test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct2Drive or Steam?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
If I were to pre-order my game from Direct2Drive or Steam, would the beta client download be faster than what most are getting from the other non pre order sites? I've been trying for 3 days to download this client and I've either gotten corrupt files or the downloads have stopped 8 hours or so into the download. I have a 2M connection, not blazing fast, but it doesn't justify the 30-50 KBPS downloads I'm getting with this client. Any suggestions? I'm currently downloading from Altern8 and it's 45% complete...was getting 100-200 KBPS download speeds but it's dropped to 40-50 so it's estimating another day to download instead of a few more hours...I'm desperate at this point and I'm afraid this file wont work either....any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I went with D2D because it was £5 cheaper, and got an almost constant 1.6mbps speed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I went with D2D because of the Pre-order Bonuses, but I couldn't even get the download to start, so I had to download the Open Beta from a third party. I am hoping that the same issue won't be there when I am downloading the finished product. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Steam is full of spyware and malware. i reccomend removing all traces of it and never let it in again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    CptWarpass wrote: »
    Steam is full of spyware and malware. i reccomend removing all traces of it and never let it in again.

:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I went with Atari and used the standard cryptic downloader....the one that states not to use unless the other methods didn't work.

Download speed was between 1m/sec up to over 2m/sec last night. Took right at 4 hours for the download.

You get some nice extras from the deluxe version too. I mean who doesn't want to yell KHHHHHAAAAAANNNN at everyone in site.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I bought from Direct2Drive today, download was pathetic didnt even work. Some sort of error coming up on the downloader.

Must warn you, went with BitTorrent. Got 1MB download and finished but it doesnt install. Total waste of time this. £44 for a pain in the TRIBBLE, thats what I have a girlfriend for.

First Beta I tried to get involved in and first time I bought a game on release or before release. So far not an exciting experiancing.