Comments

• Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 29
    Bug is still present.
    Today got the bug with only 2 locations listed
    New Romulus (Space)
    Deep Space Nine (Space)

If you can, check again in an hour. Locations should change and, if we are lucky, there will be 3 and the mission can be completed.

(If we are REALLY lucky, maybe this will even make it on to the known issues list this week! Dare to dream.)

Edit: Confirmed the set at 11am Eastern has 3 locations for KDF. Pick it up before the next change and you can complete the mission.
    Post edited by tagen on
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 29
    here is my bug report answer.

(Private correspondence removed. - BMR)
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    thread /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fihillfihill Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    still happening, now you only get 2 places out of the three no matter what it seems....
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Still happening. Got Ganalda and Vlugata, missing the third point so can't complete. This needs to be fixed. I swear it happens every other year, alternating between KDF and Fed isde
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Still happening. Got Ganalda and Vlugata, missing the third point so can't complete. This needs to be fixed. I swear it happens every other year, alternating between KDF and Fed isde

I remember one year it gave us a location we could not access on the KDF side, but I can't think of one like this where it did not give a third location at all.

And then there was the one glorious bug where it gave all locations and we only had to choose three. Improved the event quite a bit. THAT bug was sure fixed fast. :D
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Have experienced this twice on my KDF-aligned alts. Do hope a fix is coming soon.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    edited February 1
    (Flaming, demanding, ranting comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Still broken as of this morning.

And I still *think*, not *demand* that it should at the very least be acknowledged and added to the known issues list.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,030 Arc User
    Anyone remember just a few years back, this mission used to give four locations to scan, so you had some choice.
    Only three were needed to complete the mission, but it would sure be nice to have four options again. Thus, if one was 'broken' in some way, it wouldn't matter as much.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Anyone remember just a few years back, this mission used to give four locations to scan, so you had some choice.
    Only three were needed to complete the mission, but it would sure be nice to have four options again. Thus, if one was 'broken' in some way, it wouldn't matter as much.

I don't remember it ever giving me 4, but there was one anniversary a few years back that it "broke" and gave many (all?) locations and finished after completing any 3. That bug was "fixed".
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Yep, it's still broken. I only get Ganalda and Bajor, no third location. Unable to complete with a KDF character. :(
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Just New Romulus (Space) and Deep Space Nine (Ground) this morning.

Edit: Just changed to Ganalda, Drozana (Ground), and Bajor. Get it while you can before it changes and gives only 2 again.
    Post edited by tagen on
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Just checking in with the event nearing its final week. This is still broken, still unacknowledged in the known issues.
  • Options
    pommyblokepommybloke Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just had this bug. Anyone found a work around?
  • Options
    pommybloke wrote: »

You just have to wait until the locations change and see if the next set has 3.

It will be a disgrace if we get to the end of the event with this completely unaddressed.
  • Options
    And nothing in today's known issues either. At this point it is almost certain this is not even going to be mentioned once during the whole anniversary.
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    And nothing in today's known issues either. At this point it is almost certain this is not even going to be mentioned once during the whole anniversary.

Well if we still have Omega Molecule Stabilization daily next year they really need to fix it and also either fix the spawn points in starfleet academy/DS9 Ground/Kling First City or remove those 3 from the Omega Molecule Stabilization daily, as its a pian in the butt when you get those 3 esp DS9
  • Options
    edited February 16
    wodenaz wrote: »

Well if we still have Omega Molecule Stabilization daily next year they really need to fix it and also either fix the spawn points in starfleet academy/DS9 Ground/Kling First City or remove those 3 from the Omega Molecule Stabilization daily, as its a pian in the butt when you get those 3 esp DS9

There are definitely some "bad" spawn points that need to be fixed, but worst case on those I have to wait a couple minutes for them to move if I can't find one. (DS9 is a separate issue entirely...there you can't scan for the particles as there are too many other things the scanner points to instead.)

With the whole mission breaking, you can only come back in 4 hours and hope to get 3 locations.

Also, yep, no mention in today's patch either.
  • Options
    nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 17
    pommybloke wrote: »

You just have to wait until the locations change and see if the next set has 3.

It will be a disgrace if we get to the end of the event with this completely unaddressed.

Tried that. Waited a few hours. Same. Dropped it. Tried again. Same. You dont get three spots, just two.

(Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thought I gave it another go, guess not. It's still bugged.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    geering wrote: »
    Thought I gave it another go, guess not. It's still bugged.

The possible pattern I have noticed is that the mission given on PC between 11am and 3pm Eastern (it is 11:20am Eastern at the time of this response) has 3 locations. So if you really want to complete the mission on KDF, now is the time to grab it.
    (3pm to 7pm might also be ok, but it breaks again for me with the 7pm set)
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Nah. Time hour has nothing to do with it. I completed it one hour ago, i was lucky to get three spots. But its the first time among about ten tries between today and yersterday. (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Looks to be the times when the Feds get Drozana ground, from memory KDF characters get Drozana Space. I don't think I have seen that one at all this year. Also no one is/was scanning there where normally it would be fairly busy.
    I remember this but that is going back quite a period and allowed for some flexibility in routing. Could go for the quickest route rather than having to figure out how to do the given areas in the quickest time possible.
    The pessemist in me would suspect not. As mentioned above by yourself and others there are inaccessible spawn locations, mostly affecting KDF but not exclusively. There used to be that a Defera location would run, complete but not credit the completion not been able to test this year as that location is tied to the Drozana issue seen this year.
  • Options
    gaynomolygaynomoly Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    February 17th 2024 It is STILL not working right. Sad I will miss out. :s
  • Options
    Whilst I've not experienced this bug outright, in the past few days I've noticed that accepting the mission shows two destinations initially and the thirds appears after 30 seconds or so.
    It could be related...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    edited February 18
    Whilst I've not experienced this bug outright, in the past few days I've noticed that accepting the mission shows two destinations initially and the thirds appears after 30 seconds or so.
    It could be related...

I thought that, too, so sat there waiting on the KDF mission to pop in the 3rd location...it never does. I've let it sit 10 minutes while I went and did other things.

This does not mean it isn't related to whatever causes the delay, though. (Maybe it times out or something? I have no idea how it all works behind the scenes.) But when the delay happens on either side, it never takes as long as 30 seconds for me. I don't think it even reached the 10 second mark. It is a noticeable delay, just not as long as all that in my experience.

As for not experiencing the bug, I'm not sure if you have just been really lucky with timing or what, but it is 100% replicable when it is happening. Right now the locations are "good", so it won't break again for at least 3 hours and more likely 7 (the 3pm Eastern set has been good when I've checked, the 7pm hasn't been).
  • Options
    ...so it won't break again for at least 3 hours...
    I wish they'd increase the frequency that things change as I play at usually the same time each day, almost always getting the same three locations. Well, depending on whether I log in as KDF or Starfleet.
    Something that doesn't factor into 24 would be ideal as this would force the location changes to be out-of-sync from one day to the next. This means you're almost guaranteed a completely different set of destinations each day.
    A 100-minute cycle instead of the current 180-minute cycle would definitely work for that.
  • Options
    geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I appreciate the input from all of you but I prefer to play the game when I have time and not when the game thinks it's okay to cooperate. It's also nice to see a fairly quick response from their customer support acknowledging the problem and stating the developers are looking into it.

But no mention of it in the patch notes or a fix before the end of the event I find rather disappointing as a customer. Especially because it's the second time the character got part of an event bugged out.