test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shrike coming to Promo Box of your choice !!!

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    As expected per ship and box, but the portal mechanics on the console are pretty incredible. It's an easy target for next year's event campaign for me, and here's hoping they find other uses for the tech on display. Ex. enemy faction with a lesser variant of the portals, or at the very least on-map portals for TFOs/Patrols/Episodes.

(For those that missed the stream, the consoles portal acts similar to a portal from the Portal games, but in STO space combat. Activating the console creates a wide portal in front of you and to a right angle, near and facing your target. Fly through it, shoot through it, lot of work went into it. It can activate from up to 15km out, so you can use it to create a sudden ambush, shooting through the portal, or a shortcut to target by simply moving through it. At close ranges, this can be used to immediately get a target into your firing arcs. Hangar pets, targetable torpedoes, and NPC's will also make use of the portals.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,269 Arc User
    I have to agree that it would nice if they found uses for tech used on the portals in missions/patrols/TFOs it seems like it's something that's waste to be limited just this one ship.
  • Options
    My only disappointment about this ship is that yet again it is a Promobox Ship... Cryptic keeps disappointing that way unfortunately.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    As expected per ship and box, but the portal mechanics on the console are pretty incredible. It's an easy target for next year's event campaign for me, and here's hoping they find other uses for the tech on display. Ex. enemy faction with a lesser variant of the portals, or at the very least on-map portals for TFOs/Patrols/Episodes.

They ought to update the Iconian missions with the portal tech.
  • Options
    astralstorm#3516 astralstorm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Well at least Cryptic saved me a ton of money!!.

I have been waiting for this ship to be announced all year and was preparing to spend a ton of money on R&D Boxes because I really liked the look of it and I wanted it sooo badly until I found out it was an Intel ship (again!) with poor seating.

Like we don't have enough Intel ships already. However, I shouldn't have been surprised given the devs/ship designers bias towards Intel ships. I mean look at the Paradox Temporal Dreadnought which is, errm, "Temporal" in name only as, surprise, surprise, its an Intel ship. Yes that makes a lot of sense. IMHO I would have thought the Shrike should have been a Miracle Worker ship because of how its weaponry is cobbled together from stolen tech. The seating on it is also bad for a ship that does a lot of science-y stuff. The lieutenant Science BOFF Station should have been a Lt. Universal to give the flexibility of using the Lt. Commander Universal for a Science Boff if you want to throw out a gravity well and still have an effective secondary Tac Boff in the Lt. Universal. An Ensign Universal slot is just a complete waste of time. All-in-all somewhat of a let down although I'm sure Intel lovers will be over-the-moon.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,538 Arc User
    It looks like a nice ship both visually and mechanics-wise, and intel does fit the operational style of the ship in the show. Miracle worker does not fit the show style as well since they made it so clear in the show that it was all stolen tech rather than the crew's own innovations.

The crew are good technicians and operations people able to quickly work out how to integrate use new tech, not the kind of inventive scientists and engineers who develop new tech out of whatever is at hand (which is why the heroes could turn the tables on them when the Shrike's people had the upper hand).

Unfortunately, with it being a promo pack ship the odds of actually getting it before next year's event campaign ends are about nil.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    I'd love to get one on my KDF, since my main Fed already has the World Razer. But next year's event campaign already has a goal set.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd love to get one on my KDF, since my main Fed already has the World Razer. But next year's event campaign already has a goal set.

I got one for my KDF, its a a really fun ship. Though I think my set up is a bit unique for it. It only cost me 15k zen in boxes which did nothing for me and 1.85 billion EC so I could buy it after I had no luck with the boxes. I hate gamble boxes but what we all do to get the ship we want...

Here is what I put in it, still working on the upgrades though. The setup is Polaron.
    zhadumjug.png

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    Yeeeaaa... I generally only have about 200 mil ECs on average... And my luck stinks.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yeeeaaa... I generally only have about 200 mil ECs on average... And my luck stinks.
    I had about 20k lobi so I sold lobi ships, should have done that from the beginning lol.

• Options
    I wish I had that much Lobi. lol
    I only have 100
This discussion has been closed.