What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scorpions abyss

13»

Comments

• Options
    titanhoss#9356 titanhoss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Seems there's a serious spawning bug in that mission.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    And I earned command of the Cerberus as an ENSIGN! (ORIGINAL tutorial when I started 12 years ago or so)
    ^^^
    Now..had you done that 15 years ago (in wave 1 Closed STO Beta - like me)... ;)

Did you ever see Capt Gilligan and the USS Minnow out there?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    thread /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    britcanuck#5122 britcanuck Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Seems there's a serious spawning bug in that mission.

Agreed. I'm on PC, and from what I can tell, each time you have to respawn when trying to disable the third and final beam emitter near the end, the game auto-spawns a bunch of new enemy ships in addition to those already there. That last segment of the mission quickly becomes uncompletable. [picard] Suggestions? [/picard]
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited January 29
    For those who have not done so, on the ground map access all the low level access points for the story of ISS Voyager vs Mirror Borg
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    whaa??
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    questerius wrote: »
    For those who have not done so, on the ground map access all the low level access points for the story of ISS Voyager vs Mirror Borg

There's more than one? I only know of the one right at the beginning.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    They are a bit of the beaten path, but there are either five or six.
    Last one i sequentially encountered mentioned a negotiation between the mirror Borg and some old friends (hopefully no spoilers there).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    khaless2khaless2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Has anyone noticed it lags in the gameplay
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    khaless2 wrote: »
    Apparently the PC servers were in the process of crashing. There's a thread up in the Announcements section of this subforum about it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    khaless2 wrote: »

If you are referring to any lag you experienced this morning before the server hampsters died... please direct any further comments to this thread.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1272826/pc-server-down
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I probably won't be playing it again though, because I dislike the specific part
    where we're assimilated.

I just didn't find it very believable. Like someone else has already pointed out: why are my officers, people who have at this time served with me for years and been through countless conflicts and fights, suddenly act so incompetent? And where's my vascular regenerator? Or nanite health monitor? You know, the stuff my captain has been using while fighting all those Borg in all those different instances over the years?

Starfleet has had countermeasures to assimilation since the beginning of the game - but here only Dax has it, for some reason.

I just want to point out that even the best officers can get surprised or caught off guard while working on something that requires more attention. NO ONE is infallible.

Especially when they behave like idiots.
    It is not that we were taken by surprise.
    It is that my team wandered off alone in dangerous territory for no reason.
    They did not need to go here, there, and everywhere while I was working on something else. There was no purpose.
    Sure, soldiers may be taken by surprised and overwhelmed, but that is not what happened here.
    We are five soldiers in a proverbial foxhole with enemies all around, and suddenly the other four soldiers all decide to stretch their legs and go for a walk.

That is not being "surprised" or "caught off guard". It is being stupid.

An overwhelming force of borg appearing and then assimilating us? Okay, if they must then they must, and being assimilated gives them an excuse for including "borg parts" for everyone. That would be a suprpise.

The crew in a supposed safe area, like being on our own ship and then being taken out by an enemy? That would be getting caught off guard.

But dropping our guard and walking off alone on a Borg ship? That is asking for trouble and we should all know better.
    For our away team to do that and our Captain allow it questions the competency of all involved.
This discussion has been closed.