test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Cannons or Turrets in TOS 23c Earth Spacedock?

roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
So I take it they don't sell the TOS variants of the phaser cannons and turrets at the TOS 23c Earth Spacedock?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    No, but there is a chance for them to drop in the mission "The Core of the Matter" from the Yesterday's War arc.
    In fact the ground part has a chance for 23c ground weapons then when you go to orbit there is a chance for space weapons. If you ignore sending the signal to the Doomsday machine you can fight the romulan ships as long as you have the patience. I've gotten 23c phasers, disruptors, plasma torps you name it.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    baucoin wrote: »
    No, but there is a chance for them to drop in the mission "The Core of the Matter" from the Yesterday's War arc.
    In fact the ground part has a chance for 23c ground weapons then when you go to orbit there is a chance for space weapons. If you ignore sending the signal to the Doomsday machine you can fight the romulan ships as long as you have the patience. I've gotten 23c phasers, disruptors, plasma torps you name it.

Yeah, I had a feeling this was the best way to get them. I've done many rounds on this mission for these types of weapons before.

Just 10 minutes ago, I was able to score a Mk XII (TOS) Plasma Dual Heavy Cannon (rare), but I still didn't get a (TOS) Phaser Turret. Perhaps I'll have better luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think you can also get TOS style space weapons from the K-13 Fleet Holding.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    You can also check the exchange. Many times people post the 23c versions on phaser cannons and turret there. Might have a increased cost however.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yes K-13 has 23c phaser cannons and turrets, but they also have the fleet credit and dilithium cost to factor in.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited October 2023

Yes K-13 has 23c phaser cannons and turrets, but they also have the fleet credit and dilithium cost to factor in.

As long as you have a halfway decent fleet the K-13 price is far more affordable than the exchange, assuming that any are available there at all since the devs took steps to isolate the "purple" tutorials from the modern-era red/blue factional setting by closing off things like the account bank.

Even before that the TOS turrets and any TOS canon better than a single used to go for a million or more shortly before the change so even if they were still on the market, they would be more expensive than the fleet version.

Right now the only blue beam phasers on the exchange are the covert and the 32c beams, along with some pulse type blues like some of the linked phasers from DSC. Other blue-beam phasers might be available from time to time there, and it is always a good idea to check frequently for things you are interested in buying since there is a lot of turnover, but those I mentioned above seem to be the ones that are there most often.

Another thing to remember is that TOS used all three primary colors for phasers, and red was actually used a little more often than blue (though the most popular publicity shot showed blue as did many of the novel covers which is probably why blue became the default in TOS-R and other modern spinoffs). Green was used only once and was only shown at ground level when Enterprise stunned a few blocks of people in A Piece of the Action, but it was used.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Yeah, I should have added the disclaimer that I'm trying to avoid getting the fleet versions (as I simply don't have the resources for those at this point in time).
    You can also check the exchange. Many times people post the 23c versions on phaser cannons and turret there. Might have a increased cost however.

For the past 9 months I've been checking the exchange, I never see any of the regular TOS phaser cannons/turrets.
  • Options
    For the past 9 months I've been checking the exchange, I never see any of the regular TOS phaser cannons/turrets.

The only difference between them and 25th Century phasers is the icon in an Exchange listing. The Drop Rate is also probably a bit on the low side.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User

The only difference between them and 25th Century phasers is the icon in an Exchange listing. The Drop Rate is also probably a bit on the low side.

So they don't look like a white blurry torp effect TOS used for bolts the few times the ships used them?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User

As long as you have a halfway decent fleet the K-13 price is far more affordable than the exchange, assuming that any are available there at all since the devs took steps to isolate the "purple" tutorials from the modern-era red/blue factional setting by closing off things like the account bank.

Even before that the TOS turrets and any TOS canon better than a single used to go for a million or more shortly before the change so even if they were still on the market, they would be more expensive than the fleet version.

Right now the only blue beam phasers on the exchange are the covert and the 32c beams, along with some pulse type blues like some of the linked phasers from DSC. Other blue-beam phasers might be available from time to time there, and it is always a good idea to check frequently for things you are interested in buying since there is a lot of turnover, but those I mentioned above seem to be the ones that are there most often.

Another thing to remember is that TOS used all three primary colors for phasers, and red was actually used a little more often than blue (though the most popular publicity shot showed blue as did many of the novel covers which is probably why blue became the default in TOS-R and other modern spinoffs). Green was used only once and was only shown at ground level when Enterprise stunned a few blocks of people in A Piece of the Action, but it was used.
    Strange New Worlds seems to use red for the Big E, I dunno about what color they use for other UFP ships as I've seen only 1 episode in full (the Paramount UK Youtube channel had the season 2 episode 1 for free).
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    So they don't look like a white blurry torp effect TOS used for bolts the few times the ships used them?

I was talking about the icon used to represent the item for equipping purposes, not the VFX of the item. The name of those items are the same as normal 25th Century versions, but the icon shows more of a smoother variant of the weapon with blue rather than orange.
    If you're looking for TOS type items on the Exchange, they're not going to be labled TOS or anything to differentiate them for the most part other than the visual icon of the item.

TOS Era missions have a chance to drop TOS versions of Phasers, Disruptors, and even Plasma. DSC Era missions have a chance to drop DSC Era phasers and Disruptors.
    However if you are trying to find them on the exchange... you have to look at more than the name alone to know what it is.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    True, and yesterday the only ones with blue emitters were the Covert, 32c. and link types. That may not be true today though, the market stock can change rather rapidly.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User

They actually look like like blue blobs for TOS Phaser Cannons. Normal phaser cannon shaped blobs, just in blue. If you want some to quickly see if you want that, the last mission of the TOS Toon arc can be replayed for a Dual Cannon in them, and some may have dumped theirs on the Exchange. At level cap they give out "Phaser Dual Cannons Mk XI [Acc][CrtH]" I think Mk IV same mods for first time through at an average level. Just look for the blue icons

You might try the easier to get Discovery type, as I think they're closer to what you seem to be wanting shape wise, paler blue color. Those you can stock up on if you roll a Disco toon, otherwise, same deal with just looking for the different icons on the Exchange, or you can go the more expensive route with the lockbox variant -Linked versions.
    True, and yesterday the only ones with blue emitters were the Covert, 32c. and link types. That may not be true today though, the market stock can change rather rapidly.

Covert Phaser, despite the icons for it, are actually red.
  • Options

hk56ceyg9t37.pngxa6mnxj5a76r.png
    m2ohtjeha7px.png5ucwpnloqvqi.png
    dtp9fx95mkea.png2ajzoz50bnxg.png
    n4ffcc9g7pfr.pngtkipohuew7ce.png

These images are what @rattler2 was referring to; the inventory icons.

• Options
    Yes. That is what I am referring to.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Have you thought about trying Disco cannons instead? The cannons are only slightly different visually with the 23c version being brighter. Now there is a notable difference in the sound of the weapons. Here are some screenshots.

23c Dual cannons
    1dcwvac2pklm.jpg

23c Dual heavy cannons
    ojtux5t48r2c.jpg

23c Turret
    wb35d36rnhuc.jpg

Disco dual cannons
    pkswmei6p48y.jpg

Disco dual heavy cannons
    jedh3fb6l7pg.jpg

Disco turret
    7o5f2xzubdri.jpg

Just showing you some options for cannons, because we all know the Disco beam banks look more like cannons themselves. And Disco era weapons are easier to get off the exchange.
  • Options
    Just showing you some options for cannons, because we all know the Disco beam banks look more like cannons themselves. And Disco era weapons are easier to get off the exchange.

There's also two flavors as well. Blue Fed and Red Terran. I actually used the red Terran version on my TMP Themed Character for a while before getting a set of Obliviating Phasers since there was no way I could get a set of Pulse Phasers at the time.
    But then we get into the fun part of that there's THREE versions of each of those Linked Phasers for both Fed and Terran variants.
    Still... they are good weapons.
  • Options
    Have you thought about trying Disco cannons instead? The cannons are only slightly different visually with the 23c version being brighter. Now there is a notable difference in the sound of the weapons. Here are some screenshots.

23c Dual cannons
    1dcwvac2pklm.jpg

23c Dual heavy cannons
    ojtux5t48r2c.jpg

23c Turret
    wb35d36rnhuc.jpg

Disco dual cannons
    pkswmei6p48y.jpg

Disco dual heavy cannons
    jedh3fb6l7pg.jpg

Disco turret
    7o5f2xzubdri.jpg

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm trying to stick to a TOS theme.
This discussion has been closed.