test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can I give the same combat pet to more than one BOFF?

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I have the Elachi Walker combat pet. I earned that by completing a special TFO a long time ago. I have found that some items once awarded can be alotted to myself and my BOFF's. The Section 31 Heavy Phaser Rifle is a good example. I have it equipped on my captain and every BOFF. Are there any combat pets you can do that with? I mean my BOFF's all have a cute little tribble filling one of their item slots, but a combat pet would be a lot more helpful. Thanks for any insights.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Afaik every combat pet can be slotted on a BOFF. One of my BOFFS has the targ of grethor, one has the war targ, one the bioengineered dino and one either the tard..igrade(?) or the mars base android. There are plenty more in the game, besides the ones i've listed...
  • Options
    I don't think I made my point clearly. I was able to equip my Section 31 Rifle on myself and all of my BOFF's. I wanted to know if I could do that with the Elachi Walker as well. I know there are various combat pets in the game, but not all of them are the same caliber. I wanted to know if I could equip the walker on ALL of my BOFF's. Is that possible?
  • Options
    evilspokevilspok Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Nope. Just one of each. So no you can't have multiples of the same pet.
  • Options
    O.K., I thought so. Thank you.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    evilspok wrote: »

Uh... I got two Jackel Mastiffs on my KDF? Could be the one oddball since that one is a mission reward combat pet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The combat pets are a bit jank in that regard. The only way to find out if you can or not is to grab one pop it on a boff and then see if you can grab another, if not then no you can only have one.
  • Options
    You know what? I found out I can do it with the combat Horta reward from "Mine Enemy". Your'e right. It varies depending on the pet. Thanks for your info.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    live8evil wrote: »
    Afaik every combat pet can be slotted on a BOFF. One of my BOFFS has the targ of grethor, one has the war targ, one the bioengineered dino and one either the tard..igrade(?) or the mars base android. There are plenty more in the game, besides the ones i've listed...

ooohh you have to give both targs to the same boff so they can summon faster.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I don't think I made my point clearly. I was able to equip my Section 31 Rifle on myself and all of my BOFF's. I wanted to know if I could do that with the Elachi Walker as well. I know there are various combat pets in the game, but not all of them are the same caliber. I wanted to know if I could equip the walker on ALL of my BOFF's. Is that possible?

you can't even claim the walker more than once
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    It is actually fairly easy to achieve, at least for weapons - when you claim an item, equip it to the Boff first, reclaim and equip each Boff in turn, and do your actual character last.

For example, I use this to equip new alts and there Boff teams all with 3 part Imperial armor (weapon, shield, armor) all the time. The only (slight) drawback is the time it take to keep relaiming everything.

I have not tried it with pets, but see no reason the same principle should apply - Boffs first, character last.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. That's what I do with the special weapons and, yes, it does work with those. I was wrong about the Horta though. It looks like combat pets are one and done. The game enforces that. I appreciate everyone's input.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    KDF Mastiff definitely works. I have a full away team equipped with them, though that's a mission reward too​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I do love the Mastiff. My main character is Vulcan, though, so I can't use that one.
    If I still used my Klingon captain T'Chang I would equip all my BOFF's with that too.
  • Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    You know what? I found out I can do it with the combat Horta reward from "Mine Enemy". Your'e right. It varies depending on the pet. Thanks for your info.

Combat Horta? I thought that was a non combat vanity pet Horta
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    saelkarsaelkar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 14
    rattler2 wrote: »

Uh... I got two Jackel Mastiffs on my KDF? Could be the one oddball since that one is a mission reward combat pet.

--
    I think from my memory here...at one point there may have either been an inventory/reward glitch or rollback and some of us ended up with a duplicated Jackel Mastiff. I think I ended up with another duplicated pet by accident at one point but don't remember which toon now.

Personally I've never been able to claim the Mastiff more than once as a reward on any toon. However I remember putting each of the the mastiffs on a boff and both boffs were able to activate them, to have two mastiffs on the same ground map active. I would need to track down which toon and re-test it.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    edited February 15

The Horta Hatchling can become a Combat Horta through a special duty officer assignment. You get a blueprint from the Mine Enemy mission to get this Combat Horta which in turn triggers the DOFF task on the second playthrough.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    saelkar wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

--
    I think from my memory here...at one point there may have either been an inventory/reward glitch or rollback and some of us ended up with a duplicated Jackel Mastiff. I think I ended up with another duplicated pet by accident at one point but don't remember which toon now.

Personally I've never been able to claim the Mastiff more than once as a reward on any toon. However I remember putting each of the the mastiffs on a boff and both boffs were able to activate them, to have two mastiffs on the same ground map active. I would need to track down which toon and re-test it.

The mastiff is a episode reward (The rura penthe mission in the first story arc). You can claim as many as you like and equip every BOFF with one and yourself. That's five mastiffs in your away team.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User

it is. the only combat hortas come from the C-Store
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

The Horta Hatchling can become a Combat Horta through a special duty officer assignment. You get a blueprint from the Mine Enemy mission to get this Combat Horta which in turn triggers the DOFF task on the second playthrough.

what blueprint? I've done that mission a lot and never found a blueprint
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator

Horta Mineralogy Research is one of the rewards for the Mission: Mine Enemy and is used in the Duty Officer Assignment: Decrypt Mineralogy Research - Horta Training along with the Horta Hatchling and 100x Duranium to create a Combat Horta.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User

Horta Mineralogy Research is one of the rewards for the Mission: Mine Enemy and is used in the Duty Officer Assignment: Decrypt Mineralogy Research - Horta Training along with the Horta Hatchling and 100x Duranium to create a Combat Horta.

What badd said.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I have played this game since 2011 and I had no idea you could craft a combat horta. The game needs more of these hidden recipes, that's fun!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
This discussion has been closed.