test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE TIMELINE NEEDS YOU!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,749 Community Moderator
Starting on June 8th, you'll be able to create a Temporal Recruit, and unlock rewards for your whole account!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11545143
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    Sorry, I don't have time... Right now. Or always, actually. I'll always have much less of it than the timeline itself.

It'll have to figure things out on its own.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,320 Arc User
    There's a surprise to have this Event at this time of the year, and not at the TOS anniversary date.
    What are you guys planning... [/suspicion]
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    Awesome! I've missed every previous Temporal Recruit event. My recruit roster will finally be full. Thanks guys!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    There's a surprise to have this Event at this time of the year, and not at the TOS anniversary date.
    What are you guys planning... [/suspicion]

I suspect it has more to do with the current storyline.
  • astralstorm#3516 astralstorm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Why is the Temporal Recruitment back when it was only recently done just before the Delta Recruitment? I missed the last KDF Recruitment (and hence don't have a KDF Recruitment char on PC) and unfortunately accidentally deleted my Gamma Recruit so I was hoping it was Gamma's turn again as that has not been done for a long time!! Running the same Recruitment so close together doesn't make sense.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,320 Arc User
    Why is the Temporal Recruitment back when it was only recently done just before the Delta Recruitment? ... Running the same Recruitment so close together doesn't make sense.
    Temporal was last run in September of last year. I'm surprised to see it running so early this year, but given they do have all four Recruitment Events across the year, the ones you want to happen will come around soon enough.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Any word on whether or not all accounts will be given a NEW FREE CHARACTER SLOT for the event? Myself & most players i know are full up in our rosters.
    Why is the Temporal Recruitment back when it was only recently done just before the Delta Recruitment? I missed the last KDF Recruitment (and hence don't have a KDF Recruitment char on PC) and unfortunately accidentally deleted my Gamma Recruit so I was hoping it was Gamma's turn again as that has not been done for a long time!! Running the same Recruitment so close together doesn't make sense.

I've seen fb comments suggesting it may well do with a new series in the TOS Era.
    Is there confirmation on this?
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Why is the Temporal Recruitment back when it was only recently done just before the Delta Recruitment? ... Running the same Recruitment so close together doesn't make sense.
    Temporal was last run in September of last year. I'm surprised to see it running so early this year, but given they do have all four Recruitment Events across the year, the ones you want to happen will come around soon enough.

I suspect Cryptic wouldn't mind varying the cadence so players can't predict exactly when these fall. That way there's a bit of FOMO and needing to stay tuned throughout the year in case a player wants a particular event.
    Any word on whether or not all accounts will be given a NEW FREE CHARACTER SLOT for the event? Myself & most players i know are full up in our rosters.

You only get a free slot with the first run of the event. I don't think re-runs count for that, and if you were around for the original run then you already have the slot. None of these double up on the freebee service unlocks.

If you're full up and can't buy any more slots, then you'll need to start a 2nd account to make room (knew a Foundry author who had to do that after maxing out their characters years back).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 169 Arc User

You only get a free slot with the first run of the event. I don't think re-runs count for that, and if you were around for the original run then you already have the slot. None of these double up on the freebee service unlocks.

If you're full up and can't buy any more slots, then you'll need to start a 2nd account to make room (knew a Foundry author who had to do that after maxing out their characters years back).

Hmn, i hope that's not the case. When the Klingon Recruit came around recently, i had 1-2 slots available even though my 2 main accounts were definitely full. I have not purchased many additional slots yet so i doubt i hit that limit. I greatly enjoyed making & playing new KDF characters.

IF we aren't getting a NEW FREE CHARACTER SLOT this time around i will have to pass. I will not make another account, 7 is quite enough. Making an 8th account is not logical, for RL & IC/RP reasons. As to why i have 7 accounts is yes, i am an altoholic, & it seemed at the time the most logical option at the time. Experience, however, has taught me that this is more expensive in the long run, as i have had to buy certain products/services multiple times. While a bit of a bummer for me it's a win for Cryptic bc they get more money, which is good for the game.
    While i am willing to buy additional slots, it is highly doubtful i will be able to do so during the upcoming event. If that is the case then the characters i'm drafting in my notes will have to wait for another event. Unfortunate, because TOS & KDF are my favorite factions.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,775 Arc User
    edited June 2023

Hmn, i hope that's not the case. When the Klingon Recruit came around recently, i had 1-2 slots available even though my 2 main accounts were definitely full. I have not purchased many additional slots yet so i doubt i hit that limit. I greatly enjoyed making & playing new KDF characters.

IF we aren't getting a NEW FREE CHARACTER SLOT this time around i will have to pass. I will not make another account, 7 is quite enough. Making an 8th account is not logical, for RL & IC/RP reasons. As to why i have 7 accounts is yes, i am an altoholic, & it seemed at the time the most logical option at the time. Experience, however, has taught me that this is more expensive in the long run, as i have had to buy certain products/services multiple times. While a bit of a bummer for me it's a win for Cryptic bc they get more money, which is good for the game.
    While i am willing to buy additional slots, it is highly doubtful i will be able to do so during the upcoming event. If that is the case then the characters i'm drafting in my notes will have to wait for another event. Unfortunate, because TOS & KDF are my favorite factions.

The cap on characters per account is somewhere around fifty or sixty I think from comments I have heard, so seven accounts would have the capacity for something like three or four hundred characters in total. Currently I have thirty-five or so characters split across two accounts, so I am nowhere near maxing out either of them for example.

I am in somewhat the same boat this year on the character slot buying budget however. This year the earlier than usual placement of the Temporal recruitment will probably make it so that I will not be able to add a new TOS recruit to both accounts this time around because of seasonal expenses killing my entertainment budget and the lack of an open slot on one account (I have one available on the other though).

I would have preferred that the AoY recruitment event stayed in September this year and Gamma (which I never bother with after the first try since the horneytoads are so lacking in roleplay potential that running one is pure tedious grind) remained in its usual place in the middle of the budget slump.

I guess it will be a good time to work on my older TOS characters even though it means partially missing the yearly TOS fix itself, so it is not a total waste. I do wish the Gamma recruitment had a race worth playing though, since I would have had the budget to spend on character slots again by September.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    So not gonna make it. Again. :P
    If I keep the character there (23c) and continue her next year (or whenever its up again) would that work; or should I just delete her?
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    "From June 8th at 8am PT to June 29th at 12pm PT on PC, you can create a new Temporal Agent character."

Umm... Daniels Today is June 29th and it's past 12pm PST by 30 mins,
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,863 Arc User
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > "From June 8th at 8am PT to June 29th at 12pm PT on PC, you can create a new Temporal Agent character."
    >
    > Umm... Daniels Today is June 29th and it's past 12pm PST by 30 mins,

Probably was extended due to the Steam issues certain users were experiencing.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > "From June 8th at 8am PT to June 29th at 12pm PT on PC, you can create a new Temporal Agent character."
    >
    > Umm... Daniels Today is June 29th and it's past 12pm PST by 30 mins,

Probably was extended due to the Steam issues certain users were experiencing.

Actually it's my mistake, I just noticed this thread was started on the 1st, I thought the announcement was posted today.
This discussion has been closed.