test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct3D driver error keeping me out of the game

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I am getting more than annoyed now at this fracked up beta.

After 3 days of trying to get the client downloaded (bittorrent finally worked), I finally get the game installed and patched. Then the following happens when I "Engage":

1. I get a message that I may be using old drivers for my video card. I select "Use lower settings."

2. I get a message saying my video card may be unsupported. I select "Use lower settings."

3. I get through the Atari logo, then encounter a fatal error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a texture.

I am currently on an older system running Windows 7 (beta release candidate, not the retail version), and my card is a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra. I've re-downloaded the most recent available drivers from nvidia, verified I have no other OS updatesd to install, and restarted before trying a 3rd time.

I can understand not being able to run the game at the best visual settings with an older card, but this is ridiculous!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im getting exactly the same error message about Direct 3D.

Maybe these patches will sort it out :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have had the same problems with the Direct 3D. I chrashed when there was a little action. It has been like since launch. I tried to install the DXSETUP that is in the temporary files the game makes when you have started the "Star Trek Downloader ST.0.20100108a.0". I have not had the D3D device or direct 3D related failures after that.
    But i still crash when there is to much action involved. But it can handle more before crashing.
    But try and install the DXSETUP that comes with the client download.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the idea, but it didn't work for me. Guess my current video card is too old. At least I'll be getting a new computer next month, so at least I can start playing soon after launch.