Options

People seem to forget

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ytram wrote: »
    These kinds of downtimes during a launch of a game are never "okay". That's not to say it's not standard or that they shouldn't be expected, but we should hold any company to a high standard of stability. Just because another company has set the standard of low quality doesn't mean another company shouldn't do better.

I'm calm though, it's just the second day ;)

This.

I fully remember WoW launch. Hell, I remember Anarchy Online launch. I just don't care. "Somebody else did it," or even "everybody else did it," is not an acceptable excuse. Cryptic is a company producing a product, and that product needs to work. Period.

Every server crash or bit of unplanned downtime is a failure on Cryptic's part. Will they happen? Of course. No one is perfect, and these games are massively complex systems. That doesn't change the fact that it is still failure, and they are obliged to do everything to ensure mistakes are rectified and never repeated, and to make amends for their failure should it be serious enough. At no point is it ever "okay."
This discussion has been closed.