test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 4/6/23

Comments

• Options
    woodstockfury#8221 woodstockfury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for all you're doing to keep us all informed. I understand that some aren't seeing the screenshots with the links and you're dealing with that as well. Just know that most of us really appreciate what you do, and understand that sometimes things just happen. Have a great day baddmoonrizin!
    Check out all the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11541433

• Options
    jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    From what I have read I understand that you will offer compensation with an extension of the current events.
    Do you think that is sufficient in view of the damage that has been caused?
    I don't, between the experience points and the dilithium lost until that time!!
    So I wish you good luck with the repairs hoping that in the future you listen to the thousands of players who have told you thousands of times to check your updates before implementing them!!!!!
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Downloaded a long patch this morning and still getting the same error message. Such a shame but plenty of other games to play. Hopefully it will be fixed this weekend.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    cappen#6855 cappen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    ok, if i am seeing this correctly, some people have been able to log in the entire time that most of us haven't, and the server is still up. i realize we will get an extension of the event to compensate, so most of us get back 2 days, while the select few get 2 extra days. how will you make things fair for all?
  • Options
    olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I get "Unable to Start Game Client: client unexpectedly quit" and I've Downloaded a few patches this morning. Same message keeps popping up.
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Flaming/trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    The game works fine now but don't forget the lost time.
    I understand that you have had a nice scare, a T6 ship coupon would be welcome for a correct compensation.
  • Options
    olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    jeanluck4 wrote: »
    The game works fine now but don't forget the lost time.
    I understand that you have had a nice scare, a T6 ship coupon would be welcome for a correct compensation.

Just for clarification, the game is still not working for me.
  • Options
    iluniusilunius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well here in Holland 5:06 pm and i am still not able to login. I don't know how it is with the rest of you?! Did everything possibly to get it to work but i guess 2day is a lost day for me. Will try again in a couple of hours. Fun being a LTS'ser like i assume so many of you. Anyway wanted to put it on paper that atleast for me it still aint working. BTw i assume the problem is only on PC cause i had no trouble on my playstation account?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Kael just posted on another thread that unfortunately the fix implemented last night is working too slow and the team is looking at an alternative method to implement a fix but sadly there is no eta on this but will keep us updated. you can read it on this thread

https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1270202/uhm-launcher-just-made-an-update-and-now-it-doesnt-work-anymore/p7

• Options
    duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    it always suprises me how easy peaple get mad at one a nother for the most minor of reasons..........

carpe diem dear fellow humans, carpe diem
  • Options
    dikon81dikon81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,

I still can't connect

Shame on you! I hope you will compensate us, because of you we miss the events...

pn4iv7eqztoy.png
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Still cant log in , says client quit unexpectedly
  • Options

And yes they have extended the events as compensation
  • Options
    lizharperlizharper Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    As some of you have pointed out, they never check their updates for opps before posting. Like World of Warcraft and the Veteran Affair done many a time. Are they going give us something for this long wait, do to their TRIBBLE up? More then likely, no, but, we'll see. Because, they know, you'll still play the game, no matter what.

As for posting on Twitter. Not everyone uses that platform for reasons. (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR) I would except it here or at least on Facebook as well. But, you got people like Wolfman Jack or whatever his name is who posted the Twitter thing here for us.

So what are you do as we wait for it...whatever you want. Go outside, get some sun, play another game, or whatever you want to do to pass the time away. It'll come back, just give them time. Reading code, isn't easy to do, despite that they were taught to read it. Plus the rush to get things out falls on the heads of the people running the business and we all know they don't care, they want money.

In closing, we just sit back relax, smoke'm if you got them and watch movies. Or at least talk jokes or whatever.
  • Options
    athivenathiven Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    downloading one more patch. 1Gb this time... Must be 50Gb total now... How is this possible when the ST files on my computer takes only 275Mb...!!!
  • Options
    adamsemo7575#1924 adamsemo7575 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Um is the parking brake on?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ Thanks, eazzie, for the Twitter post updates! Yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. We'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!

(Wolfman Jack???)🤔
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ Thanks, eazzie, for the Twitter post updates! Yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. We'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!

(Wolfman Jack???)🤔

Pleasure
  • Options
    adamsemo7575#1924 adamsemo7575 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

(Wolfman Jack???)🤔

Shore leave for all woohoo
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    So, after a 20 minute download, the game would not load and crashed instead.

I'm done trying for the day. Here's hoping it works tomorrow.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Progress!!! NOW the launcher won't even load! hivjm696elcy.png
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options

Most prob working on it
  • Options
    johnk54#4217 johnk54 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I am getting the same thing. Ironically the game was working for me last night, except the supposed fix to the Eye of the Storm episode. Ah well, other games to play.
  • Options
    gargant#8431 gargant Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Getting this message as well.
  • Options
    slacker2002#2884 slacker2002 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    For the love of God, stop pushing out the damn broken patches!
    I was able to play a full 24 hours after the problems came up, and you forced a patch on my last night that gave me the same problem. Now today, you pushed another patch making it even worse, as now I cannot even get the launcher to open.
  • Options
    syagrian wrote: »
    I was in most of the day yesterday (various exits, restarts, etc.) -- Last night, the client updated itself, anew patch, and now it won't connect at all. I tried again late last night, another patch, and no joy. This morning, a large patch, still no go.

Exactly what happened to me. CasualSAb has a video out, showing how to correct the files and play the game. But it will only work if you can actually get the launcher open. But of course, Cryptic keeps pushing out the broken patch, clogging the system, so that many of us cannot even connect to open the launcher now.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    (Trolling comments removed. - BMR)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    syagrian wrote: »
    I was in most of the day yesterday (various exits, restarts, etc.) -- Last night, the client updated itself, anew patch, and now it won't connect at all. I tried again late last night, another patch, and no joy. This morning, a large patch, still no go.

Exactly what happened to me. CasualSAb has a video out, showing how to correct the files and play the game. But it will only work if you can actually get the launcher open. But of course, Cryptic keeps pushing out the broken patch, clogging the system, so that many of us cannot even connect to open the launcher now.

FYI, messing with the game files is against the TOS.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.