test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THE 13TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
It's almost time for our 13th Anniversary Celebration! Get details on the events you'll be participating in to earn a new T6 Ship!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11534783
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    The dates look a little wrong, you might want to check the year and its the 13th Anniversary not the 12th as it says in places. All these and more errors where pointed out when this was incorrectly posted last week.

Who ever is in charge of writing blogs gives the impression they don't care with the constant none stop errors. It feels like they are always rushing the blogs out without proof reading anything. In this case many of the errors where pointed out over the past week.

No one minds a few errors but the amount of mistakes constantly slipping though is far beyond reasonable levels and are often things that really should be picked up on before it goes live. Overall the quality of the blogs paint a very poor impression within the community.
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The dates look a little wrong, you might want to check the year and its the 13th Anniversary not the 12th as it says in places. All these and more errors where pointed out when this was incorrectly posted last week.

Who ever is in charge of writing blogs gives the impression they don't care with the constant none stop errors. It feels like they are always rushing the blogs out without proof reading anything. In this case many of the errors where pointed out over the past week.

No one minds a few errors but the amount of mistakes constantly slipping though is far beyond reasonable levels and are often things that really should be picked up on before it goes live. Overall the quality of the blogs paint a very poor impression within the community.

^ This!
    And I like to add, that I wouldn't be as frustrated, if this happend only occasionally. But as Pottsey pointed out, this keeps happening very constantly!
    Actually, it feels like each and every blogpost is so full of errors and mistakes, that it's pretty obvious that Kael couldn't be bothered to proof read anything in principle.

Also we keep getting false blogposts, announcing events on PC, that are actually on consoles. Other events aren't even announced at all!

I consider this a serious problem, since, as Pottsey already stated, this indeed leaves a very poor impression.
    A poor impression of Cryptics QA, the overall quality of this game and the entire team working on it.
    And I believe that both, this community and the Devs deserve better.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    😒🙄😒 ... I'll let them know.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If whoever wrote this was trying to make an Aladdin reference at the end, it's 'phenomenal cosmic power', not grand.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    maybe a photostar class?
  • Options
    arhippa74arhippa74 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    A lil' newb question: I just started my character, do i need to be level 60 or something to be able to get the tier 6 ship? I got a few days to level up if that's the case..
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @arhippa74 said:
    > A lil' newb question: I just started my character, do i need to be level 60 or something to be able to get the tier 6 ship? I got a few days to level up if that's the case..

You don’t need to be level 60, but you may need to be maybe level 15 or so to join the TFOs. I can’t remember. The story mission and patrol options should be available for any character who completed the tutorial. So you shouldn’t have any problems completing the event. The missions will auto level you too if you join a TFO, depending on your setup you may not be great at the TFOs, but most of the new ones are pretty forgiving. Many of the objectives are timegates. So even a weak team will normally complete it.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    arhippa74 wrote: »
    A lil' newb question: I just started my character, do i need to be level 60 or something to be able to get the tier 6 ship? I got a few days to level up if that's the case..

You don't need to be level 60 to earn the ship. It will take about 3 weeks to earn the ship. Which ever way you device to do the daily grind over that 3 weeks to earn the ship should be more than enough to get you to level 60 to use the ship. Most ships do scale with level. No one has said one way or another if this event ship scales with a characters level when below level 60 but it is more than likely that it will.
  • Options
    arhippa74arhippa74 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

You don't need to be level 60 to earn the ship. It will take about 3 weeks to earn the ship. Which ever way you device to do the daily grind over that 3 weeks to earn the ship should be more than enough to get you to level 60 to use the ship. Most ships do scale with level. No one has said one way or another if this event ship scales with a characters level when below level 60 but it is more than likely that it will.

Thanks! I don't even want to use it before i'm worthy, i just thought it would be nice to get beforehand.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    No one has said one way or another if this event ship scales with a characters level when below level 60 but it is more than likely that it will.
    T6 ships didn't scale at first, but when they changed them a few years back, any and all T6's have scaled and are usable at any level.
    ...do i need to be level 60 or something to be able to get the tier 6 ship?
    Most ingame Events are playable from level 10, with some playable right out of the tutorials.
    "Red Alert" events are the only ones that have a higher level requirement, playable only at level 50 and above.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Will the ship have a unique bridge with a Voyager probe ( proper real world one) in it and a V'ger style design? I feel we need something to honor the old voyager probes of the real world.
    Post edited by corerunner#1772 on
  • Options
    vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Will be there 13th Anniversary Ships Pack, like 10th, 11th and12th? If yes then o boy! I will buy it!
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    vesh20 wrote: »
    Will be there 13th Anniversary Ships Pack, like 10th, 11th and12th? If yes then o boy! I will buy it!

Not to be the one to kill the joy here, but on top I have noticed the retraction of advertising the anniversary, last year, it was just the emblem in ESD and no number 12. Will that adjusted to reflect the event?

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User

Thanks! I don't even want to use it before i'm worthy, i just thought it would be nice to get beforehand.

On the contrary, T6 ships are the only ones you can use from the start (well as soon as you exit the tutorial and get into the main game anyway) all the way to endgame, so there is no need to wait with them.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    T6 ships are the only ones you can use from the start ... all the way to endgame...
    Well...
    ...you could use a T1 from game start all the way to endgame, but I wouldn't like to try it!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    bravoinf#3109 bravoinf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    for some reason today my event progress isn't working Ive played 2 different missions worth 2 progress point a piece with no points awarded Ive had the same problem before on a different event can we fix this
  • Options
    for some reason today my event progress isn't working Ive played 2 different missions worth 2 progress point a piece with no points awarded Ive had the same problem before on a different event can we fix this

Sorry, don't mean anything by this, just want to make sure of the simple things first: Are you sure the 20 hour countdown timer had expired since your last playthrough? If so, have you contacted support? If so, and they were unable to resolve it, have you filed a bug report? This isn't the subforum they typically look for such things.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    it seems to be working today but still didn't get it for yesterday don't know what changed but thanks for fixing it
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User

On the contrary, T6 ships are the only ones you can use from the start (well as soon as you exit the tutorial and get into the main game anyway) all the way to endgame, so there is no need to wait with them.

The best part of this is that the ship levels with you, starting off at more or less the level of a good T1 ship. Makes it feel as if your trusty old warhorse is getting improved by your crew, as you go.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »

The best part of this is that the ship levels with you, starting off at more or less the level of a good T1 ship. Makes it feel as if your trusty old warhorse is getting improved by your crew, as you go.

Yeah, it as if you have your own personal Scotty, La Forge or Torres down in engineering constantly improving our ships well beyond the shipyard specs.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.