test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Server is busy at the moment" - Unable to log in even though the shard is online

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes, would be nice if they fired a patch over to Fileplanet, and then peeps could grab it from there, loose some load on there patching server
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jimrox wrote:
    Why buy new servers? Just Rent SWG's, they aren't using them.

lol This is an awesome idea.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That was a response to have we reached 100 yet..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well I got in, downloading patch atm.

I noticed they are getting/adding new machines, nice :D

"first impressions are lasting impressions"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jimrox wrote:
    Why buy new servers? Just Rent SWG's, they aren't using them.

hahaha. So true, so true.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stymer wrote:
    yes, would be nice if they fired a patch over to Fileplanet, and then peeps could grab it from there, loose some load on there patching server

Dont use File-TRIBBLE- , they are TRIBBLE, I mean you pay for a game, and they want you to pay for their site to patch the game or wait 2 hours to download it?? Got to be kidding me.
    Just torrent the thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wee we got it to 100 pages.. lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nearly there :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yay! 1000th post.:D

just missed it lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sorry wesly.. you were so close.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alright, I have been able to log in for the last 36 hours, give or take.

This thread is now over. Close it, as the servers are here and probably aren't going away now that they are locked-in for launch over the next two weeks.

It has been an....Interesting(:rolleyes:) ride so far, but let's face it: Servers are up, asides from people who always have issues logging in because they don't know how to register properly or use a computer system, I'm willing to bet all of us have been in the game for some time now.

If not, then excuse me and my appearently good fortune...I seem to be seeing thousands of others on open beta right now, too, so I have to assume those with login trouble are those who have always had those problems...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol you lost the point.. the original meaing for the thread went away along time ago.. and when we noticed we were nearing 100 pages.. it was a free for all.. lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    froste11 wrote: »
    As if this could not have been foreseen.....like there would NEVER have been a need to have things ready for this inevitable eventuality.

Significant lack of pre-planning rears its head once again in a development cycle.

Everytime I read one of those I wonder. Is this poster was on site in the machine room when all the gears started beeping and amber lights flashing all over like a chrismas tree? What if all your assumption, unless you were on site, was that all you said was done by the book by the people behind the "toy" your so eager to play?

What if at your best case scenario of the market response it was the correct cluster size and you are then hit by what? the gears turn red and burn because there is to much people?

Haha, Its a problem of course but it's one of those rare ones who are welcomes ones...

So many NoSayers and still hooked to the Game enough to stick trying while the login server are chooking... yea, you all hate it.... that much... lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This issue isn't dead. There are still login problems after that patch. When do the new servers come online?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They have been putting them online since the 16th I think and I've seen noticeable improvements since then from day to day, so they must be bringing servers online on a daily basis. So hopefully it should continue that way till the lag is at expectable levels...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I bought a new laptop and could not log on even though my desktop had no problem. I trried everything with the router and modem. What finally worked was when I reduced my resolution on the laptop from 1600 x 900 to 1360 by whatever and it worked !!! and I have had no problem logging on since
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is the issue with the account server more than the game servers? perpetually hanging up at that point :(

It's a pain in the backside - some days connection works fine, other times it's up and down faster than an Orionese... ah.. erm... well, and today it just doesn't want to know.

Just run a tracert to patch server, not login server... Virgin Media (UK) gets two hangups going through INTERNAP - could someone go round with a Bat'Leth and some stern glares please?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I honestly don't know, I get that error message when it fails to logon. Not sure if thats based on how many people are trying/are logging on; or if it's just general server loads effecting the whole system. If you keep trying to log on constantly I tend to find I normally can get on after about 5 to 10 tries;

However the last two days normally less than that, even been getting in first time at what is Euro/UK peek time 5-8... gets worse after that as the US gets back from work and starts logging and clears up again as the Euro/UK players log off at about 11 onwards.

But thats just for me in England, live out in the stick in the South West... like the UK's deep south but with out the tailor parks and other US things lol. but we don't get the best net connections however it's not all that heavy load as the pupation is lower than the cities. Add to that I get a good connection under 1K from the exchange. So all in all I have quite a lot of things on my side to improve my chances of logging on and staying on with out as much lag....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There are a lot of "I"s in that post. The last time I checked this wasn't "Star Trek Online for freez whenever you want," it was "Open Beta Testing."

Still payed for it as many others did...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pgm2b2 wrote:
    Still payed for it as many others did...

No you pre-ordered the game and Cryptic have given you the option to get involved in open beta testing. If you lack the maturity, patients, and/or drive to help make the game better by helping in open beta test then don't and wait till the games release date; and stop your emo whining all ready lol.

I'd like to make an emphasis on the word TEST which clearly implies the game is not ready or complete and still need TESTING to make it work. Beta testing is a much more of a JOB and involves having to deal with the game not working correctly and helping to fix it. Beta testing is not a free "lets play the game before it comes out", I wish people would get these simple facts into there heads!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    everybody is having login issues. make sure you fill out asupport ticket. so we can get this thing fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No you pre-ordered the game and Cryptic have given you the option to get involved in open beta testing. If you lack the maturity, patients, and/or drive to help make the game better by helping in open beta test then don't and wait till the games release date; and stop your emo whining all ready lol.

I'd like to make an emphasis on the word TEST which clearly implies the game is not ready or complete and still need TESTING to make it work. Beta testing is a much more of a JOB and involves having to deal with the game not working correctly and helping to fix it. Beta testing is not a free "lets play the game before it comes out", I wish people would get these simple facts into there heads!

It's less than two weeks before the game is released you idiot, Cryptic should have the servers up by now, and have a lot of the major bugs fixed, but they barely done either, I and some other people still get randomly disconnected from the server(s) when leaving/entering a system/doing anything, randomly crash, and etc, this isn't a beta it's a "try the game two weeks before release and see how broken it is" mess.

Also shut the **** up, if someone paid for something they have the right to complain, don't tell someone they lack maturity and patients because they're ****ed off about not being able to get into something they paid for.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To quote myself and not have to repeat myself; in response to you message.
    I'm just thankful that they discovered the huge interested before the game started, using the pre-order to do open beta was a stroke of genius as it's given Cryptic a very accurate and clear picture of the server loads they need to be dealing with and are making adjustment for this. Also they have saved money in dev to by doing it as they can now get the server's they need exact to the game opening needs rather than under doing it at release like so many others or over doing it and wasting money.

In the last 4 days I've noticed a big change is server stability and can log on from about 5pm to 1am with not too much difficulty (UK based myself and at work or sleeping the rest of the day) when I first start I couldn't even log on the first day I DL the game- 15th of Jan. So there has already been a noticeable improvement, and I'm sure we'll continue to see more.

There is just too much money to be made from this and behind this for it to fail, and so far the dev team seem to be doing a good job so it should work... or so I hope LOL. This game is going to be huge, the problems we see atm are no different than any problems all other MMORPG's have gone through, WoW sucked for ages trying to get on when they under estimated how much interest there was on the game, and it's no different here except Cryptic are sorting the issue before release rather than after like WoW and many many others like it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not bad guys. 102 pages with "cry cry cry" keep it up and you may get a lollipop in the end.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Doctr wrote: »
    It's less than two weeks before the game is released you idiot, Cryptic should have the servers up by now, and have a lot of the major bugs fixed, but they barely done either, I and some other people still get randomly disconnected from the server(s) when leaving/entering a system/doing anything, randomly crash, and etc, this isn't a beta it's a "try the game two weeks before release and see how broken it is" mess.

Also shut the **** up, if someone paid for something they have the right to complain, don't tell someone they lack maturity and patients because they're ****ed off about not being able to get into something they paid for.

Ok now having read your response a little more in full I feel you need a bit of a put down my unnecessary flaming friend. I like this other individual am expressing my opinion. My opinion of what he wrote as well as my opinion of him based on what he wrote.

He has paid for the RELEASED version of the game NOT THE OPEN BETA TEST!

If this was the opening day and the game was like this I'd be right with him complaining my TRIBBLE off and getting my money back or extra time back. But it's not so he just sounds like a prepubescent teenager kicking his feet because it's not working...

Open beta test should suggested to him and other like yourself that it would not be 100% operational; so making pointless rants about it like some stroppy kid isn't going to help and the clearly more mature and experienced MMORPG's and Beta testers are getting fed up of your childish behavior. As clearly proven by your need to use expletives and unnecessary aggression towards my cutting but fair remarks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Open beta test should suggested to him and other like yourself that it would not be 100% operational; so making pointless rants about it like some stroppy kid isn't going to help and the clearly more mature and experienced MMORPG's and Beta testers are getting fed up of your childish behavior. As clearly proven by your need to use expletives and unnecessary aggression towards my cutting but fair remarks.

Thanks for saying that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OK, issue becoming weirder. Login server now responding quickly, just not recognising user/pass...??
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He has paid for the RELEASED version of the game NOT THE OPEN BETA TEST!

QFT

If the people wailing have not figured out they are playing a BETA TEST and stress testing the servers is part of that... i.e. making things go wrong by overwhelming the server.... well that is exactly what beta testing is supposed to reveal. Paying for the pre-release give you the ability to help Cryptic by playing the open beta test, but that is all it means. If this happens after release, people should feel free to moan, but not until then.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one after 5 days now trying to play this game. You would think after all the years of development and waiting that this game would work correctly! All I can do is look at the transporter pad and it tells me server failed to connect....time out! Unreal....im really starting to think of canceling my pre order if this is what we are in store for.....very sad that they cannot get this game to work! :)