test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a_dd" from D2D - is this right?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I downloaded the client from D2D, it is in a zip file called "Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a_dd".

Is this ok? Can I just extract, install and run STO from STO shortcut, patch up and go (when OB starts,of course)...?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Should be ok, and you can run it now and find out. Launcher should fire up and patch you up to date, was a 172mb update patch btw.

There is a know issue with the current D2D version you can "Search" forums for that issue, that it would fire up and want to download a 10gig patch, minus that issue you'll be fine. From what I understand thats a limited problem, and fixed in a new build to D2D tommorow.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks mate :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have that version too, i had already previously downloaded another version from D2D, but after reading the forum about the fact it was downloading the wrong patch information, i deleted it.

when i downloaded it again last night i got your version and the name was different from the previous one, i was then able to download a new patch and launch, everything seems fine and good to go for me now, just need to wait to 10am.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shorney wrote:
    I have that version too, i had already previously downloaded another version from D2D, but after reading the forum about the fact it was downloading the wrong patch information, i deleted it.

when i downloaded it again last night i got your version and the name was different from the previous one, i was then able to download a new patch and launch, everything seems fine and good to go for me now, just need to wait to 10am.

Ha! Splendid.