test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

14TH ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
Remember the sacrifice of Wolf 359, and take Starfleet's newest ships into the field with the 14th Anniversary Bundle!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11563513
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    jammers19jammers19 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Think its a hard pass from me. Which is a shame, shoddy communication this time, such a shame.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    This is the first anniversary bundle I'm not going to buy. Some ships look great, but the exclusives don't interest me at all.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    New ships look cool. The Chekov and the Princeton in particular also have some fun stats. Everything else is kinda meh. Maybe if they did something interesting with a different statted Lafayette or gave the Mandukar a visual and stat pass, but as is I'd rather just buy the four ships over time instead of splurging for a pack.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I want the phaser rifle, but if its a pulse or burst ill pass, they dont work properly in game.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Where's the Freedom?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 14
    Tal Shiar Mandukar, seriously.
    It's out of topic, Wolf 359.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Where's the Freedom?!

I have a better question: Why is the T6 version of the Cheyenne going from Heavy Cruiser to Carrier?
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I might get a couple of the ships and that's really it
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
      thorodal wrote: »
      Where's the Freedom?!

I have a better question: Why is the T6 version of the Cheyenne going from Heavy Cruiser to Carrier?

Yeah, the stats look a lot like the Seneca, but the Seneca's probably better since it doesn't have such a weird console setup. Heck the T5U Constellation might be better considering the current state of Sci-Carriers in general.
    • Options
      haplo88haplo88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      So is the Lafayette a remaster or just the same ship I already own?
    • Options
      pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
      This bundle looks really nice for Carriers. Ahwahnee Command Carrier both looks very nice in ship design looks and a really nice layout + trait and console and pets all seem decent or good. Borg Kingdom Interceptor Probe as a bonus extra with a permanently active FaW mean they might be good. (Might) This could be the first pack I buy of this type.
    • Options
      Where's the Freedom?!

No idea but that is what is making me buy the pack so its a good move to me.
    • Options
      husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
      pottsey5g wrote: »
      This bundle looks really nice for Carriers. Ahwahnee Command Carrier both looks very nice in ship design looks and a really nice layout + trait and console and pets all seem decent or good. Borg Kingdom Interceptor Probe as a bonus extra with a permanently active FaW mean they might be good. (Might) This could be the first pack I buy of this type.

It also says they self destruct themselves..... so I mean everything you want in a Frigate pet right ? ?
    • Options
      husanakx wrote: »
      pottsey5g wrote: »

It also says they self destruct themselves..... so I mean everything you want in a Frigate pet right ? ?
      It depends how it functions. If they only activate ramming speed when at low HP which rarely happens on a Frigate it might not be to bad. If the Elite ones get Permanent FaW3 that could be amazing. A lot of unknowns.

I am thinking combined with Scramble Fighters, Hangar Bay Recharge doffs and the pets inbuilt faster bay speed bonus we could get an interesting combo.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      I've been wanting a First Contact Phaser Rifle for a long time.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
      edited February 14
      The new ships look amazing! Props to the people who worked on those! (Looks and stats/gear.) I'm really looking forward to getting those!

The bonus items look cool, too.

However... where's not just the Freedom, but the Melbourne? Not even as a costume? o_o
      And I REALLY hope the gear on the Mandukar was updated to be usable on any ship instead of restricted, at least.
      Also surprised the Constellation is just the T3 version. I forgot that the Constellation is apparently cross compatible with the Cheyenne/Ahwahnee. (Right?)
      Not as upset about the Lafayette inclusion. That seems fine to me, even if it doesn't seem to have anything else special.

I'm... actually unsure about this bundle, which is a first for me.
      Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on
    • Options
      corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
      Freedom is missing from this anti Borg themed bundle. We have all the First Contact ships but we are missing one Wolf 359 ship
    • Options
      sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      edited February 14
      Tal Shiar destroyer will take dust in most if not all ship rosters, no Freedom, no Melbourne, even an added Parliament would be mediocre. I'll pass this time...
    • Options
      fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
      Oh look, more Borg stuff to further trivialise lifers' 'exclusive' playable species.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      monkeyboy#4901 monkeyboy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      The T6 Cheyenne is a mess why take a cruiser line and then make its first T6 a carrier and one Tac Slot really? Also instead of the Freedom Class getting a T6 you add the Lafayette which many people already have this is the most lackluster Anniversary Bundle yet.
    • Options
      fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
      Thank you for reminding me why I've decided to never spend again on this game.

What's the point of getting something 'exclusive' if the next bundle or event release is going to trivialise it anyway?
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • Options
      gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
      Oh look, more Borg stuff to further trivialise lifers' 'exclusive' playable species.

nothing in this bundle takes form the life time sub?

victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    • Options
      inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
      Why is the T6 version of the Cheyenne going from Heavy Cruiser to Carrier?
      If you look at the Constellation skin, there's Eleventy-four hangar bays around the rim of the saucer.
      - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    • Options
      fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
      This bundle is a mess.
      You also killed the Cheyenne ive waited years for.
      The Promo ship is total rubbish.
      Its a clear cut pass.
    • Options
      thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
      edited February 14
      If you look at the Constellation skin, there's Eleventy-four hangar bays around the rim of the saucer.

Doesn't change the fact that until now the entire line-up were considered "heavy cruisers", including the T5 Fleet version. So the sudden change to a science carrier is rather confusing.
    • Options
      solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User

Doesn't change the fact that until now the entire line-up were considered "heavy cruisers", including the T5 Fleet version. So the sudden change to a science carrier is rather confusing.

And annoying. The ship is a beauty, but carriers just don't grab me. I could probably make it work, but it would require a hideously expensive investment in Advanced Science Consoles to compensate for the lack of Tac consoles. This design choice really baffles me.
    • Options
      gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User

but not any other skin for the ship. even the new skin only has a single shuttle bay door from what we have seen of it
      victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    • Options
      ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
      edited February 14
      I was excited to finally see a T6 Cheyenne, until I looked at the stats.

As much as I wanted the Ahwanee since I love the look of the Cheyenne/Dakota line of ships... nope! I am not going to shell out for what is essentially ANOTHER Science Carrier. We have too many of those already. If anything it should have been a Flight Deck Cruiser. Dumbing down the weapons to 3/3 on what is, by definition, a cruiser, is beyond ridiculous. This is not what I would consider a "natural progression" from T5 to T6.

If it were a Flight Deck Cruiser with a better console layout, I would get it. This whole "You will take what we give you and you will like it!" mentality has got to go.
      -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    • Options
      coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
      I am torn on this one. Some ships look very cool, but a T3 ship and a very outdated promo ship that doesn't hold up to current design standards? I think it's going to be the first anni bundle I skip in favour of a couple of ships in it. Sorry devs.
      "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
    • Options
      bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
      I can't afford the bundle this year, but after looking at it I'm not too broken up about it.
      The Hangar pets look interesting, but not worth buying a bundle that's over 13k zen and includes at least one ship I already have.
      I do like the Chekov, and am surprised to be the only one commenting on that versatile seating. I'll probably get it as a single ship, and maybe the Atlantis too.
    This discussion has been closed.