What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poor current state of community announcements

2»

Comments

• Options
    oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    no one cares about us anymore... can't believe we can get an april fools posting with pictures and media but we can't get a dil, or sale, or giveaway post... that literally says hey we don't care lol. this is why the atlas finally hit mudd bundles, they figure dprm will make up for all of it... too bad the ateleth isn't in there... it's a dread... would be the last dimes i spent on the game without an obligatory post about excessive power creep before cracking the wallet again.. would really be nice to know what the thoughts are on the future of the game. still a better investment than going to bars and drinking or other trash hobbies i suppose.
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I really hope DECA doesn't switch to new forums or worse yet Discord. Over a decade of info will be lost forever, and Discord is lousy as a forum replacement because every post is mashed together into one long stream instead of separate topics with their own titles.

If anything they'll just shut down the Forums entirely. I don't think DECCA has run Forums for any of its mobile offerings. Plus it's not like the actual STO Devs or current STO CM really post anything to them - it's usually the LAST place current info is posted (if/when the CM remembers they exist) and its been that way for years.

I had a look, from what I can see, none of their current games list a forum, their only PC game only has links for Discord, Reddit and Facebook. If you specifically look for forums, they do exist but not had any posts at all for over a year so likely abandoned.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 3
    splatty wrote: »
    I really hope DECA doesn't switch to new forums or worse yet Discord. Over a decade of info will be lost forever, and Discord is lousy as a forum replacement because every post is mashed together into one long stream instead of separate topics with their own titles.

If anything they'll just shut down the Forums entirely. I don't think DECCA has run Forums for any of its mobile offerings. Plus it's not like the actual STO Devs or current STO CM really post anything to them - it's usually the LAST place current info is posted (if/when the CM remembers they exist) and its been that way for years.

I had a look, from what I can see, none of their current games list a forum, their only PC game only has links for Discord, Reddit and Facebook. If you specifically look for forums, they do exist but not had any posts at all for over a year so likely abandoned.

DECA is still part of embracer, and I doubt embracer is going to authorise them shutting down the forums. Mobile games are a very different breed to mmo's and a Star Trek licence is still a Star Trek licence; it is still making them (embracer) money, and I doubt they will want to close the forums just for the 'sake' of it. A new forum perhaps - but I very much doubt a complete shut down will happen.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Lets not start going all DOOOOOOM over the forums please.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 5
    More poor communication, this time about the Red Alert event now taking place on PC. :'(

And I mean nowhere. Main web page, forums, Facebook, or X.

Update: One day late but they are up now.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    splatty wrote: »

DECA is still part of embracer, and I doubt embracer is going to authorise them shutting down the forums. Mobile games are a very different breed to mmo's and a Star Trek licence is still a Star Trek licence; it is still making them (embracer) money, and I doubt they will want to close the forums just for the 'sake' of it. A new forum perhaps - but I very much doubt a complete shut down will happen.

I simply stated the current facts that DECA does not utilize forums. As long as STO continues to make profit, Embracer could careless if they have forums or not, they don't micromanage, thats what DECA/Cryptic are for, whether they choose to use forums as a support medium or not is up to them.

Anyways, as per the topic of this thread, with the lack of communication from our current CM, its just a waiting game to find out.
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Letting the communication get this bad seems like a choice.

Who is making that choice is debatable.
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User

Would it make a difference if they did? As you say, they've pretty much already forgotten about them, and it's not like there's much conversation happening on here any more, outside of the mods conversing with each other.

Remember when they promised to communicate better, to the point where they set up a "monthly" Q&A? We're still waiting for their answers from the last one, back from December 2022
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,015 Arc User
    edited April 18
    yep communication is at it's worst. Today only the launcher banner announcement about patching, no announcement on X, no announcement on the forum, no link to patch notes on the launcher, no announcement in the news tab Absolutely nothing zilch nicht, nada. Sorry to be critical, but this is bad.

Post appeared on X around 1 hour ago, and on news tab too ... better late than never
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Another maintenance, another set of barely a couple of patch notes not even given in advance...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    yes, it will continue happening. it isn't being addressed... i saw watchers are fixed... if you are running SROs or infiltrators though you are still hosed... also PVP taking a massive hit now as base defense stat is broken :)
  • Options
    maybe a more experienced person can answer, what do we do when the air has fallen on deaf ears? like... do we write deca like a congressman and hope they step in like daddy? i mean.. lol
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    Another maintenance, another set of barely a couple of patch notes not even given in advance...
    Because, as explained in another thread, when all that happens is backend maintenance, kael doesn't see the need to spend time updating all the different places people go to look for such things. There's no point. You can tell the maintenance was done, because the game's not randomly crashing for absolutely no apparent reason.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The game is indeed running quite a bit better, but there are still occasional lag spikes, and I have been disconnected once, and have seen "Server Not Responding" a few times. So maybe this is just growing pains as the game is handed over to DECA. Hopefully things can be sorted out soon.