test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Note for 6/21/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited June 2023 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have maintenance on all platforms tomorrow, 6/21, at 5am PT. Estimated downtime is 6 hours for PC, five hours for Console. You can find the PC Patch Note here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11546863
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    Before anyone posts "What 6 hours for 1 item". Server maintenance is taking place. Hence the length of the down time.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Thank you eazzie. And thank you devs for the fix for those who play that TFO.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    Before anyone posts "What 6 hours for 1 item". Server maintenance is taking place. Hence the length of the down time.

Aye, it's the maintenance that takes the most time, not the fixes - or 'fix' in this case. Servers need rebooted, defragged and whatnot to function well.

Anyway, what really makes me suspicious (and excited) is that there's only been time for one fix this week which means there's work being done on other things we don't necessarily know about yet...

There's 2 new ships coming, and there's bound to be some other stuff going on...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    You know, if they'd buy SSD-equipped servers, they wouldn't need to waste time with defragmenting.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.