test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FLAGSHIP CELEBRATION EVENT!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
We're celebrating the flagships of the fleet with the next event in our 2023 Meta Campaign!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11545233
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    It's pretty funny that Crusher is now a hologram.

In First Contact, she remarked that she'd sworn to never use the EMH. Now she's sort of an EMH herself.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Hahaha what a genius idea to make that Beverly Crusher Holo Bridge Officer with this trait...

Trait: A Lot’s Happened in the Last Twenty Years. This trait reduces the recharge time of your bridge officer abilities each second after activating a beam or torpedo firing mode. It also applies Torpedo: High Yield one immediately after activating a shield or hull repair.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Ok... everyone imagine it! Beverly Crusher saying, "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."
    msivh34y8fiv.jpg
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Free stuff is always appreciated! But I wish we could get some event earned (and giveaway) bridge officers from another division. I'm full up on science. :)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    can we get her with red hair???

seriously though, weird mix of TFOs Borg disconnected Swarm jupiter irtatus (for the 50th time) and synth wave.
    I have zero experience with disconnected. I may have done swarm, or a mission like it. is a megawell ship useful in disconnected or a no no? I think it's ok with the swarm. as far as jupiter and synth, I'd rather pour battery acid in my eyes that do those again, let along as a grind
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Just for clarification. Will the Doctor Beverly Crusher Hologram be claimable on KDF characters or is she only on the Fed side?
    Post edited by p331 on
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    p331 wrote: »
    Just for clarification. Will the Doctor Beverly Crusher Hologram be claimable on KDF characters or is she only on the Fed side?

I would imagine so, the Terran Janeway is claimable on KDF characters.
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    seriously though, weird mix of TFOs Borg disconnected Swarm jupiter irtatus (for the 50th time) and synth wave.

Yeah, I thought so too, especially for a "Flagship Celebration" Event. I would have gone with four TFOs in which each faction's flagship popping up to fight beside you would make sense. So, Swarm works (Dominion, Odo's Flagship), as would Synth Wave OR Iuppiter Irratus for Feds (Enterprise-F). For KDF and the Bortasqu' I would have picked Gates to Gre'thor and for the Romulans and the Lleiset Azure Nebula (even if that one's already in the current event).
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    thorodal wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought so too...
    I was about to say the same - we have 4 TFO's to choose from and although they are a nice spread among the content, 1 is clearly Dominion and the other 3 are Starfleet. Two of them definitely should have been dropped in favour of KDF and RR centred TFO's.
    "Gateway to Gre'thor" is a nice choice for KDF but given we've just had "Azure Nebula Rescue" in the current event, something like "Khitomer Vortex" or "Khitomer Vortex" might be a better choice due to Scimitar-based foes at the end.

Anyway, despite these minor grievances, we have a nice selection of TFO's for the event and a couple of nice prizes. It'd be nice to not keep getting Science-based bridge officers though...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    (...)but given we've just had "Azure Nebula Rescue" in the current event, (...)

Yeah, I pointed that out too, but the Lleiset is already in it by default, so it would be a very easy pick to make here. ;)
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    damn I didn't want to pass on that event.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    can we get her with red hair???

I have zero experience with disconnected. I may have done swarm, or a mission like it. is a megawell ship useful in disconnected or a no no? I think it's ok with the swarm. as far as jupiter and synth, I'd rather pour battery acid in my eyes that do those again, let along as a grind

Could be. You need to free some ships and enemies will swarm around them, from three different species at some point.

If you target one far away, that should make it easier to liberate the ships (done through the regular interact button, not that different from what you have to do in Azure nebula: hitting F and make sure you're not fired upon or activating anything for like 10 seconds each time).

If you have that megawell on a carrier ship, it's even better since they can distract the enemies with proper threat management.

Or, of course, you could just blow up everything. Make sure you have hazard emitters though, or some other DoT-clear ability or passive. There's Borg plasma that's going to interfere with liberating the ships.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    I remember the 2nd anniversary even missions "The Odyssey Class" and "The Bortas Class" that introduced the t5 versions of these flagships to the game.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    I remember the 2nd anniversary even missions "The Odyssey Class" and "The Bortas Class" that introduced the t5 versions of these flagships to the game.

But do you remember that one First Contact Day/Day of Honor/Republic Day Event when you could go and talk to the command crew of your faction's flagship? ;)
  • Options
    But do you remember that one First Contact Day/Day of Honor/Republic Day Event when you could go and talk to the command crew of your faction's flagship? ;)

I wasn't blowing things up so no (just kidding, but I barely remember the anniversary mission, most of those early years gets fuzzy when I try to remember it.)
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options

I wasn't blowing things up so no (just kidding, but I barely remember the anniversary mission, most of those early years gets fuzzy when I try to remember it.)

I liked it, especially talking to the crew of the Bortasqu' and the game for once recognizing that not everyone on KDF side is in it for "honor and glory", especially the Orion CMO Harza-Kull... :P
  • Options
    anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Indeed i do!

AAAhhh, those where the days!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Hahaha what a genius idea to make that Beverly Crusher Holo Bridge Officer with this trait...

Trait: A Lot’s Happened in the Last Twenty Years. This trait reduces the recharge time of your bridge officer abilities each second after activating a beam or torpedo firing mode. It also applies Torpedo: High Yield one immediately after activating a shield or hull repair.

Considering over 80% of BOFF traits are still bricked since Jonathan in systems came out with equally broken Elite upgrade token, I'd be surprised if that trait works either. I've had support confirm it, elevated to senior support, and also done the forums posts in the bug section and nothing... still broken and they're still selling the tokens that just do basically nothing for months now.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Yup, no word over the usage in season 3 of Picard of the Elachi Fregate from Star Trek Online ;)
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2023

Oh if only those could have been added to this event for funsies. I had started with STO not long before those were added. Some foundational moments to a long tenure with the game. I'm not sure those were preserved either in liveplays, still early days for youtube.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Oh if only those could have been added to this event for funsies. I had started with STO not long before those were added. Some foundational moments to a long tenure with the game. I'm not sure those were preserved either in liveplays, still early days for youtube.

took some slight digging, it was 11 years ago but:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpWuS81BQ5M&amp;ab_channel=JusticeGaming
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkGnX5g289U&amp;t=11s&amp;ab_channel=JusticeGaming
  • Options
    axleluxxaxleluxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Flagship celebration?

But still no LEGENDARY BORTASQU.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    I'm rather disappointed that the Fleet Flagship Distress Frequency Device is something you have to equip into the Devices slot in order for one to use it, since the other Distress Frequency Devices don't need to, when all you have to do is just keep them in your inventory (Nimbus Pirate, Delta Wing, Hur'q), and you're able to use them from your tray, so long as you have them loaded into your tray.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I'm rather disappointed that the Fleet Flagship Distress Frequency Device is something you have to equip into the Devices slot in order for one to use it, since the other Distress Frequency Devices don't need to, when all you have to do is just keep them in your inventory (Nimbus Pirate, Delta Wing, Hur'q), and you're able to use them from your tray, so long as you have them loaded into your tray.

Even more disappointing that it doesn't do anything at all: I've tried equipping it on two different characters now, and it adds exactly nothing to my power list or trays. Just wastes a device slot.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    That's because it's a passive effect - it modifies your Fleet Support power, as per the blog​.
    In addition, you’ll receive the Fleet Flagship Distress Frequency. This passive device summons the Flagship of your faction when you activate Fleet Support.
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    axleluxx wrote: »
    Flagship celebration?

But still no LEGENDARY BORTASQU.
    Calm yersel' - there's no Legendary Dominion Flagship either.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    That's because it's a passive effect - it modifies your Fleet Support power, as per the blog​.
    In addition, you’ll receive the Fleet Flagship Distress Frequency. This passive device summons the Flagship of your faction when you activate Fleet Support.
    ​​

Then it's just as useless as stated by the person I quoted. Junk that shouldn't be occupying a device slot.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »
    ​​

Then it's just as useless as stated by the person I quoted. Junk that shouldn't be occupying a device slot.

Are you aware that you can put these in your inventory and still activate them?
    They do not need to be in a device slot.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    Free stuff is always appreciated! But I wish we could get some event earned (and giveaway) bridge officers from another division. I'm full up on science. :)

Actually Science and Medical are different divisions the same way Security and Engineering are different divisions, having the same color shirt doesn't mean being in same division, mechanically yeah they're the same however in STO Medical could've been It's own separate Career Track, Since Tac is DPS, Engineering is a Tank, Science could be still be Control/Support and Medical could then cover the group's Healer role.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »

Actually Science and Medical are different divisions the same way Security and Engineering are different divisions, having the same color shirt doesn't mean being in same division, mechanically yeah they're the same however in STO Medical could've been It's own separate Career Track, Since Tac is DPS, Engineering is a Tank, Science could be still be Control/Support and Medical could then cover the group's Healer role.

I'd say the relationship between Science and Medical is more like that of Engineering and Operations separate yes but with heavy overlap.
This discussion has been closed.