What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(redacted)

cato#6964 cato Member Posts: 13 Arc User
(flame/troll/name and shame/discussion of moderation redacted) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    They did answer your question, though. Elite random TFO's aren't a thing because Elite TFO's are too difficult to rely on PUGs. It's bad enough we get noobies in Advanced randoms who die over and over again and don't have a proper build to speak of, and the rest of the team has to pick up the slack for them; that problem would be WAY worse in elites.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,718 Arc User
    Normal and advanced TFOs take the place of dungeons in other games, while elite TFOs are meant to take the place of raids. Random dungeons are a thing in a lot of games, but few (if any) feature random raids because they are meant to require extreme levels of precision teamwork to win, and you cannot get that with PUGs.
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    (quotation of redacted comment removed) - darkbladejk

The reasons your thread was closed were given in Badmoon's lengthy reply, particularly his final paragraph.

What you describe as a 'serious problem' others don't seem to think is. However, you appear unwilling to let it drop.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    You would be better off privately messaging Baddmoon and discussing it with him there as discussion of moderation is against forum rules. Don't be surprised when this thread gets locked too.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,118 Arc User
    edited October 2022

Discussing moderation is against forum policy. Badd would of had his reason for closing a thread. Badd along with the other moderators are competent at the work they do voluntarily. Please respect Badd and the decision taken.
  • cato#6964 cato Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Don't any of guys want to see that change?
    I mean, don't you think it could be better?
    Look, you all read the threads, so I not going to argue those points all over again.
    BUT, I do have an idea. Something I think would solve the problem.
    It's simple.
    All you have to do is create three Random Button Cycles, (create 3 new cycles)
    Assign each given Cycle to it's chosen difficulty (tier).
    If you want to beef it up and keep the weaker Players out of Elite Cycles, then make it a Lv 65 requirement.
    Who would have a problem with that?

Check it out. To think that Players who want to play elite TFO's, all they have to do is invite others, is a solution; is not.
    They are not thinking this out. It works only if you know enough people who can do it, while at the same time, has the time to do it. See what I'm saying?
    So, then, if that's the case, what do you do then? Shout at Strangers?
    And the fact that those Elite TFO's are RARELY being played proves the point.
    I mean they are up there, but for what?
    edited October 2022

Shhh,....You know what, I'm not a lawyer. I didn't come to quiver over stuff like that. And I'm not disrespecting him. I just don't understand him. There's a difference.

I mean if you're going to lock up somebody's thread it should be at least for reasons that make sense. Non-Game Topics, or badgering somebody. I was doing neither. I didn't start the thread because I came here wanting to stir somebody's stew.
    I'm trying to get something done about a problem.

I think it's a real problem, and I'm trying to see if something can be done.

edited October 2022

Well, how can they? I mean, they are not any given a chance to do so when the thread gets locked up.
    See what I'm saying?
    It's hard to let it drop when it's shot out of your hand.
    edited October 2022
    (Comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,786 Community Moderator
    if you are unsure of why a thread was locked and would like clarification you can pm one of the moderators to request said clarification. if you wish to appeal moderation you feel was unwarranted you can make an appeal to the community manager Ambassador Kael. Otherwise name and shame will not be tolerated here. Likewise discussion of moderation is against forum rules as well.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.