test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Agent Tutorial weird occurrence.

So I decided to create a Temporal Agent on my PC account. After creating the character I talk to the captain and then head down to the armory to get a weapon and practice shooting it. No problem, but then as I leave the armory the NPC's in the corridor begin falling over dead, all over the place. I walk past the dead bodies and suddenly there are Romulans shooting at me but are doing no damage, I kill them off and then head into the launch bay and take the shuttle to Taurus II and finish the entire tutorial with no further weirdness.

Can anyone explain why there are Romulans on board the ship and why are the NPC's dying when that isn't even part of the tutorial at all. It's not game breaking bug, but it sure is some very odd behavior and maybe a symptom of something greater that could be going wrong, which is why I'm mentioning it.

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Those are not Romulans, they are TOS Klingons (the Augment virus type shown in ENT who lost their ridges in case you have not seen TOS). Why they are showing up early for you I have no idea, they are not supposed to be there until a later act.
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Those are not Romulans, they are TOS Klingons (the Augment virus type shown in ENT who lost their ridges in case you have not seen TOS). Why they are showing up early for you I have no idea, they are not supposed to be there until a later act.

The ones I saw yesterday looked like Romluans. However I decided to create a new character to see if it happened again, and yep it did, same thing. Dead crew members falling down for no reason and heading past the launch bay I once again came across enemy soldiers, this time they were Klingons and this time their weapons fire was actually hurting me. So this is an easily repeatable occurrence, on both characters I created a biography for them, a story about their origins, as I wanted to do everything the same. I doubt that has any effect, but I duplicated everything I had done yesterday, except the name of the char. This also involved claiming the Imperial Rift set from mudds store and equipping the warp and impulse engines and deflector and shield on the tutorial ship, prior to getting on the turbo lift to the armory. other items claimed were:

Elachi Walker and pet
    Genesis pet and the weapons rifle and pistol
    Wrath of Khan excursion outfits.