test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 3/14/24

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
edited April 4 in Release Notes
Check out all the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11565913
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    No mention at all of the broken missions.
  • Options
    mikelandrewsmikelandrews Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 14
    What other missions are broken? I know about "Sphere of Influence"
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User

Dust to Dust is still bugged last I heard, the electric floor puzzle SFX are missing so it is impossible to solve (just like the Sphere of Influence Simon puzzle). People have been talking about one or two more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head at the moment.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

If bug reports have been submitted in the appropriate way, the dev team will be aware of the issues raised. Bug fixes don't happen at a click of a finger, fixes may need to take time, plus this is not the appropriate thread to raise bug issues, this is a thread on an upcoming maintenance.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

If bug reports have been submitted in the appropriate way, the dev team will be aware of the issues raised. Bug fixes don't happen at a click of a finger, fixes may need to take time, plus this is not the appropriate thread to raise bug issues, this is a thread on an upcoming maintenance.

No, they don't. But patch notes do sometimes have a "known issues" section to acknowledge problems that exist and are being looked into. Especially problems that are affecting a large number of players or that break missions.

The anniversary event had a problem that was breaking omega missions for all KDF players, but it was never once mentioned. We can "oh, they know about it" all we want, but it is, to me, just disrespectful of the playerbase as a whole to not acknowledge an ongoing problem that affects the game like this.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 14
    eazzie wrote: »

No, they don't. But patch notes do sometimes have a "known issues" section to acknowledge problems that exist and are being looked into. Especially problems that are affecting a large number of players or that break missions.

The anniversary event had a problem that was breaking omega missions for all KDF players, but it was never once mentioned. We can "oh, they know about it" all we want, but it is, to me, just disrespectful of the playerbase as a whole to not acknowledge an ongoing problem that affects the game like this.

If every known issue was listed in patch notes the notes would be pages long. Anyway this is a thread on the current patch notes and not on the do's and don'ts of patch notes and therefore I am no longer going to party to the involvement of thread derailment.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Dust to Dust is still bugged last I heard, the electric floor puzzle SFX are missing so it is impossible to solve (just like the Sphere of Influence Simon puzzle). People have been talking about one or two more, but I don't remember them off the top of my head at the moment.

It's not impossible - you can just bypass them entirely with the https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Personal_Transporter - hell, you might even be able to bypass the gap puzzle in that mission too assuming the marker doesn't fall into the void.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

It's not impossible - you can just bypass them entirely with the https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Personal_Transporter - hell, you might even be able to bypass the gap puzzle in that mission too assuming the marker doesn't fall into the void.​​

Nice! when can I expect mine in the mail? :)
This discussion has been closed.