test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 4/6/23

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
edited April 2023 in Release Notes
Check out all the exciting changes coming to Star Trek Online in our latest patch notes!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11541433
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Thanks for keeping us informed
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Oh was this just posted just now? oh I was hoping to jump on and see the fix but i guess it's going to need a little more time.
  • tonkin#7516 tonkin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Received Patch this morning 7:30 PDT
    Now receiving this Forced Verify did not help
    p31h4i20xtwx.png

• manalishi#3427 manalishi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Return player after many years. I get this a lot but... they'll fix it soon I hope. Newer pc but I'm OLD and still love the game
    GrWzQke.png
  • kilroyisherekilroyishere Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    why are they posting updates of progress on twitter? cant post it to the OFFICIAL forums?.i dont even use twitter so how am i supposed to know whats going on? whats the point of having GNN if your just gonna post somewere else?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    why are they posting updates of progress on twitter? cant post it to the OFFICIAL forums?.i dont even use twitter so how am i supposed to know whats going on? whats the point of having GNN if your just gonna post somewere else?

@baddmoonrizin is fantastic at keeping the community updated on the forum. Even if you are not a twitter user you don't have to be to access the STO twitter feed. Alo even if Badd does miss and update you can be sure that certain members of the playing community will update on here too
  • zuril#9712 zuril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Some lines of code missing a ; or a : or a { or something is my guess. Evidently its way more than that to have taken this long already to repair/recode.

You literally just read it here, genius. 🙄
    GrWzQke.png
  • kilroyisherekilroyishere Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    my point and question remain valid genius
    my point and question remain valid genius

Except that's patently false, because the updates have been posted here, to the forum, in GNN, and you've read them here without having to go to Twitter or Facebook or anywhere else.
    GrWzQke.png
    Thanks, foxman! Couldn't get to it for dealing with trolls. 🫤
    GrWzQke.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,501 Arc User
    Thanks, foxman! Couldn't get to it for dealing with trolls. 🫤

Happy to help :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    For those of you whom despise twitter, this is what that last link to it states..
    obwbomv0rj5w.jpg

You have to understand that a lot of people were turned off and find twitter abhorrent by the ones who used to run twitter before the takeover by elon, and blacklisted it never wanting to return to it.
    Now do not get me wrong, I am not having a go at you, its just that most would find it easier if you screenshotted the twitter post and posted it here on the official forums rather than just a link which forces them to go to twitter.
    And as its good friday, maybe be a bit kinder today baddmoonrizin.

Now one thing i have not seen being stated by anyone official, when we are all able to get back in to game, will the voth event be extended for one more day due to yesterdays hiccup ??
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,501 Arc User
    For those of you whom despise twitter, this is what that last link to it states..
    obwbomv0rj5w.jpg

You have to understand that a lot of people were turned off and find twitter abhorrent by the ones who used to run twitter before the takeover by elon, and blacklisted it never wanting to return to it.
    Now do not get me wrong, I am not having a go at you, its just that most would find it easier if you screenshotted the twitter post and posted it here on the official forums rather than just a link which forces them to go to twitter.

Now one thing i have not seen being stated by anyone official, when we are all able to get back in to game, will the voth event be extended for one more day due to yesterdays hiccup ??

pjxgwS8.jpg

Odd that you should say this, because as far as I can tell, the link I post actually shows the tweet in the thread without need of a screenshot. 🤷‍♀️ And yes, as a previous tweet I posted states, the Event will be extended due to this downtime.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited April 2023
    And again, another link forcing those that do not wish to go to twitter to have to go to twitter.
    fzcq8xrk87ky.jpg
    Would of just been easier as I previously stated to screenshot it and post the picture here on the forums for those whom do not wish to go to twitter, its really not that hard foxman.
    3qcaos3bcqwh.jpg

This is easier for them to see. ;)

Odd that you should say this, because as far as I can tell, the link I post actually shows the tweet in the thread without need of a screenshot. 🤷‍♀️ And yes, as a previous tweet I posted states, the Event will be extended due to this downtime.
    This is an example only of both old and new forum websites, that many like me see when it comes to those posts.
    old forum webpage
    791qbqhxr8v2.jpg

New forum webpage
    5k0byvjbsewd.jpg

Thought best to show you the examples so that you do not think I am personally having a go at anyone, no harm or malice intended...

Thought best to show you the examples so that you do not think I am personally having a go at anyone, no harm or malice intended...

Well, that is certainly odd that you are seeing that. As far as I can tell, others are seeing the tweets same as I do. Don't know that to tell you. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png

Well, that is certainly odd that you are seeing that. As far as I can tell, others are seeing the tweets same as I do. Don't know that to tell you. 🤷‍♀️

And that is absolutely ok, at least now you have that knowledge that some only see links, and others see it as an actual posted picture of the tweets instead of links.
    I imagine it has not been an easy past 24 hours for the devs and moderators here, so I am always willing to cut a little slack, and thank you for extending the event due to the hiccup.
    May you all have a wonderful Easter weekend..
  • gideon0071gideon0071 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    wish I could play, instead have to look out the window in NYC-a bunch of crazies out here.
  • gargant#8431 gargant Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yeesh, just started a 4-day weekend, and this...
  • husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User

No such luck here. I'm not sure what they mean by may take some time for it to work. Launcher updated but game still won't launch.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Interestingly, I was in this afternoon. Still buggy in some places. I could play Academy map content. At this time, the game client is unavailable. Baby steps. (/\)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Over the last couple of days I was having no problem logging-in & playing till today's patch now I'm getting that dread "Invalid" too. It's always a bit of a shock how much of a bummer it is not being able to play lol
  • gargant#8431 gargant Member Posts: 5 Arc User

No such luck here. I'm not sure what they mean by may take some time for it to work. Launcher updated but game still won't launch.

Me neither. Got a patch of some sort, but no joy
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Played this afternoon and early evening without any issue. Played the Voth event and Red Alert without rubber banding and even completed the endeavors. However, when I just tried to log on it downloaded a patch and poof, "client quit unexpectantly". Oh well, hopefully it gets fixed tomorrow.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
This discussion has been closed.