test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

JUST FOR FUN: ODDBALL IDEAS

Just a place to compile our ideas for the most unusual, humorous, or just plain bad ideas to address our favorite "State of Game" bugs, issues, concerns, etc...

This thread is not for the purpose of bickering, nitpicking, and arguing. This exercise is just for fun so please keep it light and friendly.

I'll start with a bassackward way to address the increased Costume Clipping:
STO convinces all Star Trek Series and Movies going forward to to design patchy costumes and uniforms. Or simply advertise the costume in question as having the ability to generate a kind of "Shifting Camouflage" feature.

And from my "Are You Outta Yer Mind" Idea Pack comes the next escalation of Power Creep: Veteran Bridge Officer Seating.
For 3000 Zen the player gets a token that will allow them to upgrade 1 T6-X2 starship to T6-V replacing the existing Bridge Stations with 5 Universal Commander Bridge Stations.

For an off-the-wall "Band-Aid" to help the Dilithium Exchange:
100,000 Refined Dilithium buys you a new Ability, Fleet Support Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot (for lack of a better name). This ability will allow the player to call back-up in the form of base-model ships from their Active and Dry Dock inventories, 3 ships maximum.
Buying the Ability is not enough, however. The player must populate the list of available ships at a Refined Dilithium cost of 50,000 each. Therefore to use the Ability to its fullest right away would cost 250,000 Refined Dilithium. Then, when more than 3 ships are added to the list, the randomizer kicks in.

What goofy ideas do you have?

Comments

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    Tribble fights
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    Tribble fights
    Tribble and epohh deployable combat pets with unique abilities for each breed, a la Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    edited October 7
    jonsills wrote: »
    Tribble fights
    Tribble and epohh deployable combat pets with unique abilities for each breed, a la Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all!

Tribble crossbows (RIP Adam West)

https://youtu.be/uW7c6ls6y5w?si=fcDAqwnL3WITGDmw
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    Dilithium Tribble, I choose you!
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Tribble Grenades! Chemical Burn Blast!

Pocket Assault Tribbles that spit a chemical that does Chemical Burn damage.

Tribble Torpedoes that have a slightly greater chance of penetrating shields and have a Physical DOT as they chew on a ship's hull until they die in space.

Lobi Tribble: This would not produce Lobi for your account, but it would give you a partial refund based upon the number of costume pieces that were released in a broken state. Partial refund based upon full price for the costume and the number of pieces that are broken.

• azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    Fed Gorn. 'Nuff said.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,805 Arc User
    edited October 10
    Fed Gorn. 'Nuff said.

Fed Gorn would make sense considering in TOS their territory overlapped with a part of the Federation frontier, and after Kirk and the Gorn captain had it out, there was mention of diplomacy starting. Also, there are a few references scattered around in movies and the Berman era spinoff series about Gorn in the Federation.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,157 Arc User
    Fed Gorn. 'Nuff said.

Fed Gorn Supremacy!

xgxyrm8df2i9.jpg
    3kusbhf8detq.jpg
    hlufargckp29.jpg
    9k8jvlm85dv6.jpg
    uklaborbx1ma.jpg
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • krisxr400krisxr400 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    awesome :smiley:@thay8472
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    TARDIS flyable shuttles
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sumugi6#5811 sumugi6 Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @nixie50 said:
    > Tribble fights

Tribble Battle Pet.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,361 Arc User
    edited October 13
    Tribble fights
    Tribble Battle Pet.
    Tribble Fighting Arena, similar to Far Cry 6's TRIBBLE Fighting.

Er, that's Cockerel's you dirty-minded folks!

(Aargh! Caught by the forum censor!)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/