test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Elite Command Kodai Fighters have a design flaw which is effectively a double nerf

pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
edited December 2023 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The new Elite fighters don’t make a lot of sense to me with the design. They lose 8% raw DPS to gain an ability that once every 40 ish seconds they gain a Torpedo Spread 1 from Command Auras. The problem is the Elite Fighters have an inbuilt Rank 3 firing mode that is replaced by a lower damage Rank 1 firing mode.

It looks like we are giving up a Torpedo Spread 3 to gain a Torpedo Spread 1 on top of losing 8% raw damage.

The idea behind Command and Temporal abilities for the new pets is a great idea but the way it’s been implanted doesn’t really work, doesn’t open any new game paths or benefit the player in any way. In fact it hurts the player as the Command Kodai Fighters are a double downgrade over Kodai Fighters.

Why would anyone want to lose 8% base damage and give up torpedo spread 3 to gain torpedo spread 1? Unless I am missing something I don't understanding the reasoning behind the design.

This next bit is technically not a bug. I have given up trying to make use of Entropy and Temporal Fighters. Love the idea of the Temporal Fighters and the way they apply Entropy. But once Entropy is applied I am not able to do anything effective or useful even with the new Temporal Replication which sounded great but has been very disappointing in function. The wording is misleading as it doesn't work on commander powers like it says. I trigger RSP3 and nothing happens. None of the Commander powers I use work with the new Temporal Replication trait.

EDIT: Further update:

Elite Command Kodai pets only have HY1 and TS1. The UI says different but I am not seeing any HY3 or TS3 in the combat log or on screen.

As a Engineer Carrier I am finding "Temporal Replication" trait near impossible to use. Very little seems to count not even Commander powers like Boarding party.
Post edited by pottsey5g on

Comments

• Options
    Update: the text is unclear. On rereading the Temporal Replication trait the top bit says use a "command ability" but the bottom bit says 20% per entropy on targeted foe. That could do with a slight reword as the top section make it sound like if you target an NPC with entropy and trigger a commander ability the trait triggers but that is not how it works.
  • Options
    Further update:

Elite Command Kodai pets only have HY1 and TS1. The UI says different but I am not seeing any HY3 or TS3 in the combat log or on screen.

As a Engineer Carrier I am finding "Temporal Replication" trait near impossible to use. Very little seems to count not even Commander powers like Boarding party.
  • Options
    Just found another bug.

PS5.

Temporal Replication :

"When your Bridge Officer uses a Shield Drain Ability, your ship has a 33% chance to trigger a Rank 1 Gravimetric Conversion, Rapid Decay and/or Timeline Collapse Temp Ops Ability automatically.

This has an internal Cooldown of 20 seconds"

That is different from what the blog says and what the traits says on the PC version.

• Options
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/912277317609484318/1100380628647694376/image.png
    Screenshot of the combat log showing the double nerf with the loss of HY3, TS3 and raw 8% DPS drop.
  • Options
    Any new on when these bugs are being fixed?
  • Options
    Any news on these bugs? Elite Command Kodai are still broken. Elite Kodai work but the Elite Command Kodai version is broken.

I am also still struggling with "Temporal Replication which sounded great but has been very disappointing in function. The wording is misleading as it doesn't work on commander powers like it says. I trigger RSP3 and nothing happens. None of the Commander powers I use work with the new Temporal Replication trait." tried almost all my Engineer Commander powers none of them are working.

As I said before the idea behind the new Command pets and Temporal pets is really, really good. But the implantation is poor as they do not work. How can we fairly judge the pets when they are in this broken state. My worry is no one is using them as they are broken so this great idea is going to be abandoned due to lack of player use not because the idea is bad but because the pets have never been fixed.
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Unfortunately you are unlikely to get a response here from devs, as they don't have the time to respond to every bug report that gets posted here. We are told however that they do read the bug posts and take notes, the more information you supply the more notes they take. What they then do with these notes is up for speculation, but some whispers indicate that eventually the bugs are fixed if they can replicate them and figure out how to fix them, but that could be rumor and hearsay.
  • Options
    Elite Command Kodai pets are still broken. TS3 and HY3 doesn't work and even if it did they would still suffer from a double nerf as they lose 8% raw DPS to gain TS1 Command trigger which overrides TS3. They really need a redesign. Why would we want to lose 8% DPS so that we can replace TS3 with TS1 via Command Inspiration?
  • Options
    Is there any update on when Elite Command Kodai or Temporal Scorpions are going to be looked at and made useful as well as the bugs being fixed?
  • Options
    Any updates on these? They cost a lot of real life money and in game resources to get and are still broken 8 months later.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Did you report it via the bug report tool or did you just post it in the forums? As I understand it, the forums don't work that well to report bugs. You have to use the in-game tool for that.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jono11#2973 jono11 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Did you report it via the bug report tool or did you just post it in the forums? As I understand it, the forums don't work that well to report bugs. You have to use the in-game tool for that.​​
    The reliable response you get from a support ticket is that you should post it here.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The in game bug report tool was removed years ago. I tried Report a Item problem in game but apparently that's not for bug reports and was told to bug report in the forum.
  • Options
    wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Also reporting Command Kodai Squadrons don't seem to ever use HY3 or TS3 which makes buying advanced/elite versions somewhat useless.