Options

The Legendary Starfleet Captain's Bundle

2»

Comments

• Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    westmetals wrote: »
    The comment above was about removing the Vesta-only restrictions from the consoles. Not removing the consoles from the ship.

Yes! Hovever, I just checked and it seems the restriction isn't there anymore. I must have missed it being removed already. Cheers and sorry about the confusion.
  • Options
    mathwanusmathwanus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've always admired the t5 appearances, but never bought one. So for that reason alone, this bundle interests me. The other thing I'm interested in is the EV suit. BUT, the EV suit is only for one character. So that means I'm paying about $50 for one ship -- and I already have a great miracle worker sci ship and a great pilot sci ship and TWO great temporal sci ships. I don't really need an intel sci ship. So it's $50 for a ship I'm going to let sit on a very pretty shelf and an EV suit I can put on a single character. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.
  • Options
    liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Anyone else buy the bundle but the items didnt appear on their inventory? I fulfilled the criteria and played past the tutorial but no luck :(
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    it's tempting.. Elisa Flores says in the tutorial she wants to command one.. Can the Elisa Flores boff be renamed?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I open the gear pack on my new character only the new ground weapons and boffs are already given to you and bound to that exact character, why didn't they get a separate store listing so I can choose which characters to claim them on once?
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I actually noticed that the vesta is the ship Elisa was drooling over, smart move on Cryptics part to have THAT the 2409 officer ship
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I know they are design for one but why does it have to be the new character insta boosted to 65? I have to lose out on the 65 token if I wanted them on one of my other toons?
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > I know they are design for one but why does it have to be the new character insta boosted to 65? I have to lose out on the 65 token if I wanted them on one of my other toons?

I was interested in the ground weapons myself. Really wish they would have offered those as a separate, account unlock
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    It all comes down to one thing- are the ships good enough to be worth the price? I've never bothered with any of the Vesta variants, however I notice the legendary Caelian actually does have a better 4/2 weapon layout than the 3/3 that science ships come with. Has anyone bought this and how is the ship to fly?
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I am bias, I love the Vesta ships, the 4/2 layout is great, intel is great for sci loadouts with the latest changes to intel, the turn rate is decent so you can load cannons if you want and any sci ship with a pet slot is the best in my opinion. Boff slots are decent and having a lt cmdr intel/universal makes the slot very versatile. I am very satisfied with the ship, but opinions will vary and I did say I am bias, I do love the original ships.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Just some feedback regarding the Bundle.
    - The level boost is a bit annoying for a number of reasons. It seems to do less than the previous level boosts. No rep boosts or marks. Not really enough EC to even properly equip your starter BOFF’s with abilities. And quite frankly once you dig through all of the stuff to get your character straightened out and playable, you could have just leveled a new character normally. With fewer headaches.
    - Regarding Holo BOFF’s. At some point could we please make them able to be tailored? It would be nice to get them in some form of uniformity. Also maybe an option to turn off the annoying Holo flicker?
    - The way the long asked for EVA suit is implemented is to put it bluntly DISGRACEFUL! We get 1 copy of the suit, on 1 character. No reclaim option anywhere. So it gets stuck on your new boosted toon, when most people, after years of begging for it, would prefer it on their mains. You can’t even equip all of your new Holo BOFF’s with it. 1 copy. If it gets accidentally deleted you are SOL. For an item that’s part of a $60/$120 purchase. And is probably the single most desired item in the bundle. (Let’s be honest the ship is…okay at best. The trait is crp. The consoles are meh. And the ships spec and seating has it fighting with itself from lack of synergy.)
    - The unique weapon skins. Look we have no problem only getting one box of these. But could you maybe make the guns Account Bound so we could spread them out to our other characters? Y’know like you’ve done with tons of other stuff. Because locking stuff like this to my new boosted character and only that character is enough to make me never touch another Legendary ship. The value to the player for the Space Barbie stuff is Account Unlock. It’s not like we can spend more money to get another EVA suit or these guns on another toon. The entire bundle is a one time purchase. The Character Locked visuals are an IDIOTIC product delivery. Please do fire whoever insisted on that. Because they are doing you and your sales no favors.

Look, here’s the long and short of it. By and large when we buy a ship or bundle from the Zen store, we expect Account Unlocks for the bulk of the bundles contents. We pay for the flexibility and value. Without the account unlocks there is no real value. This is simple and has been the case for the 12+ years the game has been in operation. You’re not somehow squeezing more money out of us by making these items single character bound and non reclaimable. Because there is no mechanism for us to spend more for them. You’re just pissing us off for no reason or benefit.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I find it interesting some people actually like the 4/2 weapon setup. 4/2 is 100% inferior on a science ship. What good is a 4/2 setup on a ship that has no right to be running energy weapons or high wep power.

Yes yes I know some people do actually put energy weapons on science ships... I don't understand why anyone would other then RP purposes but anyway.
    Post edited by husanakx on
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
    I got the bundle.

The Legendary Vesta adds some nice pieces to the existing ones.

It's a pity that the Boffs, EV suit and special weapons are restricted to one character though.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    I find it interesting some people actually like the 4/2 weapon setup. 4/2 is 100% inferior on a science ship. What good is a 4/2 setup on a ship that has no right to be running energy weapons or high wep power.

Yes yes I know some people do actually put energy weapons on science ships... I don't understand why anyone would other then RP purposes but anyway.

Going to disagree with you there specially on that ship. First of its full Intel so you can use Surgical Strikes III in combination with Aux Dual heavy cannons. That will do some damage and I believe more so then a torp build without concentrate firepower. I use the Section 31 Science Destroyer with Energy Weapons on a Science Build and it works just fine. Also having the same setup's everybody is always using is about the most boring thing in the game. I fly my California Class with Bording Party just for the hell of it. I use Exceed Rated Limits rather then BOIII or FAWIII. I would stop playing the game a long time ago if I didn't have so many options for builds which all be more then enough to play advanced or elite content. I got the Parliament Class where everybody is saying the ship sucks it doesn't do any damge. It does more then enough damage for any content normal advanced or elite. I think alot of people bind everything to DPS in this game and I used to be that way too until I figured out I have alot more fun building the way I like instead of building the most dps. Most ships still put out a pretty punch and I have alot more fun.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Because there's nothing you can do with a 3/3 that you can't do better with a 4/2.

If your a sci kinetic build... 3/3 is superior. 3 mines > a forth torp that will never fire anyway.

If your playing sci kinetic... your going to run a Dyson and a Pep torp, then your going to pair them with a third torp. You want those two torps firing as often as possible so ideally you pair them with something like a 4s Photon, or even the Kentari missile. Your not going to pair them with a long duration torp.

So an extra torp in the front does what ? Give you the opportunity to run a long duration like a Breen cluster, time distortion ect. I guess... but is that superior then just dropping an extra mine. I don't believe so.

As for those arguing 4/2 will let you use Aux cannons with SS... its going to be inferior. I guess its something different I'll stipulate that. Your still going to need weapon power for the two rear weapons... which again means your trying to max Aux and Weapon power, or at least get enough weapon power to make the rear weapons not completely suck. IMO if your going to do that don't use aux cannons.... try and use sci skills that don't really need high aux power and perhaps you have something. Its still not going to be top tier sci dmg in my opinion anyway.
  • Options

Going to disagree with you there specially on that ship. First of its full Intel so you can use Surgical Strikes III in combination with Aux Dual heavy cannons. That will do some damage and I believe more so then a torp build without concentrate firepower. I use the Section 31 Science Destroyer with Energy Weapons on a Science Build and it works just fine. Also having the same setup's everybody is always using is about the most boring thing in the game. I fly my California Class with Bording Party just for the hell of it. I use Exceed Rated Limits rather then BOIII or FAWIII. I would stop playing the game a long time ago if I didn't have so many options for builds which all be more then enough to play advanced or elite content. I got the Parliament Class where everybody is saying the ship sucks it doesn't do any damge. It does more then enough damage for any content normal advanced or elite. I think alot of people bind everything to DPS in this game and I used to be that way too until I figured out I have alot more fun building the way I like instead of building the most dps. Most ships still put out a pretty punch and I have alot more fun.

I have a Surgical S31 setup as well. That ship has some advantages for that setup.

My issue with it on this ship is that its a legendary ship. I don't know when I hear legendary I think the best of the best of the standard example. I don't think of something strange. I'm ok with the Vulcan jelly, Equinox... and a S31 Sci destroyer being 4/2 they are "tactical" sci ships. The multi mission is imo supposed to be the ultimate Current year Federation Science ship. In that vain I would have left it 3/3 OR perhaps even make it 4/3 (I mean for energy 4/3 wouldn't have been any big upgrade... and like wise for kinetic it would have been a minor bump) However it wouldn't have been a down grade for people using mines.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2022

I have a Surgical S31 setup as well. That ship has some advantages for that setup.

My issue with it on this ship is that its a legendary ship. I don't know when I hear legendary I think the best of the best of the standard example. I don't think of something strange. I'm ok with the Vulcan jelly, Equinox... and a S31 Sci destroyer being 4/2 they are "tactical" sci ships. The multi mission is imo supposed to be the ultimate Current year Federation Science ship. In that vain I would have left it 3/3 OR perhaps even make it 4/3 (I mean for energy 4/3 wouldn't have been any big upgrade... and like wise for kinetic it would have been a minor bump) However it wouldn't have been a down grade for people using mines.

True. Not every Legendary ship they have put out there is as great as it could be. I passed on this bundle for 2 reasons. I didn't see this ship being better then the regular T6 Version and the Space Trait didn't help either. Secondly these level 65 boost rip offs need to stop. They jack the price up for a single ship to 6000 zen because of something what most people despise as far I can tell from reaction on different multi media platforms.
    I let it slide on the Bug ship because it was only 4500zen and putting it on there was a slap in the face considering the Jem'Hadar starts at level 60. I'm not sure if the smart people at Cryptic noticed but in real life prices have gone up gas, food ect.. the last thing I'm going to think about spending money on is the game if they keep ripping people of with these bundles. I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm also sure they will feel it with this bundle because I put a few hours a day in the game and I haven't seen many Vesta's flying around. Its a pretty rare ship to find and you think with it just being out you would see it in TFO's quiet alot like other ships.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    6000 for the vesta was tolerable as you get the consoles and traits from all the vestas, making it a good deal if you didn't have ANY but yeah I bet they don't sell many of those ships once the sale ends they don't sell many
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User

reyan01 wrote: »
    Not sure about the 100zen part, but there is, effectively, already an 'I win' button otherwise there wouldn't be instances of the likes of ISA that last all of twenty seconds.

Fair point

I agree that Torp boats are the perfect reason for a sci to have 4/2. I forget which mine it is but there is one that goes in the front arc, i just don't recall if it's on a cooldown with the torps. Depending on the sci build, Iso plasma isn't a bad choice since it would be there for more of the confuse or pull than the pew pew.

It all comes down to one thing- are the ships good enough to be worth the price?

I don't think they are and Cryptic knows that. Why else would they keep releasing them as bundles or lockbox drops? No one is going to drop real money for an over-priced single ship when they can get it for "free" with Dil or tokens. I'm with you, though. I would be curious to see how these things fly, i just can't afford to test fly ships with the ridiculous price tag Cryptic puts on their stuff.
  • Options

True. Not every Legendary ship they have put out there is as great as it could be. I passed on this bundle for 2 reasons. I didn't see this ship being better then the regular T6 Version and the Space Trait didn't help either. Secondly these level 65 boost rip offs need to stop. They jack the price up for a single ship to 6000 zen because of something what most people despise as far I can tell from reaction on different multi media platforms.
    I let it slide on the Bug ship because it was only 4500zen and putting it on there was a slap in the face considering the Jem'Hadar starts at level 60. I'm not sure if the smart people at Cryptic noticed but in real life prices have gone up gas, food ect.. the last thing I'm going to think about spending money on is the game if they keep ripping people of with these bundles. I'm sure I'm not the only one and I'm also sure they will feel it with this bundle because I put a few hours a day in the game and I haven't seen many Vesta's flying around. Its a pretty rare ship to find and you think with it just being out you would see it in TFO's quiet alot like other ships.

Agreed. 4/2 3/3 arguments aside... the leg vesta just isn't really all that good. The bundle price is insulting. The level up tokens need to get bent already. Cryptic should just sell them on their own... I mean no one would buy them, and perhaps this is all they can think of to charge too much $ for leg ships.

Cryptic in the off chance you in fact read your forums. Instead of level boosts include gear, and things people won't mind being single toon (perhaps 1 Captain upgrade) Gear would serve a double purpose as your still looking for Dill sinks. Heck would it be the end of the world to include say 10 Infinity lockbox weapon packs with a leg pack ? Give people new weapons to burn upgrades on... or to sell for some setup EC and let someone else open them and again burn upgrades.

If I wanted to sell the vesta legendary... my pack would have included;
    Ship (which I would have made 4/3 on the weapon... and probably thought up a better more desirable trait)
    1 Captain upgrade token
    1 Captain Leg improvement pack (1m EC, 36x inv, 12 bank, 6 boff slots, 2 ships slots)
    10 Infinity box weapon boxes
    2 Infinity box Space trait boxes
    2 Infinity box Ship trait boxes
    200 Lobi (and then add the ground gear from the pack to the lobi store)

As for the new holo boffs... they are not a big selling feature for the vast majority of players. But those that want them would pay for them just add them to the store on their own.
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    so i bought it for 6000 zen wasnt gonna buy it if i missed the sale. but my main grip is that. i made a delta recruit for fun. decide to use the boost on him. but everytime i log out my character unequips all the gears that came with it, except the ev suit.and yea holo boffs where not impressive
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    It all comes down to one thing- are the ships good enough to be worth the price? I've never bothered with any of the Vesta variants, however I notice the legendary Caelian actually does have a better 4/2 weapon layout than the 3/3 that science ships come with. Has anyone bought this and how is the ship to fly?

It's okay. It's a bit of a weird hybrid Dew/Sci/Surgical Strikes ship. Which feels awkward at times. I'm sure the Meta players can figure out a way to dial it in to perfection. It's not hard to fly, and not too hard to keep it's nose on target for a DHC build or mixed Canon/Beams.
This discussion has been closed.