test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Counterpoint and 'take items' buttons

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
I'm sure most people who have recently played Counterpoint know about this. For those who don't:

Since changes were made to the mission a couple of weeks ago, enemies will continuously spawn over Terok Nor during the phase of the mission where you fight against it. When killed, these enemies will drop items, which quickly make the button used to beam down assault teams less accessible.

Especially if your ship is moving, thus getting within more or less items as you fly over it. Which it will be in many cases, since you need to fly hence and forth between, and partly over the stations.

I'm not sure which solution to propose, but I think one is needed. So please, share your suggestions.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    For TFOs I'd love settings for auto take and auto need/greed/pass based on quality level. I normally only "need" blue or better, to save for salvage endeavors.

Manual looting is a waste of time and silly extra clicks. It might even load the server more than having it auto-loot and auto-vote for me, since that requires 1 or 2 extra user action messages to be received and processed.

That's another one for the "quick wins QoL changes" list the devs asked for earlier this year.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
    virtually every other game has an auto loot function
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    edited September 2022

Even the console version of STO has it, but it has no settings to auto-discard or auto-salvage white and green drops.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator

Even the console version of STO has it, but it has no settings to auto-discard or auto-salvage white and green drops.

Well, there is an auto loot option in the Options menu on PC. Not sure if it functions the way you're expecting, but it's there. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Well, there is an auto loot option in the Options menu on PC. Not sure if it functions the way you're expecting, but it's there. 🤷‍♀️

I recently went on a hunt for that and couldn't find it.

I guess I'll be on the hunt again...

TallyHo!
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The auto loot option only stops the pop up window that lets you see the loot from popping up.
  • Options
    foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    This reminds me when I got stuck on a patrol mission where I had a bunch of item pickup prompts cover up the defeated window and I couldn't click respawn because it was blocked, but I couldn't pick up the items because defeated, I had to alt + f4 the game and restart!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The easiest solution would be to always put interactions like 'beam down assault team' or 'close rift' at the top of the list, rather than at the bottom. It's the same problem with Voth ground BZ. With all the loot boxes dropping from enemies, you have to click on the button manually, if you don't want to pick up all the hyposprays, booze and lockboxes first.

Now that I think of it, isn't that already the case in Azure Nebula Rescue ? Deactivating tractor beams to free Romulan ships is always at the top of the list. They just need to adopt it everywhere else.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    The easiest solution would be to always put interactions like 'beam down assault team' or 'close rift' at the top of the list, rather than at the bottom. It's the same problem with Voth ground BZ. With all the loot boxes dropping from enemies, you have to click on the button manually, if you don't want to pick up all the hyposprays, booze and lockboxes first.

Now that I think of it, isn't that already the case in Azure Nebula Rescue ? Deactivating tractor beams to free Romulan ships is always at the top of the list. They just need to adopt it everywhere else.

I think that would be the best, indeed.
    alonar wrote: »
    The auto loot option only stops the pop up window that lets you see the loot from popping up.

This is true. I use this feature, but it doesn't do anything against the 'take items' interaction buttons appearing in the middle of the screen, near buttons the player actually needs to work towards a mission objective.

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    Putting the other interactions above the looting ones might help, though there are drawbacks to it too, like accidentally leaving the area before picking up the green and blue items because the "leave" jumps to the top after you hit the button but before it is processed to the "leave" gets processed instead.

A better solution might be to separate the looting from the objective interactions entirely, then using the screen edit function could be used to place them in separate locations and a separate keybind set so they do not get tangled.

Unfortunately, that would not be a quick fix I suspect, which would mean that going directly for the best solution (an actually functional autoloot/autosalvage/autodiscard system) would probably be the most practical in the long run, which pretty much guarantees that nothing to solve the problem will ever get done.
This discussion has been closed.