test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wolf 359 inactivity bug?

pommyblokepommybloke Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I just played Wolf 359 (normal) for the event credit for today. The combat chat channel said it took 9:30 minutes.

At the end I received a GameplayAnnouncement something like "You have been penalised for not participating." I recevied nothing for that mission, no rewards, no event credit.

I was always active, and although I'm not an elite player I generally do enough damage, during the red alert events recently I was usually finishing 2 borg mobs in the time it took the rest of the team to do the other two.

I clicked through all the mission information at the start then set off R&D missions while waiting for the start. I didn't skip any videos or anything at all. I started the mission circling the the Cube to the left, then when it progressed to the next stage i went above the cube and was destroying all the assimilation probes and then the 3 spheres.

I don't understand why it could say I wasn't participating when I did all that. I've never had this before. How is this penalty decided on and applied?

Is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 25
    I just completed the battle of wolf 359 TFO and didn't receive any marks. There was no mark choice window pop when the TFO ended, nor when I arrived in Sector Space.

Edit: I just logged in and checked and I now have the AFK leavers penalty for it. Something just got busted somewhere. I finished the TFO and left by clicking the leave tfo button that pops up after every TFO
  • Options
    tnfredtnfred Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i got the same afk penalty.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 25
    Can confirm. I just completed the Wolf 359 TFO in which I participated from start to finish. Once complete I received an afk penalty.

There are at least 3 different threads reporting this bug.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Double Post
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    gabelogan941gabelogan941 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yep same here I do twice time the new TFO and gain AFK penalty again and again
  • Options
    joshpete555#5660 joshpete555 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Yeah after I posted I logged on and asked in chat. Something must have broken. I'm just glad I got my event progress this morning before they took down the server
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Maybe it is checking to see if you picked up any of the escape pods or whatever, though if so it would be the first time a player was required to dabble in every single objective to avoid the penalty. If so, such a thing does not even make sense since the natural thing would be for the team to split up and each concentrate on the aspect that they were best at (though I suppose it is possible that no one at all was rescuing pods or whatever).

It might be a good idea to see of any of the objectives were at zero completion (or close to it) in the summary at the end of the run just in case.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    edited January 25
    The devs are aware of this issue. Thank you.

thread /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    weirdordiewweirdordiew Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can confirm the bug is still active.
    I just did the tfo and received the AFK penalty for my efforts.

Great 30 mins before I can try to do the other one as I still need progress on the event.
  • Options
    Just completed Guillotine and got credit, so it appears only Wolf 359 is bugged.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Glad I did it last night.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Disappointing to see no mention of this bug in today's patch notes. It's not even listed as a known issue.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Disappointing to see no mention of this bug in today's patch notes. It's not even listed as a known issue.
    It may not have been mentioned, but it does appear to have been fixed.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    admiralfierce#8058 admiralfierce Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It is not fixed. It just happened to me 2/1/24.