isn't waiting for me, well, I'll be contacting customer support again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes I am another one with the SS Azuria BO not appearing :(

It worked fine in the Beta and not in Headstart :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had it happen to me in OB, and now as well in HS: sometimes reward Boffs are there on your Assignments page, sometimes not.

The vendor Boffs seem to work 100% though.

Maybe it's sector space? Try accepting your reward boff only when you're at a starbase or something, and see what the success rate is, for most of the time when you're accepting boff rewards it's just after a mission and you're likely in sector space: maybe its not a coincidence, and similar to that boff skill train sector space bug we had in OB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fitzgerald wrote:
    I've had it happen to me in OB, and now as well in HS: sometimes reward Boffs are there on your Assignments page, sometimes not.

The vendor Boffs seem to work 100% though.

Maybe it's sector space? Try accepting your reward boff only when you're at a starbase or something, and see what the success rate is, for most of the time when you're accepting boff rewards it's just after a mission and you're likely in sector space: maybe its not a coincidence, and similar to that boff skill train sector space bug we had in OB.

Both my fiance and I went to the Space Station when we got another random BoF mission - it didn't matter, we still did not receive the BoF. When you normally receive something from a mission there's text in your chat tab that says "You have aquired such and such" however when we accepted this mission and chose our BoF reward, that text never came through. So, it's definitely a bug that needs fixing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have lost 2 BOff candidates from the New Officer missions you get after leveling up.

Both time I noticed that the officer was not in my inventory or in the assignments tab.

I had enough room for either officer (Had 3 BOff's and room for a 4th.) but they were not being allocated to me upon mission completion.

The missions I did where the BOff was a reward and I had to select from 3 different ones worked perfectly and I got the officer I wanted. It seems to only be the New Officer mission that is stuffing up for me.