test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamestop preorder code registers as just open beta, not preorder?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Just got my gamestop preorder code a little bit ago. When I entered it, it registered as an open beta code. Isn't it supposed to register as a preorder code to include the headstart? If so who should I contact about it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its turtles all the way down ...

and by that I mean all the key entry forms go to the same place, your account looks all set.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    okay, haha just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't TRIBBLE me for Head start or anything. Would be a little annoyed if it did.

Thanks for being so helpful :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    At least you got yours. Still waiting for mine, even though Gamestop customer service said everyone should have them by no later than 5 p.m. central time today!

Now they're telling me to call back tomorrow instead to get it, and the chick on the phone is saying you can't even download until tomorrow anyway so it doesn't matter, but that's not true, consideirng I already have downloaded it with my closed beta code, lol.

I don't even need the open beta code for now, but the fact that they haven't sent me it when they were supposed to really, REALLY annoys me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    Its turtles all the way down ...

and by that I mean all the key entry forms go to the same place, your account looks all set.

so the pre-order key from gamestop will allow for the headstart on 1/29 correct?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    so the pre-order key from gamestop will allow for the headstart on 1/29 correct?
    Not sure how headstart keys are working this time around.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Most I've talked to said their preorder key showed up in the account as

Star Trek Online - Preorder (or something like it)

Mine only registers as Star Trek online - Open Beta.

Lol, I won't worry about it too much. Was just making sure everything was on the up and up with it. If not, I'll just have to work on getting it resolved, haha.

And thanks again for the feedback, really appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lapse wrote:
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Most I've talked to said their preorder key showed up in the account as

Star Trek Online - Preorder (or something like it)

Mine only registers as Star Trek online - Open Beta.

Lol, I won't worry about it too much. Was just making sure everything was on the up and up with it. If not, I'll just have to work on getting it resolved, haha.

And thanks again for the feedback, really appreciate it.

This is how my Gamestop beta key I picked up from the store shows. Got worried since it only said pre order and nothing about headstart or open beta.