test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can not send mail with my Klingons

pakledgeniuspakledgenius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi,

While trying to send duty officers to my new klingon faction character Tribble Assassin@Psyionic_Soldier I discovered that my mail is not working for any of my klingons. I have tried mail terminals at various locations (DS9, klingon academy, klingon homeworld exchange) but they all acted the same way.

My federation faction characters offer names from my account while writing the @ handle to help me, klingons offer no help in this way so the whole name has to be manually typed in. The doffs that I tried to send are not bound so it is not a problem with that and my mail box had no mail backing it up. I listed some of the doffs on the exchange in the end and sold them without problem.

I can attach the doffs to a mail but when I press send the mail disappears like it has been sent but the items stay with me.

I tested trying to send with doffs of various quality but none were sent. I also tried to send some communications arrays on their own to see if other items are affected and they failed to send as well.

The klingons affected are ...
Ma'Klink@Psyionic_Soldier
Nausican Pacifist@Psyionic_Soldier
Mizarian Warrior@Psyionic_Soldier
Tribble Assassin@Psyionic_Soldier

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    Is your Duty Officer Roster full? The max is 100.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    The klingons affected are ...
    When sending mail to your own character on your account, all you'd need to type is " @Psyionic_Soldier ".

With respect to the issue experienced, if your Klingon characters are not out of the tutorial, they won't be able to access mail.
    Also, if they're mailboxes are full, you also won't be able to send mail to them.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    I was hoping that this had been solved as I am avoiding using the characters but when I just tried Ma'Klink@Psyionic_Soldier the problem persists.

Thanks for the suggestions but they should not be the issue here. All of the affected characters are maxed rank including the new one now, I was just trying to send her some doffs from each of the old ones to help her get going.

"When sending mail to your own character on your account, all you'd need to type is " @Psyionic_Soldier "."
    Yeah I was more trying to get across that the klingons are not doing any sort of auto promt to help with addresses, you have to type manually.

All characters should be years past any tutorial locks and the newest (Tribble Assassin) was a delta recruit so had to do the tutorial to progress that. She has claimed everything from her delta transponder at this point.

Trying to make some sense of quirks to the system while not knowing programming,
    Ma'Klink@Psyionic_Soldier
    Nausican Pacifist@Psyionic_Soldier
    Mizarian Warrior@Psyionic_Soldier

These three are years old now with the eldest probably around a decade old. Before my last break from playing them they were all in the same fleet but I cannot remember its name. I presume they were kicked for inactivity as happens and I wonder if that could have affected the mail system with the klingons in some way?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    All characters should be years past any tutorial locks...
    Aha! 2020 saw the KDF Tutorial revamp/remaster and some things were changed.
    Try replaying "Duties of Command", which was blocking some folks from playing TFO's a while back. It may be blocking your characters from using mail properly.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    Cryptic, people are scared of super AI but I am Pakled and we just want to go. :p So I was happy to try your super AI's suggestion to solve my problem but alas it did not work.

I knew the latest klingon had done a tutorial recently and she cannot send mail either but these things can be quirky .... so Geordie once said.... so I had a look with them all just incase. The only missions from that chain that any of them can replay are the last two missions. The rest have text saying cannot be replayed on their discriptions.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    All characters should be years past any tutorial locks...
    Aha! 2020 saw the KDF Tutorial revamp/remaster and some things were changed.
    Try replaying "Duties of Command", which was blocking some folks from playing TFO's a while back. It may be blocking your characters from using mail properly.

Is there a similar issue on fed toons? I have a lvl 20 who's been blocked from mail or trading since the recent updates to the mail system.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    I have a lvl 20 who's been blocked from mail or trading since the recent updates to the mail system.
    First I've hear that the recent Exchange & Mail updates should block anyone from trading. What, specifically, are the issues you are experiencing? (Screenshots/Video would help!)
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I have a lvl 20 who's been blocked from mail or trading since the recent updates to the mail system.
    First I've hear that the recent Exchange & Mail updates should block anyone from trading. What, specifically, are the issues you are experiencing? (Screenshots/Video would help!)

Trying to send mail with or without items to myself or other people as well as trading to another player will not work. I do not get any error messages at all. It simply does not complete the function. It only appears to be affecting this one character.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    *Looks suspiciously at the recent mail changes*
    I forgot about those recent mail changes.

Your problem sounds very much like mine except I don't know if it affects player to player trading with mine. It is not easy to get people to do those things with Pakleds since the whole "Samaritan Snare" incident.

My attempts did not throw up any error messages either. Like I mentioned they acted much like normal mails and let me attach items. They looked like they had been sent after pressing the send button but any attached items remained in roster and inventory.

• Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    It would appear the recent email changes have rendered us unable to send email with items attached.
    This is particularly annoying because email is literally the only way to transfer Boffs or Doffs between characters.

Any chance there will be another email change in the near future to fix this?
  • Options
    It would appear the recent email changes have rendered us unable to send email with items attached.
    I'm not experiencing this issue. Are you using a Mail terminal? If you're using the button by the minimap, you cannot send items that way.
  • Options
    I am using a mail terminal. none of my characters can send Doffs via email.
  • Options
    I am using a mail terminal. none of my characters can send Doffs via email.
    Are you trying to send items to one specific character, or does it make no difference who you try to send stuff to?
    I ask because there's a limit on how many items a character can have in their inbox!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    From my experience, inbox capacity seems to be account wide rather than character specific. Regardless, I am not at the limit because some of the Doffs I am attempting to email had previously been attached to an email... Unless there was a stealth nerf to the limit.

For clarity:
    * I'm attempting to send Doffs to myself using my @name without a specific character as the recipient. I have been doing so for over 10 years without issue. At this point I'm not even composing new emails because I can just "reply" to an previous email to myself.
    * I have not tried to attach other items because anything other than Boffs and Doffs can be traded between characters using the Account Bank.
    * I know my mailbox is not full because some of the items I am trying to send were removed from a previous email to myself.
    * I am not receiving any type of error message, the email just doesn't send and the Doffs remain in my inventory.

Incidentally; has anyone who is NOT experiencing an issue with attaching items to email tried to send Doffs via email?

And before anyone asks, Of course I'm sure the Doffs I'm trying to send are not bound.

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out after I clarified that the Doffs in question were not bound I realized that they WERE protected. Once I removed the protection I could email the Doffs as normal... Never mind.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    I figured it out after I clarified that the Doffs in question were not bound I realized that they WERE protected. Once I removed the protection I could email the Doffs as normal...
    Glad to hear you figured this out and it's always good to know what the solution was for the next time it comes up. :smile: