test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Hearts and Minds for Friday the 13th?

wylan#9758 wylan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
The Halloween event started yesterday and coincidentally it is Friday the 13th today. I'm sure I'm not alone waiting since January for the return of Hearts and Minds. (It was available during the weekend of January 13.) Personally I have 3 new characters made since February that would benefit from having the Dr Sibak clone DOFF, and of course the zombie dance emote. Since it is a character unlock, it is hard to make a collection of emotes on new characters without having the mission that would unlock them. Is there any official news about whether the mission will be available now, or was it just forgotten among all the other things that were activated in this week's patch?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    apparently not.. ::: Toe tapping :::
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    My intel says they will turn it on. Don't forget that Cryptic is on the west coast so... probably around 10 AM Pacific or so
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    I actually asked about this yesterday in preparation for today, and I was assured that they were turning it on today.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    I was relieved to see it on when I logged in (just 20 minutes ago). I just wish Hearts and Minds would be available for the whole duration of the Halloween event (like it was last year).
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Wish that the devs would update that mission or at least the rewards.
    Instead of the melee weapon with awkward animations and a doff with limited use i would rather see that the doff was unique and once acquired the box would grant a random doff instead.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    Personally, I like having more than one Dr. Sybok, with one on ground duty and one available for doff assignments.

The Psi Lirpa, like all other lirpas in the game, really is useless though unless they get around to fixing melee weapon combat to include a proper lock-on autocloser (or at least in the case of the Psi Lurpa a ranged function based on its psi function, similar to the sniper-disrupter/polearm from that mission in the Klingon civil war stuff).
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I'd like them to make him Very Rare. All of my main characters only have Very Rare or better DOFFs, so there's no place in my roster for him (admittedly this says more about my DOFF OCD than it does about Cryptic's design choices).

-K
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,007 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Instead of the ... doff with limited use i would rather see that the doff was unique and once acquired the box would grant a random doff instead.
    Ah, but that's the whole funny point of the reward - we get
    a clone, and subsequent replays grant us another clone, just as we encounter in the mission.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    I like to send him on Routine Turbolift Maintenance. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Just got my latest character his Zombie dance emote. And it occurred to me that the Dr. Sybak shrine/statue the clones built would be a cool thing to have for my ship interior. Well, those ships that have an interior. Many don't have anything more than a bridge. But ships used to have an interior with multiple (partial) decks and you could mount some trophies in one area. A Dr. Sybak BOFF might be a good thing to have someday, too.
This discussion has been closed.