test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moving Inventory Items Around Issue

cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
I believe there is a new bug with account inventory screens only.

I can left click and hold all windows to move them around, I can move the HUD around in edit mode, but trying to left click and grab any items from my account bank or character inventory screens is not working as intended. I literally can't move any item up/down/left/right and it takes multiple tries to get the item(s).

I have this issue regardless of launching the game from either Steam or Arc.

Thank you for looking into this.
cmbanner2015.jpg

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Had a try at this myself but didn't notice any issue.
    Perhaps your best option is to share a video, if you can.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Had a try at this myself but didn't notice any issue.
    Perhaps your best option is to share a video, if you can.

Tried posting a link and it didnt work, however, if you go to Twitch.tv/Cryptie and look at the highlight clip from this mornings stream, you will see the issue I am addressing.
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    That is weird indeed, but looks to me to be more of a mouse-related issue than a game issue.
    Do you have any software interacting with your mouse that could be causing this?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    That is weird indeed, but looks to me to be more of a mouse-related issue than a game issue.
    Do you have any software interacting with your mouse that could be causing this?

I'm on all new equipment. I can free move anything in several other games I also play and STO is literally the only game doing this. Even doing a clean install, regardless of Steam or Arc stand alone log in, I have this issue, so I'm fairly certain it's something with the account itself.

Devs are literally looking into this as I'm typing this reply, so hopefully it gets figured out soon :)
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    I have noticed similar behavior on and off for years where I had to grab and drag down and could not start the drag in any other direction. I just thought it was a quirk of the interface and got into the habit of doing that though I noticed that I don't always have to drag items straight down to get them moving.