test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in Ship's Armory in Delta tutorial

2»

Comments

• cel2601#6112 cel2601 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I unequipped my rifle and logged out, while I made a klingon delta, logged back in and equipped the rifle and got an update... now I just have to find a way out of the transporter room lol, at least it's partially solved
  • umbracorvus#3600 umbracorvus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    So it looks like when the armory bug occurs, and when you troubleshoot then end up in the transporter room, you've skipped a tutorial step and you are prevented from going back because of the doors between the corridor and the transporter room. The next step was join the Security Cadets outside of the armory to face off with some BORG in the corridor before getting to the transporter room. All of that was skipped due to the bug and I'm not stuck facing off against respawning Borg in the transporter room and a door that prevents me from getting out and back to the Security Cadets
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,312 Arc User
    If you equip the rifle by double-clicking from the Inventory, it won't update the mission.
    You need to do it via the character sheet.
    Try unequipping it, then re-equipping it from there.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    If you equip the rifle by double-clicking from the Inventory, it won't update the mission.
    You need to do it via the character sheet.
    Try unequipping it, then re-equipping it from there.
    That doesn't always work either. I finally managed to get that to work by unequipping it, logging out, waiting several hours, logging back in, and then equipping it, but others are reporting that even this step isn't working for them. And if you hit the part of the bug where it sends you to the transporter room without going through the corridor, there's currently no fix, because you can't go back to where you were supposed to meet up with those two Security officers outside the Armory.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ianandrosianandros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same, I'm very frustrated. I'm about to delete the character.
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    exactly same problem here
    edited April 2023
    Ash@UMBRACORVUS#3600
    Last map you were in: Starfleet Tutorial
    Map you were going to: Out of the tutorial.
    What the issue is:
    -Character is Caitian Federation Delta running the Tutorial.
    -Issue started inside the armory after picking up the rifle. The door to exit the armory wasn't not working.
    -Tried 'I'm stuck with no luck. I used Respawn and spawned at the turbo lift. Rifle had already been equipped. No Security cadets present in the corridor and no Borg fight in the corridor. Transporter Room door not working
    - Logged out of game for an hour or so
    - logged back in and found my character inside the transporter room with the tutorial step to meet up with the security cadets that are located outside of the armory. Transporter Room door will not open so cannot get back to the cadets. Bog continue to respawn in the transporter room if killed.
    - Been stuck in the transporter room for approx 18 hours now...
    - Have tried 'I'm Stuck' and Respawn without success
    Post edited by umbracorvus#3600 on
    Same problem here. Equip the rifle in armory and nothing happens.
    I tried everything and the bug persists.
    Last night, just to check on it (and to satisfy a joke I'd concocted), I created a new toon on my backup account. Got stuck in the Armory, unequipped the rifle, logged out to desktop, logged back in, re-equipped the rifle, and was able to continue.

So this looks to be one of those triply-accursed intermittent bugs. Those are always a tribble to chase down.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited April 2023
    Response from Support regarding the ticket raised:

(Private correspondence removed. - BMR)

I have no issue creating a new character.....but it doesn't help that I collected the server downtime compensation on this character! I have responded to support asking if this is able to be transferred over to a different character.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • cel2601#6112 cel2601 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    as life time sub holder (on my Main account) if they refuse to move my tokens to the account bank or another character for me, I will be telling the support team to go to hell and telling them I will never be purchasing zen again.
  • sovwellsovwell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yes I still have this cadet stuck in the Transporter room.

m6f628u9fw1f.jpg

Here is my Original post... I think you will find it similar to others.

Although no ETA, they are still receiving similar reports from other players also affected by this issue. And they want to assure us that the developers are aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. It is a unique bug/feature indeed.

eu8bmr4dx95k.jpg
    So, to check something, I made a Romulan Delta as well.

Turns out that when I equipped the rifle in that one (during the Elachi attack on Virinat), the game didn't acknowledge this and give me the next waypoint until I un-equipped it, then reequipped it. So it may not be entirely exclusive to the Feds. (I'll probably make a Klink Delta on my secondary account later to check that.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • drag00n2000drag00n2000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    It's been a while since I created a new toon. While running the Training Cruise I forgot about the bugs.

Steps to recreate the bug I encountered:
    1. I redeemed the live issue make up promo on a new toon I created (big mistake)
    2. As a result it didn't detect when I equip'd the rifle
    3. I somehow managed to respawn into the locked transporter room
    4. @htatc advised me to clear the first slot in my inventory (Thanks!)
    5. I am now unable to reach the security cadets in the hall as the transporter door is locked

If anyone has a known workaround please let me know.

I also created a ticket and figured the response would be worth sharing, fingers crossed.

(Private correspondence removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • wil156wil156 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Still stuck in the transporter room
    Resolved here! Thank you devs!
    wil156 wrote: »
    I'm gathering that if you used debug commands to escape the Armory before, that puts you into a whole new realm of out-of-cheese errors. My best suggestion would be to petition Support to move your character back to the Academy to start over, or at least back to the Armory so you can equip the rifle and get on with your life.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,312 Arc User
    wil156 wrote: »
    Delete the character and start again?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    the singular thing you are all doing.. trust me I've done it. you have to SLOW DOWN. Read the hints and do exactly what it says, you can't double click when you are suppose to press a button. If you go fast then the tutorial gets lost and borks
    sig.jpg
  • drag00n2000drag00n2000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just curious if anyone who has glitched into the transporter room has found a way to "join the Security Cadets"