test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Server is busy at the moment" - Unable to log in even though the shard is online

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm also in the Hromi sector and now I can't even log onto the game. Coupled with the frequent crashes I started getting for no reason yesterday and I think this game will be going into the I'm keeping my money catagory.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't do anything at all. Every time I try to dock at a station or warp to a new sector, I get disconnected. Since the devs didn't bother to put in a queue system for logging in, it takes forever to get back into the game. Right now there's no point in trying since if I try to do anything, I get disconnected. This kind of behavior doesn't bode well for release day, which is less than two weeks away.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dvader18 wrote: »
    I cant transwarp because I am a person not a ship so it's not in my hotbar, and I get disconnected to fast to look for it in power menu

Try what I did in my post above:

Warp Out to Sector Space. How? Click on the Abort Mission/Warp Out/Beam Out Button to the left of the minimap. You'll probably still get disconnected, but once back in, you should be your ship. Then you'll have access to Transwarp and you won't be falling to the bottom. You may even have enough time to find the Transwarp Power and click it before you DC.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Baah disconected from server without a warning and try to relog->"The server is full and cannot accept additional palyer at this time ".
    Thought this times belongs to the past! :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I just got this too after getting suddenly disconnected in the middle of a mission :o
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Li_Xiao wrote: »
    Try what I did in my post above:

Warp Out to Sector Space. How? Click on the Abort Mission/Warp Out/Beam Out Button to the left of the minimap. You'll probably still get disconnected, but once back in, you should be your ship. Then you'll have access to Transwarp and you won't be falling to the bottom. You may even have enough time to find the Transwarp Power and click it before you DC.

except Im in the sector area of Delta Volanis already. I gotta fly to the Sirius then dont I?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    except Im in the sector area of Delta Volanis already. I gotta fly to the Sirius then dont I?

No you don't have to fly back to Sector Space. You can just immediately Warp Out. Incidentally, I got back in and completed one mission, then got kicked out again. Of course, with the message about the server being full. My guess is Cryptic is going to take the Servers down tonight for "Emergency Maintenance" to fix whatever is causing the constant disconnects. At least, I hope they do. For now, I'm going to take a break.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    seems the patch brought about a lot of problems, and i thoguht we were working on this whole sever population issue? hardware was on rush order?......
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought they fixed this with the new servers they said they added, or maybe they haven't yet but if they did they are gonna be screwed next week.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    morphman2k wrote: »
    I thought they fixed this with the new servers they said they added, or maybe they haven't yet but if they did they are gonna be screwed next week.

Damn right they will. I love the game and have even decided to preorder. But if I get this on launch day I'm dropping this MMO permenently and giving Cryptic a wide berth from here on out. Of all the things that can go wrong with a MMO, underupgrading your servers just shouldnt be one of them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I know it's all a play on words but I prefer the server is busy message. Obviously it's full but it appears unforeseen. Now... you've changed the message to "server full". Though I appreciate the honesty...and the play on words is no different... the message goes from "wow look at all these people, we need to do something" to "we have no more room for you".

Ya gotta love english
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I too ahve had a lot of problems tonight. I think some is lag related, but I also think that news of the big patch has gotten out and everyone and there brother wants to see it. I know I did.

Thanks,
    Duncan
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay, I'm putting this here because I am not sure where else to put it. I think it may be server related. Anyway, I was in the Delta Volanis sector when I last logged out, and when I attempt to log in it gets me into the game, but my avatar is a person, not a ship. I fall to the grid at the bottom, and then get immediately disconnected. This has been happening to me all day. No matter how many time I try to log in, or reset my computer/game it still happens. What is the problem?

I have had this problem all day as well but it's every time I beam up to my ship. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Griffonsyl wrote:
    Ok, here is my annoyance... I am already IN the game... I try to zone out to sector space after completing a mission, at which point I get booted, then when I try to log back in, it tells me the server is full and can no longer accept any more players... that is WRONG... I was already in the system and got booted out... something needs to be done about that

Agree totally same thing happening to me beta ok , few glitches uptill 2 days ago, when a load of beta keys got issued on other sites, then server issues, then they bring patches out and makes it worse, never got booted after missions and never had to que to get in server, can you guarantee people who pay for membership we dont have to que to get in saying server is full , cause im not paying to wait to get on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Scotty...I need more server power.......

Sir! She's givin' ya all she's gaht, sir!!

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    back in, hope it holds
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ive been getting this message too, like everyone else, atm it doesnt bother me, afterall this is still the open beta, and this is a part of it, however what worries me is the simple fact, that on launch day many more thousands of people are gonna be putting subscriptions in and attempting to get online, at the minute a lot of us cant get on, so on launch day its gonna be that much worse, and afterall this is a star trek game, so theres gonna be LOTS of people who wanna play it, I foresee launch day being a bad day to try to get online to be honest, hopefully tho they increase their server capacity ten fold before launch day, otherwise theres gonna be a lot of angry people.

On the other hand tho, I have played other mmos that have started out, and they always had thousands of problems at the start, including getting booted, and unable to connect to server, yet we have only seen so far, the inability to connect, I havent been booted and theres only been a couple of graphical glitches, which will get easily fixed, with that in mind theiy're doing a cracking job so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nice patch. Game seems to be running much more smoothly. The look is much cleaner. Wish I could step away for more than 15 minutes to eat without having to deal with "Server Full" message on my return though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Um, yeah, those servers you ordered? You need to order more. Maybe try for "too many" this time? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't get in at all, it immediately gives me the "server is full" message, every time. It doesn't even seem like it's trying....

EDIT: woot, got in now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    heathenish wrote: »
    Um, yeah, those servers you ordered? You need to order more. Maybe try for "too many" this time? :D

Yeah, agreed. I'm loving the game, but it's hard to enjoy it when you can't get in. :( Sure hope this isn't one of the problems that rears it's head on launch day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, agreed. I'm loving the game, but it's hard to enjoy it when you can't get in. :( Sure hope this isn't one of the problems that rears it's head on launch day.

if I have to go through this when the full game is released I'm canceling my subscription
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So 6pm PST and it seems we have the server is full que again... Guess you didn't buy enough servers
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stymer wrote:
    So 6pm PST and it seems we have the server is full que again... Guess you didn't buy enough servers

And what makes you think they have gotten the new server shards up and running?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    These kind of problems always crop up on every highly anticipated MMO. Threatening to quit because of launch day complications only makes you look like a donkey.

If you are that critical about a smooth mmo experience then I suggest that you hold off buying it for about 2 weeks to a month after it is released.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, i am not digging this " server is full please try again later" TRIBBLE.....get more servers running please.

If you can't do that; at least put us into a que with the number of people in front of us and an estimated time to connect. That way at least we can make an informed choice on whether to wait it out or go do something else. As it is there is no way to know if trying to connect is futile or not.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't get in! I thought they had new servers already?!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The server is coming down anyway for maintenance in 7 minutes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rathamon wrote: »
    The server is coming down anyway for maintenance in 7 minutes.

anyone see a thread on when its coming back up?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think this "single instanced server" setup is NOT going to work for this MMO. It may have been workable for Champions Online, but that's nowhere NEAR as high-profile a property as Star Trek. Cryptic's going to get MANY more players for this MMO just from the Trek name.

If the server's hitting the wall now, with a large-yet-limited number of beta keys handed out, can you imagine the meltdown when the mass market release hits?