test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Locking on Risa

c0mpc0mp Member Posts: 58 Arc User
Since the latest patch (06/07/2023) the game locks entirely when on Risa, the only way out is to shut down the game.

This has happened numerous times when flying using a floater or when riding a board, in fact doing anything really.

Comments

• Options
    aurion#4326 aurion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    I have had this happen twice and both times in the same spot under the same circumstances. After starting the Flying High event I then entered the Event TFO for Azure Nebula Rescue. this meant the timer for the flying high event finished by the time I got out of the TFO, yet I still had one more flight path to complete, that was flying around the big rock outside the Promenade. Both times this was the last flight path I had to do and both times the game locked up at exactly the same point, the 4th gate along the path. As soon as I hit that 4th gate (counting the start gate) the game locked and then crashed to the Xbox Home screen. I restarted the game both times was able to finish the flight around the rock from the 3rd gate and then hand the quest in fine.

But as I said both crashes occurred at exactly the same point and after the same occurrence of doing the current Event TFO during the Flying High task. It may just be a coincident. I'm still trying to replicate the same events to see if it happens a third time, but the q's are longer and the rock has not been one of the paths I need to fly for flying high as yet.

EDIT: Changed 3rd gate to 4th gate. Also I managed to replicate the events again last night only this time the game did NOT lock up as it did the previous two times, so it seems it was a coincidence that it happened the same way and at the same spot twice. Anyway I'll leave this here is case it wasn't.
    Post edited by aurion#4326 on
  • Options
    josh#0694 josh Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    so it seems it was a coincidence that it happened the same way and at the same spot twice.

It wasn't a coincidence You don't even have to be doing flying high to get it to crash. Just fly around the bay rock for a few minutes and boom you are locked up and back to the home screen. Several people are reporting the same over on the cursed reddit forum.

I went to test it for myself and sure enough when you are near the bay rock you risk crashing. it's not 100% of the time but it is always around that spot that the crash occurs.

Christian if you are reading this, good luck pinning this down my brother :)
  • Options
    mmthebatmanmmthebatman Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have this happen when using a floater at the promenade area of the map. Only place it happens. When it does, the game freezes and then eventually quits to the Xbox dashboard. Happens at random times. I could play the game for hours without an issue or minutes.