test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

patch download is very slow

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello,

I'm aware that there are many posts reporting problems with the client download, that one worked fine for me, but the patch download is very slow (got 400 mb in 4 hours). I'm not complaining as I'm very well aware that there are many people trying to patch currently. Yet I'm not sure if it could be a problem on my side and I'd like to hear how it works for everyone else.

Some details:
I'm forwarding the ports 7225 and 15571.
I'm on a 16 mbit connection and currently located in Germany.
My ping to the update server is 154 ms.
Currently downloading "ST.0.20100108b.10", PatchRevision 4605.

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Banuta wrote:
    Hello,

I'm aware that there are many posts reporting problems with the client download, that one worked fine for me, but the patch download is very slow (got 400 mb in 4 hours). I'm not complaining as I'm very well aware that there are many people trying to patch currently. Yet I'm not sure if it could be a problem on my side and I'd like to hear how it works for everyone else.

Some details:
    I'm forwarding the ports 7225 and 15571.
    I'm on a 16 mbit connection and currently located in Germany.
    My ping to the update server is 154 ms.
    Currently downloading "ST.0.20100108b.10", PatchRevision 4605.

ehm witch ST.0.20100108b.10 u get a version mismatch .... check http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1381559#post1381559
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm thanks for that hint, didn't know that (the patcher tries to get that exact version). I guess I'm gonna redownload the whole client via Torrent.

If it's important: I've installed the client via steam today and that one tries to get the b version.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Banuta wrote:
    Hmm thanks for that hint, didn't know that (the patcher tries to get that exact version). I guess I'm gonna redownload the whole client via Torrent.

If it's important: I've installed the client via steam today and that one tries to get the b version.

ST.0.20100108a.dd is the version from fileplanet i dont know why i (closed beta tester) after 1 downgrade and 1 update patch have this problem