test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dil rewards changed?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
Ive noticed that a few missions/daily are giving out a lot less dil as part of the rewards

A bunch of the missions on New Rom are only giving out 36 dil, does anyone know anything about this?
I haven't checked any other missions/daily dil rewards.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    When they combined the New Romulus missions involving the Mountain Base, Overgrown Caves and the Underground Ruins they cut the marks and dilithium rewards to 1/20th of what they were. Not really worth the time and effort to replay in my opinion for 1 Romulan Mark and 36 dilithium.
  • Options
    p331 wrote: »
    When they combined the New Romulus missions involving the Mountain Base, Overgrown Caves and the Underground Ruins they cut the marks and dilithium rewards to 1/20th of what they were. Not really worth the time and effort to replay in my opinion for 1 Romulan Mark and 36 dilithium.

So its not a bug, they actually intend to do this? FAIL

New Rom was one of my best dil grind locations, was less annoying than others.

• Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »

Nimbus is still good and even better on Bonus Dil weekends

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User

Thank you for letting the development team know.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Thank you for letting the development team know.

:D:D:D

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    I have been finding that dil grinding has become more difficult over the years.
    I still have some sources to use, but im not getting the same amount I used to be able to, it makes these areas become more and more useless.

the only reason I would go to new rom was for the dil, now I might never go there again
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    I was not amused when i found out that the dilithium reward for playing the latest featured episode was removed.

Well either removed or there is a bug in which the new missions no longer give us a small sum of dilithium.
    Pick your poison for that one.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    yep
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

so you were good with the exchange being 500/1 and about 4 months to process? the only viable way of fixing the exchange was to throttle the flow of dil into the economy
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I say farming bots are still the cause for the dil reaching max.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I've also noticed the rep items rewards have been reduced from 10 to 5 when reaching tier 5, I still had a few toons with some reps unfinished and when I finished one I noticed the change, really sucks since you will have to grind more to get those items instead of being able to at least buy a few rep items upon t5 completion.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    It was always 5 elite tokens for every rep that had them except Omega - and Omega is only 10 because D'Vak is a cheapskate and only gives you 9k dil instead of the 50k all the others give you.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    It was always 5 elite tokens for every rep that had them except Omega - and Omega is only 10 because D'Vak is a cheapskate and only gives you 9k dil instead of the 50k all the others give you.​​

Yep, the idea was always to let you buy 1 gear item and make you grind for the rest.

Dil is easy to pile up with admiralty, contraband, random TFOs. If that doesn't get your 8K there's always hourly rep boxes using the excess marks from those TFOs.

Admiralty tip: buy all the shuttles that sell for credits. Use them as infinite-use pass tokens, or as 20/20/20 ships (the +10 ones) or as cooldown boosters (the 25% reduction ones).
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    ...instead of the 50k all the others give you.​​
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Admiralty tip: buy all the shuttles that sell for credits. Use them as infinite-use pass tokens, or as 20/20/20 ships (the +10 ones) or as cooldown boosters (the 25% reduction ones).
    And for more inexpensive low level ship cards some of the Tier 1-3 ships from the ship and shuttle requisitions officer go for a few hundred or a few thousand dilithium. Particularly during the sale that's on right now. Not to mention any T5 mirror ships that might be going cheap on the Exchange. All help to flesh out that Admiralty roster.

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    dumb off topic question.. i never looked is there a limit on ships like Doffs?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

Not that I've noticed. I have a Ship Roster of 181 ships and small craft.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    baucoin wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed. I have a Ship Roster of 181 ships and small craft.
    Never counted them before but I currently have 205 Admiralty cards - no doubt we're both way past the point of having to think about which ships to slot or waiting for a ship to come off maintenance. Any combination that'll 100% the mission will do, even if it's overkill. The only limiting factors now are how many mission slots are available and how much time you're willing to spend doing it.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator

According to the original Dev Blog, the Admiralty ship roster is limitless.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9572303-star-trek-online:-admiralty-system
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I dont have a big issue with the dil being changed by a small amount, example 480 turns to 420 (just example) but dropping it to 36 I think is a little on the extreme side when so much costs so much dil in general.

dont punish the players because other users have bots, punish the bot users.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

so you were good with the exchange being 500/1 and about 4 months to process? the only viable way of fixing the exchange was to throttle the flow of dil into the economy

OR actually creating Dilithium Sinks in game that are WORTH IT for a majority of the Playerbase. The STO Devs had a habit of just coming up with Dil Sinks that few would actually find worth it and then conclude that more Dil Sinks won't solve the problem.

But no - they go with the tried and true Cryptic response of effectively punishing the Players and then wonder why the changed content is suddenly not being used like it was previously - and then use that as an excuse to often claim "STO has too much coontent" <--- Which IS a claim STO developer Al Rivera has made in the past.

They've found ONE that works as long as they apply it sparingly: Dilithium For Vanity Shields - but yeah, it's not a sink they are comfortable just making full time permanent.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.