test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO *Muted*

Since I started up this morning I noticed my game has been strangely muted, I've checked settings and all, I did not mute the game, nor is there anything wrong with my speakers and I can play games, watch movies and all just fine; just strangely STO got muted

Is this a bug or something happened that disabled all sound/music?

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    Make sure that it's not muted in Windows itself or broadcasting the game to the wrong output. Had that happen to me once or twice.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    I've found that when I play The last of us my sound properties on spatial sound change to windows sonic for headphones, so i need to manually change it back to off in order to play sto or another game or use YouTube etc otherwise my sound is muted too. See if that is the case for you too.
  • Options
    chrisccw315#4958 chrisccw315 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I identified the issue, searching through web I found some old posts sharing similar problem and its windows' volume mixer somehow turned STO's volume off; I dont know how it happened cause it certainly not shortcut triggered

Anyhow, problem resolved, and Thanks fellas for the feedback
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    I identified the issue, searching through web I found some old posts sharing similar problem and its windows' volume mixer somehow turned STO's volume off; I dont know how it happened cause it certainly not shortcut triggered

Anyhow, problem resolved, and Thanks fellas for the feedback

Happy you got it sorted :)
  • Options
    ulisseys#6140 ulisseys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So i can resolve this by manually switching to my headset in the options menu of the game, as well as if that doesnt work using windows itself to select the audio output. Happens a few times a week.