test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Contact workstation fire invisible.

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 654 Arc User
Just another minor graphics bug. Sometimes when you pick up a rocket part your workstation catches fire. Currently you can't see the fire on PC (console still has the fire). When you get to the station you can put out the fire and then place your part. So not game breaking, but just another small bug.

Comments

• Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I was coming here to make note of this, too. Not because it causes any real problem in the model rocket TFO, but because, like other graphics that were missing, it might be a symptom of an issue that does cause a problem somewhere.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,013 Arc User
    I've had no problems with the fire showing, but I did have a run where I could interact with the scrap piles yet returning to the workstation gave me no interact to drop off the parts.
    I ended up switching to a different character and trying again - no problems on the second character.
    The first character has been tried again without the issue resurfacing.
    I've no idea what went wrong though...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    It has been happening more often than not to me too, no flames or fire extinguisher discharge visually (though it makes the sound). The pile fires are still visible though.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,474 Arc User
    I have not noticed this that I am aware of. What I have noticed is that there is a fly-in text delay in regards to one of the components zapping you with electricity, a fire being reported, fire on your workstation that you need to extinguish, or bugs crawling out of one of the piles.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    This evening, I experienced the invisible fire. I thought to screenshot it, but how do you screenshot something that isn't there?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    Two evenings in a row, and both times I was on the Gold bench. What colour is everyone else seeing this on?
    (Or, technically, not seeing it?)
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Blue
    Managed to get a screenshot showing the extinguisher, had to go catlike to get it.
    mgaf15o0dtkc.jpg
  • Options
    Upon further review, I did the First Contact Day Rocket Building TFO tonight. I was wearing the blue backpack and assigned the blue workstation. There was a fire I needed to extinguish on my workbench, again there was a fly-in text delay and now I noticed that I could not see the fire. I am running Lighting 2.0. The next question though is does this affect all the workstations or just some? I did not take a screenshot since I tend to play the game and not take pictures. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    Red did it to me almost every time I left to get parts, and the fire was invisible every time. Also, magenta does it too.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    The next question though is does this affect all the workstations or just some?

I think at this point I have been at every color station and not once have I seen the graphics for the fire when I've had to put it out. I'd say it is on every station and the only potentially useful screenshot would be from someone who *can* see the fire and compare their setup to ours.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    When I played the Event on PlayStation earlier today, I was assigned to the Gold workstation (again!?) and I was able to see the fire, so the bug might be affecting us on PC only.
    I'm just about to log in so will update later, if I get a fire...

Edit: Gold rocket again with an invisible fire.
    Post edited by inferiority on
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Theres plenty of bugs in this rocket event, most are still from previous years. In addition to fires not being visible on PC, you have as per image below, NPCs randomly wearing rebreathers and backpacks, (color of which changes when people leave sometimes, and sometimes is just the rebreather NPC guy and sometimes a bunch of them). When your distances goes over 500 it breaks the distance meter. Sometimes it breaks the name as well and you (or whoever does over 500) will be unknown entity. The notification of things happening like 'part gave you a shock' happens way after you've picked it up and can even be when your back to your bench etc.

2bat6x5gjmtp.png
  • Options
    v3tt1kv3tt1k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've only had maybe 3 fires at my workstation, different colors different characters, and have not once seen the workstation fire.
  • Options
    Last night, I was assigned the red workbench and had to put out the invisible fire.
  • Options
    edited April 17
    splatty wrote: »
    NPCs randomly wearing rebreathers ...
    "Forest fires have been reported in the area - Responders arriving soon. Be careful..."

Edit: Magenta workstation had invisible fire tonight.
    Post edited by inferiority on
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    splatty wrote: »
    NPCs randomly wearing rebreathers ...
    "Forest fires have been reported in the area - Responders arriving soon. Be careful..."

Edit: Magenta workstation had invisible fire tonight.

I knew you'd reply with that. At least your predictable. Just for you, if I can be bothered, I'll take some pics of the out of place NPCs spawning at the launch site with rebreathers regardless of fires and in the same place as reenactors causing pile ups.

As for red or magenta workstations, its irrelevant, they're all bugged out, no colour is more prone than the other.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,006 Arc User
    fix coming in todays patch ..... Resolved a visual issue in the First Contact day Re-Enactment TFO preventing the fire on workstations from being visible to captains.