test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Native DPS parser

josh#0694 josh Member Posts: 54 Arc User
First let me say THANK YOU to Keith and any other engineers that helped make this happen. I can't wait to see what the UI people come up with to make this look good!

That being said can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , get this on console... I know that chat is clunky and maybe waiting on UI for the introduction to console is the better choice but as much as I like having this on PC the console guys need this more as we have ZERO options for a parser.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    They are working on UI stuff for it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    They gave us the codes for it in the last live stream but when i tried putting them in, as is, i couldn't find where the parse was posted or happening. Any suggestions or tips on that?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    They gave us the codes for it in the last live stream but when i tried putting them in, as is, i couldn't find where the parse was posted or happening. Any suggestions or tips on that?

STO now has an official DPS parser built in-game. There's UI/programming work needed to make it more useable, but players can use it currently via the following commands
    gclcombatstatinit 1 starts the parser
    gclCombatStatData 0 0 0 displays the data. The 0s can be 1s to give more data

Pasted from this thread .....

https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1270473/ten-forward-weekly-4-25-23
  • Options
    josh#0694 josh Member Posts: 54 Arc User

It shows up in the chat window... don't make the same mistake I made, make sure you can see system notifications. I had mine turned off at first.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Okay, I know I'm stupid, but I can't seem to get this to work...

I typed /gclcombatstatinit 1
    Entered the Tholian Red alert and finished it in about 60 seconds...
    I typed /gclCombatStatData 0 0 0

Nothing shows up in chat...

I checked my system messages... They're on... Still nothing...

Help?
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Okay, I know I'm stupid, but I can't seem to get this to work...

I typed /gclcombatstatinit 1
    Entered the Tholian Red alert and finished it in about 60 seconds...
    I typed /gclCombatStatData 0 0 0

Nothing shows up in chat...

I checked my system messages... They're on... Still nothing...

Help?
    CM

This might be relevant:
    josh#0694 wrote: »
    ... don't make the same mistake I made, make sure you can see system notifications. I had mine turned off at first.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    @meimeitoo

Thank you for responding and following up... my comment "I checked my system messages... They're on... Still nothing..." was meant to convey that I checked that... I went in and tried it again today... Still nothing...

So, unless there's some other type of setting I'm not seeing, my system notifications are on...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    josh#0694 wrote: »
    It shows up in the chat window... don't make the same mistake I made, make sure you can see system notifications. I had mine turned off at first.

I would have thought this was the issue, as well, but i have it on in some chat tabs and off in others. Regardless, after logging in today, i was able to get it working.

I made the mistake of putting the 1 1 1 and, hoooooo boy, is that a lot of information. I'm still sifting but i like the info they have and look forward to seeing official UI and such. Specifically things that will help clarify some of the things like what counts as "pets" and if they can tie special damages into a category to show where that's coming from without just listing each individual thing. I'm digging that this is now officially a thing, though.

Casual test run of Starbase 1
    Damage: 6886621.0, DPS 15795.0

• Options
    Casual test run of Starbase 1
    Damage: 6886621.0, DPS 15795.0

Casual Operation Reposte
    Damage: 13741786.0, DPS 15422.9
  • Options
    weird side note: looks like you have to activate it every time you log in, rather than it just being a toggle option. It also looks to be per log in rather than per character, which is always an appreciated thing.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    weird side note: looks like you have to activate it every time you log in, rather than it just being a toggle option. It also looks to be per log in rather than per character, which is always an appreciated thing.

The usual way to enable the combatlog is per login too. It's always been this way. Just keybind it somewhere, and you'll be good.

N.B. As far as using it, personally, I'm going to wait for the better interface.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    has anyone compared the native parser to one of the other out there like ACT?
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.