test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A GOOD DAY TO DIE!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
Take on six Klingon themed TFOs in the first part of our 2023 Event Campaign!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11536493
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    The prize for this event certainly looks interesting. I look forward to using this new bat'leth!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    The new campaign starts on the 16th and the current one doesnt end till the 23rd?
    I for one (along with others I know) CANT CANT CANT do 2 events back to back. Its hard enough doing them without breaks inbetween both events as it is but now, you are overlappinng by 8 days? You need to rethink this descision. Some of us CANT handle what your doing AT ALL! To have to is extreme grinding stress which is very harmfull to the person who has t do this.
    After looking at todays maintenace it is aparent that event scheduling screwups are gonna continue so i am forced to take a break from regular gameplay in order to accomodate the break I need between events that does not exist.
    Thanks again for yet another scheduling fowlup requiring that i stop playing normal content cause of stress brought on by doing two events in 1 day.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,805 Arc User
    Really cool looking armour.
    I hope it can be combined with other costumes - if so, it certainly looks like I could use some of its parts for my wannabe Xindi-insectoid.

I'm glad Defense of SB 1 is in the list of eligible TFO's. To Hell with Honour is a fun mission too, although few people seem to play it unfortunately. Hopefully that will be different during this event.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Really loving the rewards for this event. Armour looks very cool.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    sslorrsslorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Is it me or does the armor look like the robot from the 'Lost in Space' reboot on netflix? Otherwise it is cool
  • Options
    sslorr wrote: »
    Is it me or does the armor look like the robot from the 'Lost in Space' reboot on netflix? Otherwise it is cool

Now that you mention it - it does!

I hope the face part of this armour can shine blue and red too. :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    The new campaign starts on the 16th and the current one doesnt end till the 23rd?
    I for one (along with others I know) CANT CANT CANT do 2 events back to back. Its hard enough doing them without breaks inbetween both events as it is but now, you are overlappinng by 8 days? You need to rethink this descision. Some of us CANT handle what your doing AT ALL! To have to is extreme grinding stress which is very harmfull to the person who has t do this.

Most players will be done with the Anniversary Event before this new event starts. Granted, not everyone will be done due to their individual circumstances. Even so, TFOs tend to run rather quickly, and since event progress is account-wide, I'm not seeing where a whole lot of "grinding" is necessary. 30 minutes or so out of one's day to run even BOTH events, doesn't sound overly taxing. As to "have to," no one HAS to. Feel free to take a break if you need to. The game will be here when you come back. 😊
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    So ev suit, ground armour, ground weapon, but no ground shield ?
    Seems odd to have left that out for a ground set.
  • Options
    I didn't like the looks of the armor until I read this.
    Now, I love it and won't be able to unsee it.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Outstanding work on the appearance of the Torchbearer armor.

Granted we don't know the stats yet but well done on the visuals.

I totally agree with the similarity of the Netflix's 'Lost In Space' robot (which is very cool).

Hopefully Cryptic will allow BOFFs to utilize it too.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. Nope, not doing this. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User

Danger, Wil Wheatonson :P
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    The prize for this event certainly looks interesting. I look forward to using this new bat'leth!

Just don't shish kabob yourself with it. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    Really cool looking armour.
    I hope it can be combined with other costumes - if so, it certainly looks like I could use some of its parts for my wannabe Xindi-insectoid.

I'm glad Defense of SB 1 is in the list of eligible TFO's. To Hell with Honour is a fun mission too, although few people seem to play it unfortunately. Hopefully that will be different during this event.

Honor chugs my framerate, old compy. Should be better once my new one is set up.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Even though the events overlap they do not seem to be a problem to do. While Iuppiter Iratus does drag a little, Defense of Starbase One is probably the lowest stress and least draggy of any TFO so it should not add much, if any, difficulty to getting both events done even where they overlap.

I noticed the resemblance of the Torchbearer armor to the LiS-reboot robot (and the general resemblance to the Alien movie aesthetics) back when DSC first aired, it is just another example of Kurtzman's tendency to take the road most traveled instead of doing anything unique. The only use for the visuals of the armor that I might do would be to put it on some boffs to have them AS the robots in a crossover theme though the armor itself might be interesting functionally.

Hopefully the bat'leth will have better animations (and an actual closer function) than the dull static animations all the other bat'leths have. While the flame burst or whatever it uses might help slightly with the lack of closer it is far from ideal since without a closer it would just be the flame without any of the physical damage otherwise.
  • Options
    vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Any stats revealed about those super-cool looking Klingon Set?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    @baddmoonrizin

Does this armor actually fit the body type of the character, or does it replace our character body type like the Red Angel body suit does? Just wondering…

Thanks for the reply!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    I'm seeing this title, and I'm thinking: aren't they all dead yet?

These Klingons sure cling on to life for a people who repeatedly claim that it's a good day to die.

Or... Maybe... Does canon say anything about the length of a day on Qu'onos?

• Options
    rakenjazr#4438 rakenjazr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Does the Premium Tier-6 Starship Choice also include ships from the Events released Before 2022? As in the Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser? or is that something else entirely?!? (just asking due to all past events, when they gave the description for that prize, it was not.... quite exactly clear, on the reward for it. as well as looking to see if the khitomer battlecruiser was available or not.)
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Does the Premium Tier-6 Starship Choice also include ships from the Events released Before 2022?

The premium T6 Choice doesn't include any event ships. It's old lockbox and Promo Ships.
    The description is quite clear. Click on "Reward Info" and you will see the complete list of all ships available from the premium T6 Choice.

If you're looking for old event ships, that's either Phoenix pack or Mudd's.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    should really put in a disclaimer that the premium ship is a single player 1 time ship, not account wide and if dismissed can not be summon again.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,369 Arc User
    I'm seeing this title, and I'm thinking: aren't they all dead yet?
    They don't always get what they want. I mean, today would be a good day for cheesecake, but I'm probably not getting any cheesecake today...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    should really put in a disclaimer that the premium ship is a single player 1 time ship, not account wide and if dismissed can not be summon again.
    To be fair, the tooltip for the prize package does almost hint at this:
    "This box allows you to choose one Premium Tier-6 Starship..."

However, it isn't very obvious and newer players have been caught out by this. It does indeed need clarification and expansion upon this in the tooltip.

Now, I'm also of the opinion that grinding out 5 events to gain the grand prize should also unlock the selected ship for the whole account. But we get three (more recently, 4) free T6 ships a year anyway, and making this reward an account unlock is likely just me pushing my luck.

It may also be that it can't be done technically...

Besides, if I want account unlocked ships, I could go for the two Z-Store coupons.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    Prior to today, my campaign progress was at 3250/3500, but now it's at 0/3500.

Was this supposed to happen?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Yes! Event Campaign 4 from last year is finished. This is the start of Event Campaign 5.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Yes! Event Campaign 4 from last year is finished. This is the start of Event Campaign 5.

This only serves to show my ignorance; I only became aware of Event Campaigns last year (despite playing for 3 years); it's only natural that I didn't know how Event Campaigns work, and when they're supposed to reset.

Growing pains, school of hard knocks, and all...
  • Options
    kdftoonaltkdftoonalt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Now let me say I agree with the person who complained about not being doing with the 13th Anniversary Event. I am sure we all have 2 accounts (usually one that you started with and then a second account where you started fresh/new toons learning from mistakes of those seen in your first account). So there is some extra time there. Not to mention many players have real lives and I am sure other games they also play that ask of their time, so many MMO's and single player games left unplayed on Steam/Epic/Uplay/Origin/etc.

Right now I am not being able to spend working on all my toons and getting them up to 65 with so many events being back to back as even I have to take a day away from the game either for health or work related reasons aka real life. There is a mental grind, naturally you will select one of those 5 or 6 items to complete the daily event requirement and so you play it 14 times. Lets also not forget the skill of the random team. I was on a team the other day that took 30 minutes or more and then when we took the enterprise down to zero and Lita says I done with this or giving up essentially it never moved to that phase where Janeway comes on, you get your completion reputation points and daily 2 point progress. Many people are using their I call "UFO's" and just sitting at one of the locations and never move and should a player quit or gets d/c'd you only have 4 players, and that ufo is not there to help.

I just wish we could be given a breather of a week or so, to catch up on other aspects of maintaining toons. Like moving doff's around, moving/buying/selling/building/upgrading of gear, finishing task/episodes/etc.

I have an idea for the next 3 or 4 of these events. Why not make it based on completing certain story lines during a 2 week period or month, or on the account completing a story arc you haven't started gives you 1 point towards the award. Those who have lets say no storylines/arcs left to finish, that everyone they go back through they can get 1 point. Tie this in perhaps one of the recruitment events (Dom, AOY, ROM, KDF). Completion of Endeavors per day or something else other than giving us 6 missions/patrols/tfo as the only true rotation to avoid grinding.

Also to help avoid the "grind" feeling. Why not break the events in half so you can have more themes. Perhaps one dealing the with the various STO TFO bad guys. Make it a 12 day event, where you get 1point a day and once you hit 7, you can earn that extra dil bonus but also it gets you 1/2 way done on the first dual header/double header, with the second one, also about 12 days and 7 points needed to complete so a total of 14 points. That way if a person is a little behind on the first 1/2 they have a few extra days to complete the daily requirements. Make a small reward for those who complete the first 1/2 of the event, so it can encourage players to get their 7 required for part 1 for 10,000 dil or 2 fleet mods or 1 Boff elite and Captain Elite or 2 Ship Upgrades, etc..

If you can't get all 7 down in the first 1/2, then you have 5 extra days on the second 1/2 of the 1 event to get to 14 to get the prize for that 1 event that was spread over 24 days with just an incentive bonus to complete the 1st half of 7 dailies.
  • Options
    Bit of feedback: open up the advanced and elite versions for the event.

I was playing on a newer toon today, on normal difficulty. There were a lot of people there who... Well, let's just say they were too good to be playing normal difficulty.

It's no fun to only watch everything getting destroyed before you can even select an enemy - for the entire duration of the mission.

Oh, and these missions need to be excluded from the random selection during the event. This is the second event (the one with Bug hunt being the other one) where this wasn't done and queuing for a random mission is almost guaranteed to get you in one of the event missions (meaning you'll be playing SB 1 or To Hell with Honour over and over again).

This discussion has been closed.