test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are the knives in-game?

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
Now that we have a slashing knife animation in episodes like Red Shift, will we finally be seeing knife type weapons in-game? (daggers, Mirror knife (as seen in that episode), D'k tahg, etc.) In addition to the slashing animation, it would be great to have the 'second' attack for knives be a stabbing motion.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    One of the Terran arc's mission rewards is a Terran Dagger device that just outright replaces you normal melee with the dagger slash.

Confused me at first until I discovered it was a Device and not an actual weapon. I kinda wanna say it was the mission reward for one of the Shift missions, either Red or Blue. Don't remember which one off the top of my head.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    One of the Terran arc's mission rewards is a Terran Dagger device that just outright replaces you normal melee with the dagger slash.

Confused me at first until I discovered it was a Device and not an actual weapon. I kinda wanna say it was the mission reward for one of the Shift missions, either Red or Blue. Don't remember which one off the top of my head.

Blue shift, and yes, it's amazing. The terran knife gives you a much more powerful melee attack over the usual rifle butt/palm strike, and it doesn't even take up a weapon slot to do so.

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    They also have Leck's Throwing knives. The primary attack throws a single blade and the secondary is a cone of blades.
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Blue shift, and yes, it's amazing. The terran knife gives you a much more powerful melee attack over the usual rifle butt/palm strike, and it doesn't even take up a weapon slot to do so.

Yes! I immediately wanted to replay this episode with my Terran alt. More please! (Ushaan-tor? Mek'leth? Ka-Bar?)
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    They also have Leck's Throwing knives. The primary attack throws a single blade and the secondary is a cone of blades.

From the Gamma arc mission called Quark's Lucky seven and is available to all players new and old and their officers. I ran it 5 times in a row once to fully equip my captain and officers because it's very useful for physical damage endeavours and versus the Borg. I'm not a fan of the melee combat in this game. It also looks cool to chuck knives. B) So I'm going to see about equipping the Terran Dagger as I ignored it thinking it was just a weapon reward. I've been missing out of cool points. :o
  • > @pwemademedothis said:
    > Yes! I immediately wanted to replay this episode with my Terran alt. More please! (Ushaan-tor? Mek'leth? Ka-Bar?)

Ushaan-Tor is available in one of the New Terran Arc Missions...the one where you join with the Andorian Freedom Fighter from the Mirror Universe...
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    The knives from the Lucky Seven episode are the best knives I've found in game. It's shame though there is no 3D model for them when you pull them out like a gun/rifle.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Maybe I should have made the title of this thread different.

'Where are all the missing canon knives?'

All the 'special' device based and throwing knives are a cool addition, but why don't we have access to use everyday fighting knives like the Mirror knife, D'k tahg, and so forth?

We obviously have a mechanic to use them in the game now (see first post), so why aren't they in the game like batleth, lirpa, and so forth are?
This discussion has been closed.