Install Arc
Options

Gameplay: Showstoppers and Critical Issues

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    SHOWSTOPPER:

WARPING TO THE SOL SYSTEM AFTER FIRST MISSION SET--SITS ON LOAD SCREEN FOR INDEFINITE PERIOD. NON-RESPONSIVE BUT DOES PLAY THE HISTORICAL TIPS.

I logged out of the game using ctrl-alt-delete. Re-entered twice and both times I was stuck in freeze frame load screen.

Ken
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you are stuck trying to access SOL or any other system. Click the option button on the launcher and choose safe mode. This seems to fix the stuck loading system bug.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstopper: Falling to my death in space......say what?

Bug: I loaded from the Sol starbase into system space only to see my avatar fall about 12000 miles, I apparently hit the floor cause I died. Respawned and everything was ok. But this bug is getting annoying. At least 70% of the time when I load into space its my avatar and not my ship, when I load into a ground situation its my ship. Like I was able to fly up to the second floor in my cruiser, I was flying roughly a minute.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstopper

ANY transition from station to ship, sol to sector, sector to sector, and warp or beam, I get disconnected to log in screen, buddy of mine in game says I'm still logged so my ghost will not time out to let me back into game. Not that it would do me any good as I can't play.

While waiting for ghost to time at log in screen I get "disconnected from account server" message.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    -Critical

Tailor Payment Bug

Char: Jason Horn@DJO_Maverick

Using tailor at Sol Spacedock, attempting to change all BOFFs to use new TNG Movie Combadge; no problems on first three. On fourth (male bolian tactical officer), going into transaction I had 4,820 energy credits. After selecting his new combadge, modification price was listed as 60 credits. After hitting purchase, I then had only 482 credits. He didn't actually get his new combadge either.

Reattempted his badge purchase twice, both times still listed as 60 cost; after each purchase attempt, no credits were charged at all, and his badge was still never changed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stannak wrote: »
    If you are stuck trying to access SOL or any other system. Click the option button on the launcher and choose safe mode. This seems to fix the stuck loading system bug.

You're a life-saver! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dameaus wrote: »
    bug level: Showstopper

Description: stuck on "retrieving character list" for literally 10-20 minutes..... i watched the clock. followed by disconnecting because of timing out im assuming. this happens almost every time i log into the game. half the time i just close the game because it is a ridiculous wait time.

I get the same thing. What sucks even worse is when i do get in, everytime i goto a loading screen it disconnects me from the server and then i have to spend 10-15 min to get back in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Moz_666 wrote:
    Category: Showstopper

I have tried numerous times to level up my character and crew members, to no avail. I am accumilating points to spend on the various things, but whenever i click accept or apply it simply will not upgrade any skills. An error message comes onto the screen, "There was an error while trying to rank up your skills" I have not ranked up once yet, and as i cant do so, it is hindering my progress and it is getting increasingly difficult to take further quests due to my rank.

Hopefully their will be a fix to this.

Thanks.

I have stared having this issue after the last patch, I can increase my skills, but when I click accept I get an error and the skills are reset to what they were before.
    Until this is properly fixed there is a way to work around this.
    Go to you ships bridge, you should be able to skill p there.

To get to you bridge, find the little triangle button next to your minimap.
    From the dropdown menu, select visit bridge.
    You should then be able to skill up and save it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HELP PLEASE!!
    I have tried everything I can think of...including repatching!!!

Since the big patch on 20 Jan, I can't access any systems past the sirius sector. I created a second toon and they can.

Once I leave the Sirius sector the systems no longer hace the labels above them and I cant enter them. I can enter the conflict zones and interact with the various merchants in all the sectors but I cant interact with the systems to enter them. I cant figure out what the problem is and have filed a ticket on the 20th but still no response.
    Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanx
    Mik
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oseve wrote: »
    Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like

Same here got stuck on loading started a second toon and got stuck same place again
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ground Combat made unplayable when some of your action bar slots where you have ranged weapons get stuck in an endless cycle and you cannot use them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    For those stuck trying to load Sol system the first time.
    Log out, change all graphic settings to minimal, log in.
    worked for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Keadin wrote: »
    Adding to this: for me sometimes a window pops up saying that there's nothing of interest in the system, with the question if I would like to go elsewhere. The option Dismiss is given, nothing else, and the popup disappears after a second or so, making leaving the system impossible.

Same here. On the "Patrol Orion System" mission I completed one of the systems (and got credit for it) however I have had to replay the missions in the other systems time and time again and while I receive the message saying the mission is complete, when I warp out of the system it still appears as uncomplete in my mission log.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SHOWSTOPPER

crashed to desktop in a deep space encounter while fighting a bird of prey.

had 5 people on my team.

This is the first time ive crashed in a space mission.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The bug reporter status icon isn't showing up when I crash to desktop.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SHOWSTOPPER!!!!

trying to log back in and I am stuck at 'retrieving list of characters' and so are several other people
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stuck at Retrieving characters:eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I beamed out of space dock but I didn't beam to my ship, simply me falling through space and then my screen went the way it does when you're dying on an away mission.

Tried logging out and back in to see if I was a ship again but now I'm stuck at the "Retrieving Character List" for the past 10 minutes with no change. It's not even failing, just hanging.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Found a MAJOR SHOWSTOPPER.

No matter what I am doing, either AFK or playing in STO, after this latest patch I CRASH WITHIN 5 MINUTES.

Nothing I have done has been able to resolve my issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both updated and next to latest Video drivers, lowered all game video settings. Removed my second video card that was used for SLI dedicated Physics. And am now contemplating uninstalling STO all together. EVEN THOUGH VERIFY SHOWS GREEN ON ALL SYSTEMS. The game should be GOOD TO GO. But after the patch I JUST CANNOT PLAY.

Current hardware is:
    Q6600 Quade 2.4 stable at 38c
    DDR2 1066Mhz Ram 4GB capacity, stable at 37c
    XFX GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 stable at 46c
    Two 320GB WD HDD, one with Windows 7 64bit Ult, the other Mac OSX Leopard. (custom bios to boot mac on command)
    This computer is WELL OVER capable at performing at max settings. I ran game with 16x Anisotropic Filtering, Forced 16xQ antialiasing
    Highest texture settings and 50% higher than normal distances. WITHOUT LAG, and WITHOUT GOING OVER 50c on my video card under full load.

After patch I get two bluescreens, and now the computer compensates and just locks down the fault in the program on crash. I'm considering pulliung the event logs to post as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstopper

Ground Combat on Starbase 24 caused the client to crash.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    After logging on, the first time I return from an away mission I fall. Other than that everything seems to be ok.

My nephew is having not too many problems with a P4 3.4 Ghz 4 MB ram and .75 GB nvidia video 10K Drive
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bug report submitted in-game. yesterday. (21Jan)
    appearing in SB24 or other structures as my Miranda class starship

appearing in space as my character .

Apparently fixed on SB24 as of today (22Jan) but i didn't have time to test on any other stations as server brought down for maintenance.

**when error occurred inside space station it would clear eventually. and ship would return to a character.....BUT Character would be SOLO......AWAY TEAM did not spawn.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is the most I have been booted ever, keep getting server not responding
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstopper - Stuck in Deep Space Encounter in the Iota Pavonis Sector Block. I can not leave by any means. I can not Exit to Sector Space from any of the dialog options.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wanttokill wrote: »
    Same here got stuck on loading started a second toon and got stuck same place again
    Oseve wrote: »
    Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like

ditto anyone able to load into Sol? this bug affect certain chars or maybe zone full when this happens?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstopper:

I'm (still) unable to get to Sol - (progressbar showing about 2/3 full)..
    I think I'm still in the Tutorial stage..

It's bee like this for the past 2 days and I think 2 patch applies..
    (I would have thought they would have addresssed this serious bug!!! by now as a lot of people are
    experiencing it)

DeltaOskarMike
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Other than the constant disconnects, server crashes, hanging loading screens and the 75% of my available time wasted in waiting - nope, nothing wrong that I can find. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's not just SOl System either. I waited for 40+ minutes last night and another 20 (so far) to load into memory Alpha this morning and still haven't played the game.
    So much for enjoying the final beta test weekend!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Space encounter in the Sierra System. Got in, during the animation of my arrival "Ship is under attack", when I got control: BOOM, defeated.

*Please* make spawn points SAFE of instakilling mobs?

- M
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Showstoppers:

- Cloak and Full impulse don't work from clicking the icon
    - All my medals have dissapeared and no longer accumulate on completion of PvP matches.
    - Honor points did not dissapear but are stuck at 196 and no longer accumulate.
    - My Bat'leth does not equip on the character. Although it will move to the top slot on both the tray and paper doll when I switch weapons.
    - Cannot train skills (get the error)
    - Ground and space schemes do not switch properly.

From this thread..
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=78255