test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to download; Files stop around 400mb

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I've looked through the other "can't download" posts and tried what they suggest, no dice. I've tried all the sites since tuesday.

What is happening is every single download I try will time out... at any point but always before about 500mb. The startrek downloader has been chugging away at the <1 kb/s speed and is at 42% after 3 days.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution? What I really need is simply the ability to resume a download. Unfortunately I bought the game from Atari because I didn't like the pre-order bonus from Steam, but steam works perfectly. I've downloaded over 20gigs of broken files.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just went to Fileshack. I downloaded from the US East Coast server, and had the game downloaded and installed inside of three hours. There are plenty of places where the download speeds are fine. As for the random halting on downloads, I know that older versions of IE (particularly IE6) couldn't handle large file downloads (anything over a gig was beyond what the browser could do). Could this be your issue?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm. I downloaded and installed within an hr.

Should i tell ya where?.....

http://files.startrekonline.com/installer/star_trek_online_setup.exe ;):D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have tried File shack east coast and west coast, Atari and the connection is broken at their end. When I was on File Shack after the connection was broken it would not reconnect. After any where from 350 MB to 600 MB would down load then everything would quite, and no more down load. My O.S. is Windows Pro 64 bit. I have previously down loaded large file but never experienced having the connection broken.