What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next event: Tholian Trouble

2»

Comments

• Options
    thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Is Azure Nebula supposed to be giving a full rep mark choice?
    Atm it is giving the standard 3 choices.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    My guess is, yes, it should have all choices like in other events. I think this happened last time, too.
  • Options
    tagen wrote: »
    My guess is, yes, it should have all choices like in other events. I think this happened last time, too.

Yes, it was and it was fixed fairly quickly.
  • Options
    thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Just got offered full mark choices at end of Azure Nebula
  • Options
    Yes, Azure Nebula task force gives full choice of rewards but the Vault ensnared still just three.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 16
    Vault Ensnared has worse problems than the choice of awards.

Not only do the 'vault spinners' get stuck in little crevices where chasing them down can get the player stuck in the geometry (I was lucky I had rift jump or I would have been stuck in there for the rest of the TFO), the nebula knocking the shields offline mean that when you are stuck in ten layers of orb webbing (no, I am not exaggerating) it is impossible to blast the nodes fast enough to escape before hit points run out.

Why isn't there at least a few seconds of immunity to further webbing when the first one is applied?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Vault Ensnared has worse problems than the choice of awards.

Not only do the 'vault spinners' get stuck in little crevices where chasing them down can get the player stuck in the geometry (I was lucky I had rift jump or I would have been stuck in there for the rest of the TFO), the nebula knocking the shields offline mean that when you are stuck in ten layers of orb webbing (no, I am not exaggerating) it is impossible to blast the nodes fast enough to escape before hit points run out.

Why isn't there at least a few seconds of immunity to further webbing when the first one is applied?
    The ones that get stuck in crevices are dealt with nicely by using BFAW as you cruise by - assuming you have beams, of course. Hangar pets are useful, too.

As for the other problem, I can't help you, because I've never encountered that. None of the webbers have ever lived long enough to complete a web around me.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The part about the nebula that annoys me is that there are 3-4 captive ships to free in there and you move so slowly it's hard to get to them in time. My PUG did it in tonight's TFO but it felt harder than it should be spending a minute crawling towards the enemy groups.
  • Options
    The part about the nebula that annoys me is that there are 3-4 captive ships to free in there and you move so slowly it's hard to get to them in time. My PUG did it in tonight's TFO but it felt harder than it should be spending a minute crawling towards the enemy groups.

I have a relatively slow carrier and it did not seem to take me that long to get from one ship to another at full impulse. Granted, my issue is that other ships are so much faster than I am, I have to get a head start for there to be anything left for me to shoot at. :)
  • Options
    kabilarkabilar Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Don't quote me on this, but I have an educated guess as to what follows this upcoming event: another Red Alert, and then the springtime seasonal event...?

In any case, I believe that what's happening is a bit more frenetic pacing to the events, so that players are never lacking for something to do. Which is a good thing if it can be kept up. It'll increase the playerbase, that's for sure.

Next event: Think it's First Contact Day event

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

I have a relatively slow carrier and it did not seem to take me that long to get from one ship to another at full impulse. Granted, my issue is that other ships are so much faster than I am, I have to get a head start for there to be anything left for me to shoot at. :)

This is for the groups in the static-filled nebula where the minimap, full impulse and shields are disabled.

• Options

This is for the groups in the static-filled nebula where the minimap, full impulse and shields are disabled.

Ah. I saw nebula and was thinking Azure Nebula after others were talking about the rewards there. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    Am wondering if evasive maneuvers or competitive engine procs could help in getting around faster while in the nebula when playing Vault Ensnared? Or perhaps the mission reward Dynamic Reroute Impulse Engines ?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Am wondering if evasive maneuvers or competitive engine procs could help in getting around faster while in the nebula when playing Vault Ensnared? Or perhaps the mission reward Dynamic Reroute Impulse Engines ?

Forgot those even existed.

Haven't had any difficulties using competitive engines in addition to evasive and some consumables.

I think the biggest issue is being in combat which prevents use of full throttle.

By forming pairs and using a hopping tactic (Two launch opening salvo, one remains to clean up and second moves to next Tholian group/Reman captive. After cleanup the 1st forms up+ assists and the pair moves to next Tholian group repeating the tactic.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Okay, today Azure Nebula is offering the full suite of marks, but Vault Ensnared is still just giving Romulan, Nukara, and Fleet marks.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 18

If you're coordinated you send 1 player ship to each captured node. When you go through each one as a group, yes, you'll run out of time unless you have incredibly high DPS output in the group.

(I dislike this TFO so I never bother with it. I have done it once during this current event only because I misclicked on the selection screen and figured it would be faster still than waiting 30 minutes.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User

If you're coordinated you send 1 player ship to each captured node. When you go through each one as a group, yes, you'll run out of time unless you have incredibly high DPS output in the group.

(I dislike this TFO so I never bother with it. I have done it once during this current event only because I misclicked on the selection screen and figured it would be faster still than waiting 30 minutes.)

I always camp out at one spawn point. Got at least a couple of builds that can solo a Tarantula without much trouble.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

The problem with trying to organize random groups of people in this game is that few seem to even glance at their chat window, so anyone trying to do that organization soon realizes it is futile and does not bother doing it anymore. I didn't even know there were captured ships there in the static until last night where several people were vaporizing groups in one salvo so I took a shortcut to try and get ahead of them and at least get a few shots in, for instance.
This discussion has been closed.