test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Ground Changes Re-modulation

scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
I guess now since we will have the re-modulation available without the need to replicate and have one in our devices, it's still going to work for every weapon?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if we are going for a Borg ground Re-Modulation change, wouldn't we just need that option for anti-borg weapons? Not every weapon in canon have a built in re-modulation device.

"Oh look, I found a TOS phaser that is 200 years old, TRIBBLE the borg, they have adapted! (re-modulates this relic)."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have to admit I see Borg on the ground its either the shotgun or tommygun. Simple lead works.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,480 Community Moderator
    I guess now since we will have the re-modulation available without the need to replicate and have one in our devices, it's still going to work for every weapon?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if we are going for a Borg ground Re-Modulation change, wouldn't we just need that option for anti-borg weapons? Not every weapon in canon have a built in re-modulation device.

"Oh look, I found a TOS phaser that is 200 years old, TRIBBLE the borg, they have adapted! (re-modulates this relic)."

Every energy weapon should have the ability to have settings adjusted, meaning that yes, even a TOS phaser can be remodulated. I think the only one that technically has a hard time justifying that is the 22nd Century Phase Pistol, as I think it only had a simple toggle switch at first between stun and kill. It wasn't until after the Episode Regeneration that the Phase Pistol got multiple power settings beyond that to compensate for adaptation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    I don't see this as remodulation being built-in on every weapon, but rather a built-in skill your character has to fiddle with the settings on the weapon.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    ozwyn wrote: »
    I have to admit I see Borg on the ground its either the shotgun or tommygun. Simple lead works.

^ This
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    ozwyn wrote: »

I have those, but i find a dropkick, transphasic bomb, mines or a mek'leth much more satisfying.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,480 Community Moderator
    Oh I'm gonna be packin' my TR-116 and Thompson for this one too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Kligat for me and that terran throwing disk.

Trivia: the kligat, when it first came out, could 1 hit kill an elite tactical borg.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    At least the Mirror Borg adapt to physical damage now, at least the Tommy gun (fast) and shotgun (slow). It might also be bugged, as remodulating seems to not work on either of them and it eventually gets to full immunity. I've heard that the TR gun is Kinetic, and that they don't adapt to that.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    At least the Mirror Borg adapt to physical damage now, at least the Tommy gun (fast) and shotgun (slow). It might also be bugged, as remodulating seems to not work on either of them and it eventually gets to full immunity. I've heard that the TR gun is Kinetic, and that they don't adapt to that.

If that was not intended, I hope they make it their intention to keep it this way.
    Yea I was surprised that the Borg adapted to my Thompson.
    Luckily TR-116 still king of Anti-Borg.
    If that was not intended, I hope they make it their intention to keep it this way.

I don't see how you can adapt to getting physically smacked with an object, be it a fist or a bullet. Lore wise it kinda makes sense that the Borg can't adapt to solid objects hitting them.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I don't see how you can adapt to getting physically smacked with an object, be it a fist or a bullet. Lore wise it kinda makes sense that the Borg can't adapt to solid objects hitting them.

Borg adaptation in general makes no sense.

For gameplay purposes, the bullet based weapons already have sufficient advantages over other weapons.

I used the emperor sword and did not notice they adapted to the physical damage.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    I'm still wondering how this works for Boffs. Can we just dispose of all the 'remodulator' devices we've been putting on our Boffs now?
  • jstooch#9690 jstooch Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I tried it today on defara and the little red flag came up, then I noticed you can drag a re-modulator symbol int you HUD almost like the original but this ones orange and works the same as before,but when you leave Defara it disappears.
    When you go back to defara it doesn't show up anymore. They really know how to mess things up .
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    stolok wrote: »
    I'm still wondering how this works for Boffs. Can we just dispose of all the 'remodulator' devices we've been putting on our Boffs now?

I think so. While they haven't been taken out of inventory, it seems there is no more replicating them, so a new character would be severely handicapped.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    The fact that the borg are currently adapting to the shotgun and tommy gun is dumb. About as dumb as them being able to adapt at all the the gun that was designed so they couldnt adapt to it (the I-MOD).
    7NGGeUP.png

• yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I for one will do all I can to not have to see the huge aggressive REMODULATE!i!i! pop-up in the first place
    questerius wrote: »
    I used the emperor sword and did not notice they adapted to the physical damage.

We'll probably have to wait for tomorrow to see if its a bug. Considering they never adapted to Physical before it might be.
    The fact that the borg are currently adapting to the shotgun and tommy gun is dumb. About as dumb as them being able to adapt at all the the gun that was designed so they couldnt adapt to it (the I-MOD).

Hoenstly I'd say that it could be because its a prototype weapon, and its not the exact one from Elite Force as ours was developed FAR later, and probably without Seven's input. *shrug* Still looks to be a pretty good weapon. Still gonna have to wait to see how it fires myself though. Hoping the Devs emulated the animations from EF1.
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

I think so. While they haven't been taken out of inventory, it seems there is no more replicating them, so a new character would be severely handicapped.

Next question: How do you USE the new 'extirpating remodulator'? It's clearly supposed to be important since it's the only reward for the new mission. But putting it in your device slot does nothing. No button appears that you could add to your skill bars. Does it just change your default/auto remodulation button? How do you know it works since there is no tooltip info?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Next question: How do you USE the new 'extirpating remodulator'? It's clearly supposed to be important since it's the only reward for the new mission. But putting it in your device slot does nothing. No button appears that you could add to your skill bars. Does it just change your default/auto remodulation button? How do you know it works since there is no tooltip info?
    By putting it in a device slot, you change/upgrade what the new remodulation button does.
    In this case, you deal more damage, cancel the assimilation nanites debuff and remodulate in 3 seconds instead of 4. The icon and description also change, but strangely, only when it becomes clickable.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I tried it today on defara and the little red flag came up, then I noticed you can drag a re-modulator symbol int you HUD almost like the original but this ones orange and works the same as before,but when you leave Defara it disappears.
    When you go back to defara it doesn't show up anymore. They really know how to mess things up .

Where is Defara?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,119 Arc User
    edited September 2023

Where is Defara?

Defera is just a minute or two north of DS9.

Link 1

Link 2
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    I don't see this as remodulation being built-in on every weapon, but rather a built-in skill your character has to fiddle with the settings on the weapon.

/\ This. This right here. /\

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Hoenstly I'd say that it could be because its a prototype weapon, and its not the exact one from Elite Force as ours was developed FAR later, and probably without Seven's input. *shrug* Still looks to be a pretty good weapon. Still gonna have to wait to see how it fires myself though. Hoping the Devs emulated the animations from EF1.

I mean sure thats a reasonable explanation... but my response would be "then it isnt the I-MOD". The whole point of the I-MOD was it infinitely modulating so borg couldnt adapt at all. I mean Im sure it will be a fine gun in this game, not that theres really much difference between ground guns (especially now that the borg adapt to physical damage for some reason), but its just a gun that looks like the I-MOD without actually being the I-MOD. Its another "hey do you remember this?" call out with no real substance, that Cryptic is exceptionally good at (see also the Assimilator ship from Armada replacing every OG Borg cube spawn, despite the Assimilator being smaller than a cube and much less powerful).
    7NGGeUP.png

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,908 Arc User
    Anne noticed that the remodulation is now combined if you have Omega equipped. Like her, I prefer having 2 activation, one for the slower remod, and the omega as a oh darn, Yikes! button.
    sig.jpg
    I think going back to my "old" anti borg weapon the Kentari partisan weapon was a solid choice.

The Borg adapt to primary (energy) weapon type and the main damage for the kentari weapon is in the hazards it creates.
    Either Borg or Mirror Borg go down with damage numbering 4 digitis.
  • If the BORG are adapting to the Tommy Gun and Shotgun, then I won't be playing that mission. Not worth it.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    edited September 2023
    If the BORG are adapting to the Tommy Gun and Shotgun, then I won't be playing that mission. Not worth it.

Slowly adapting and there are plenty of gaps in combat where one can press a button to remodulate

Edit: B.t.w. just because these Mirror Borg have a few annoying tricks which are swiftly learned, does not mean they are a dangerous opponent. Most of the old tricks still work against them and some tricks once obsolete work again.
    TR-116 is still the uberweapon of Anti-Borg. Deals Kinetic rather than Physical.

I have a feeling us Crafters might get something to do for a while.
    edited September 2023
    TR-116 is still the uberweapon of Anti-Borg. Deals Kinetic rather than Physical.

I have a feeling us Crafters might get something to do for a while.

Other than the TR-116 it is also possible to Freeze the Borg (CRM-2000), Burn the Borg (e.g. Mining Laser), Radiate the Borg, Slash & Hack the Borg, Electrocute them, Kick them, Punch them and tickle them.

While that last one is a joke there are so many effective ways to take out swats of Borg that we may have to worry about the RSPOB. (Royal Society Protection of Borg).

This discussion has been closed.