test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour The Galaxy completion bug

When running Tour The Galaxy, both myself and another in my fleet have noticed that after completing Alpha, Beta and Delta quadrants, the Gamma destinations all disappear and the mission acts as though it's complete.
"We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Destinations disappear after the 15-minute timer runs out. It's WAI.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User

I should clarify then - they are disappearing before the timer runs out. Prior to this bug, I could complete all 4 quadrants with about 2-3 minutes left. The timer still had time left on it, but after completing the Delta destinations it just suddenly ends without letting me go to Gamma.
    I'm also not the only one who's experienced it, with a fleet member having the same issue.

"We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Okay, ran it again, had 4 mins left on timer when I transwarped to Gamma Quadrant and the same happened. It is not WAI.

The odd thing is, the popup dialogue box as though the mission is completed has no text in it, and if I ignore it and don't click Accept, the destinations in Gamma Quadrant still show up as objectives. When I fly to them, I get the exploration and trade exp and energy credits as normal. I just had to ignore talking to the questgiver to make sure they still showed as available.

But yeah, it is not working as intended. It's bugged. As of latest patch, still bugged.
  • Options

Sorry for bump, just wanted to make sure this was being looked into
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Did you try going to Gamma before Delta?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Did you try going to Gamma before Delta?

I haven't, but if doing them in order was the reason for the bug then surely it would manifest when I do Beta before Alpha.
    Could give it a go though, see if it makes a difference. Just wish the bug would actually be acknowledged.
  • Options
    Just wish the bug would actually be acknowledged.
    I've run the Tour on many occasions since you first posted this, and I've yet to see this happen.
    My setup is not optimised and I usually complete 2 or 3 quadrants before running out of time and the remaining destination all disappear as they should.
    Perhaps you could try capturing a video of the issue and sharing it?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    Just wish the bug would actually be acknowledged.
    I've run the Tour on many occasions since you first posted this, and I've yet to see this happen.
    My setup is not optimised and I usually complete 2 or 3 quadrants before running out of time and the remaining destination all disappear as they should.
    Perhaps you could try capturing a video of the issue and sharing it?

I can try getting a screen capture set up, sure. Is there any preferred place to upload the video? Google Drive? Dropbox?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I can try getting a screen capture set up, sure. Is there any preferred place to upload the video? Google Drive? Dropbox?
    Nvidia graphics drivers have video-capture built-in -- ALT+Z is the key combination to bring up the option to record.

OBS is a free alternative that works very well, but can be quite intimidating.

For video-hosting, YouTube is an obvious place to upload, but you could easily go with Vimeo, or other video-hosting sites.
  • Options
    Nvidia graphics drivers have video-capture built-in -- ALT+Z is the key combination to bring up the option to record.

For video-hosting, YouTube is an obvious place to upload, but you could easily go with Vimeo, or other video-hosting sites.

Hello!
    Apologies for the delay. Had trouble recording video without my old potato of a PC wanting to set my house on fire. I have a new gaming PC and recorded my latest TTG run where the same thing happens, and it can clearly be seen that over 4 minutes remain on the timer before the mission suddenly goes "nah, you're done" despite Gamma destinations still showing on the map.

I am exporting the video now and shall have it posted to Youtube ASAP.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Video is up! https://youtu.be/w5Sy6etKUlw
    You'll notice at 10:49 I have 5 minutes and 40 seconds remaining on the TTG mission timer.
    When I get to the Vaadwaur system (time stamp 112:38 in the video), it suddenly goes from 4 minutes 52 seconds remaining to saying Report Back.
    I then transwarp to Gamma Quadrant, and the Tour The Galaxy system destinations still show up.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the video, and thanks for letting us see your setup & technique - I managed to pick up a few things that would likely help me get a few more systems visited before the timer expires.

The thing that grabbed my attention was that your completion of the Delta Quadrant triggered a sort of 'mission complete' status, as if you'd visited everywhere and that there was nowhere left to visit. It could, therefore, be an issue with the way the mission is set up...
    Does this still happen if you do the Gamma Quadrant before visiting the Delta Quadrant?
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the video, and thanks for letting us see your setup & technique - I managed to pick up a few things that would likely help me get a few more systems visited before the timer expires.

The thing that grabbed my attention was that your completion of the Delta Quadrant triggered a sort of 'mission complete' status, as if you'd visited everywhere and that there was nowhere left to visit. It could, therefore, be an issue with the way the mission is set up...
    Does this still happen if you do the Gamma Quadrant before visiting the Delta Quadrant?
    I haven't tried Gamma before Delta, though I can give it a go and report back once cooldown resets on that captain.
    If it were a case of it being in a particular order though, surely Beta completion would glitch it since it's happening before Alpha. May just be Delta systems in particular causing it.

Will test and report back.