test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Installation 18 progression issue.

T'Kiera@LazyBunnyKiera
KDF 18
Mission: Installation 18
Phase: Out of Sight (which is ironic considering the issue.)

I'm near the end where it says "(Out of Sight) Trap Elachi Beta in a Stasis Field." But I'm locked out of the room. Prior to that, an enemy had run out of the room so I went into the hallway to kill the enemy, and the door closed and sealed behind me locking me out of the room. Beaming out and going back in does not fix the issue.

Recommended fix, unlock the door throughout the final phases inside. Should be an easy fix.

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    That sounds like the old bug that happens if you let any of the alarms ring for too long. For some reason they never fixed it, but it can be prevented by killing the alarms as quickly as possible.

At the very least there should be a kludge such as some dialog about silencing the alarms before the enemy decides to lock all the doors, but the dialog was often a bit clunky back then and the devs don't seem to want to fix old missions nowadays.
  • Options
    That sounds like the old bug that happens if you let any of the alarms ring for too long. For some reason they never fixed it, but it can be prevented by killing the alarms as quickly as possible.

At the very least there should be a kludge such as some dialog about silencing the alarms before the enemy decides to lock all the doors, but the dialog was often a bit clunky back then and the devs don't seem to want to fix old missions nowadays.

Naw, not an alarm issue, I got all the alarms instantly. Done the mission dozens of times throughout the years. But this is the first time where the last enemy ran into the hallway.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    What that Boss Fight starts, the lab doors lock and you cannot open them until the fight is over.
    The problem is that the doors will open for the NPC enemies and you can then get through but not back.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    What that Boss Fight starts, the lab doors lock and you cannot open them until the fight is over.
    The problem is that the doors will open for the NPC enemies and you can then get through but not back.

That would make sense. An NPC ran into the hallway and I killed the npc right outside the door, and then the doors closed behind me. The NPC was already in the room and tried to run out, it didn't come from the hallway that I could tell. At least there were no active alarms or NPCs out there when I entered the room.

My recommended fix is to just.. keep the door unlocked. Would probably take someone an hour or two to fix. So it's a pretty low priority bug, but it's one that should probably get fixed eventually.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    This has happened to me before. There is a work around without starting the mission over. If you are an engineer or have an engineer boff, equip a mortar, plant it in front of the door and then wait for it to take out the boss. Mortars are great work arounds for the many missions where an enemy falls through the floor, wall, etc.